Status: Drabble

Simple Love

One/One

Best friend, two very simple words, right? Wrong. She was more than my best friend. She was my first friend, my first true friend, my first best friend, my first love. To this day she is still the only love I’ve ever known. However, I knew we could never be together. Not in a million years.

Her parents of a faith where falling for another girl would send you to hell. Mine of the faith where they did not give a damn. Not as though she would notice a girl loved her anyway. Her head was constantly up in the clouds, dreaming of Prince Charming. Not Princess. She would dream of an extravagant wedding, with white roses, you know. She told me her dreams, her hopes, everything. I was her diary, and she was my escape.

The summer I admitted my feelings towards her, her mouth dropped. Her perfect, soft peach lips, formed a small circle. She had no words, she just smiled gently and touched my hand. Oh, how warm her skin was. She assured me the feelings were not mutal and that she had invited me over to tell me she was going to be dating the “cutest” guy in our class. She was all butterflies and smiles when she told me. My feelings meant nothing.

I left her house that day, and that was the last time I saw her without her boyfriend. Our Senior year slowly fell upon us. Then, the summer slowly crept along and she invited me for one last bike ride before she left for college.

Standing next to one another, we smiled softly and got onto our bikes. We rode down to the pier and stopped at the end. The seagulls were floating above, the waves were crashing along the wooden poles. She looked to me, the sunset gleaming around her round face. With no words, she cupped my face between her two, soft hands. Our lips touched and my heart fluttered. She ended the kiss and smiled to me. She climbed back onto her bike and motioned for me to follow.

We rode back to her house in silent that evening. The next morning she left for college. Two years later she posted she was getting married. I was invited, my Senior year of college.

The way the white dress flowed against her tan skin, my heart soared. She was finally getting what she deserved. She deserved the white wedding, the Prince Charming and the happy life. And she lived that happy life.

But that simple kiss so long ago, will linger between us. Forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
444 words.

x Original picture.

xx