Status: Thanks for reading... You're amazing <3

You Found Me

The First Chapter

My name is Frank Iero, and my best friend was Gerard Way. Gerard was one year older than me, and he was going to college at the end of The Last Summer, as I like to call it. The Last Summer: the summer before I turned 18, the Summer after Gerard turned 19. The summer before he went to college, the summer before my senior year in high school. The Summer before everything fell apart. But before I get into The Last Summer and The Worst Two Months of My Life, let me tell you about my last day of junior year.

*********************************

Beep beep beep. I groaned as my alarm went off. Maybe if I just ignored it, it would stop and I could go back to sleep. Beep beep beep. I guess not. I cracked open my eyes to look at the time. 5:30 a.m. Shutting off the alarm, I closed my eyes and threw and arm over my face. This is all Gerard's fault. If he hadn't insisted that we actually go to school today, I would still be asleep. Who wants to go to school on the last day, anyways?

Dragging myself out of bed, I walked to my bathroom. Turning on the shower to its hottest setting, I started to strip myself of my clothes. Fully naked, I looked in the mirror above the sink while it fogged up. My face was staring back. I had hazel eyes with bags underneath them, due to many sleepless nights. My brown hair was getting long and hung in my eyes. My torso had a few stretch marks because I wasn't skinny, even though I definitely wasn't fat. Faint scars ran up and down my arms and thighs, reminding me of a time before I knew Gerard.

Shivering, I turned away from the mirror and pulled back the curtain, stepping into the shower. I sighed as I felt the pounding water massage my tense-from-school back. I stood like that for a couple of minutes before tipping back my head and wetting my hair. After using shampoo and conditioner, I turned off the shower. Grabbing two towels, I wrapped one around my waist, and the other I used to dry off my hair.

Pulling on boxers and semi-clean jeans, I pulled out my "summer" shirts. Also known as "Shirts Not Allowed in School" but what could they do to me on the last day of school? Suspend me for the last two hours? I chose a white one that I had written "Fuck the Police" on and pulled it over my head. After putting on shoes and giving myself a once over in the mirror, I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs to wait for Gerard.

When I went downstairs, no one was there. Figures. My mom had work early, my dad goes out, gets drunk, and doesn't come home, and I'm an only child. So, I decided to sit on the couch and read comics until Gerard got there.

I was so absorbed into my comic, that I almost didn't notice Gerard honking his horn, letting me know he was there. Stuffing the comic into my bag, I left the house and locked the door behind me, heading to Gerard's car.

When I opened the door of the Subaru and threw my bag inside, I heard Gerard giggle.

"Seriously, Frankie, you're the only person I know who brings a backpack on the last day of school!"

I scowled and glared at him, "I'm not bringing it inside! You're going to drop me off at the park after school."

"Oh. Are your parents still fighting, is that why you don't want to go home?"

I nodded and looked out the window, watching the hills roll by. This was a touchy subject for me.

"Hmm... Why don't you come over to my house instead of the park! We can play video games with Mikey!"

I sighed, "Gerard, Mikey hates me. He doesn't want to be in the same room as me, let alone play video games with me!"

When I looked over at him, he had a thoughtful look on his face. I took the time to take in what he was wearing. His black jeans were stained with red and purple paint and he was wearing his favorite Black Flag shirt. His dyed black shoulder length hair was a mess, suggesting that he hasn't brushed or washed it today. Eyeliner was smudged around his eyes. He was a mess, but to me he was the best thing I had ever seen.

"Mikey doesn't hate you, Frank. He just doesn't like you as much as I do. You guys could bond over video games today!"

I sighed and agreed even though I knew he was wrong. Gerard had been hoping that his two best friends, me and Mikey, would bond over something for two years and it has never happened. I could still remember the day that Mikey cornered me like it was yesterday...

~Flashback~

Gerard left the room to get some snacks to go with the movie, and I was left alone with Mikey. I glanced at him through my eyelashes and saw him staring coldly at the wall, so I looked down and messed with the hem of my shirt. After a few minutes, I stood up.

"I guess I'll go help Gerard." I mumbled, walking slowly to the door. I was almost there when something hit me in the back, and I stumbled into the wall. When I turned around, I saw Mikey striding towards me. He put each hand on the wall by my head and leaned closer.

"Listen, freak," he whispered, his breath hit in my face. "I don't want you here. And neither does Gerard. He might think he likes you, but he'll realize what a stupid faggot you are soon. And when he does, I'll be happy. I can't wait until the day your gone, Frank. I hate you." Mikey pushed away from the wall and sat back on the couch.

Stunned, I stayed pressed against the wall. Gerard came back into the room.

"Hey, Mikes." He said, and put the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table. He glanced back at me and frowned, "Frank, what are you doing?"

"N-nothing," I spit out. Gerard shrugged and sat next to Mikey.

While I was walking over to the couch, Mikey glared at me. Gerard pressed play when I sat down, and as the movie started, Mikey put his head on Gerard's shoulder.

~End Flashback~

When Gerard pulled up to the school, I was shaken out of my memories. Getting out of the car, I had to squint because of the sun. Using my hand to shield my eyes, I looked at the school. It was a stereotypical school building, two stories high and an ugly gray-brown color. It had stairs leading up to the giant double doors leading inside, with a huge sign above it that read, "Belleville High School". The high school from hell.

Gerard threw his arm around my shoulders and said, "The last day of prison, Frankie!"

I glanced up at him and saw the huge grin in his face. I smiled at him and said, "Only for you! I still have another year of being bored as shit while you have tons of fun at fancy art school!" I fake pouted at him. Or at least I pretended it was fake.

"Oh, don't worry, Frank! You'll get through senior year with flying colors! And if you're worried about me leaving, it's not like I won't talk to you! You're my best friend, Frank, I would never abandon you."

*******************

And that was the first time Gerard lied to me. I was just stupid enough to believe it.

~End Chapter 1~
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys... You're all amazing and perfect &lt;3 comment if you want to, I'd really appreciate it c: