Status: Active

If Jealousy Could Kill

Chapter 12: First Date

“The night sky is really beautiful, isn’t it?” Haruna looked over at Tomomi, the younger brunette laying on her back, an arm draped over her stomach while the other one laid by her side. Her eyes were gazing straight up at the starless night sky. One of the downsides to living in such a large city was that you never really got to see the stars; the city lights would always be shining too brightly to ever see them.

Haruna let her gaze follow Tomomi’s and even with the fact the stars weren’t shining through, she had to agree with Tomomi that the night sky was awfully beautiful. Haruna rolled over onto her side, reaching out one of her hands and grabbing the hand that lay by Tomomi’s side.

“But not as beautiful as you are,” Haruna said. She saw Tomomi look down at her, a small smile on the younger girl’s face. Tomomi laughed softly, pushing herself onto her side as well. She broke her hand away from Haruna before wrapping her arms around the older girl’s waist, pulling them close together.

Haruna squirmed a bit in Tomomi’s arms, a weird feeling sinking into her. Letting her hold her like this in private was one thing, but it made her a bit uncomfortable for it to be done in public. She just hated the idea of someone seeing her as a weak person; she was always so concerned with keeping her guard up. But it didn’t take too long for the older brunette to settle down, the safe and secure feeling washing into her body as she leaned herself against her girlfriend. She did feel safe with Tomomi.

“That was really cheesy, Haru,” Tomomi murmured with a soft laugh, stroking the back of Haruna’s head. Haruna let her eyes flutter shut, her head falling against Tomomi’s chest. Tomomi felt so warm and soft, Haruna had come to really love being held in her arms like this.

“I’m trying to be romantic here, stop ruining it for me,” Haruna defended. Tomomi giggled, kissing the top of Haruna’s head and apologizing to her in a whispered tone. Tomomi was still getting used to holding Haruna like this. It was just so different from the way Haruna usually acted. She never thought that the dominant and outgoing girl would ever let someone hold her like this, but she liked it. She liked seeing the softer and shyer side of Haruna.

The two of the girls were nestled together on the soft grass of one of the many parks in Tokyo. Haruna knew this park, and she was surprised when Tomomi knew it as well. Tomomi just seemed like she was too naïve to know of this place.

It was a pretty popular place for couples to come and just relax. It wasn’t in the center of the city, so it was more relaxing than most other places. There were fewer cars and less people. The buildings weren’t as tall and didn’t feel like the buildings were caving in on them. Overall, it was just a relaxing and romantic place to be and on so many nights, the park would be filled with couples who were lounging around the park, cuddling and spending time together.

“Ne, Haruna…” Tomomi began. Haruna glanced up as Tomomi looked down at her. She stifled a laugh at the way Haruna looked. When she had that curious look on her face, she almost resembled a rabbit. “You know, you’re really cute when you do that,” Tomomi said, finally letting her laugh free. She saw Haruna frown, but she could see the amusement sparkling in the older girl’s eyes.

“That’s not what you were going to say,” Haruna pointed out. Tomomi laughed again, giving her a gentle kiss. She was right though, that hadn’t been what Tomomi was planning to talk to her about. But when she saw the cute look on Haruna’s face, she couldn’t bring up the subject. She had wanted to ask Haruna about Rina and ask if she was okay, the event at the house had really shaken Tomomi. But maybe tonight wasn’t the best time; she didn’t want to bring Haruna’s mood down.

But the thoughts stayed in the back of her mind, the memories from earlier playing through her mind again. She didn’t even know what had set Rina off or that the sweet girl was capable of something like that. It had caught her completely off guard; she had never seen the young girl do anything close to that.

After she’d told Rina her last words about loving Haruna, she looked away from her for a split second. The next thing she knew, Rina had grabbed the knife, slamming it down onto the extra material of Tomomi’s turquois sweater, pinning her to the counter by that material.

But the weirdest part hadn’t been Rina’s actions, it had been her words. Rina seemed like she was spacing off and like she wasn’t even paying attention to Tomomi, but her words seemed directed at her despite all that. She remembered the dark way Rina had told Tomomi to stay away from “her”. Tomomi could only assume that Rina had meant Haruna, she didn’t know who else the brunette could have meant. But it still didn’t make sense. She had never done anything bad to Haruna so she didn’t see why Rina would act like that.

Maybe she shouldn’t worry about it though. After all, Haruna didn’t seem worried about Rina. If Haruna wasn’t worried, why should she be? Surely if there was something wrong with Rina, Haruna would be the first one to notice. The two of them were practically inseparable; they probably could always tell when the other was upset.

Tomomi didn’t have much more time to ponder her thoughts before she felt a tongue run up the side of her neck, causing a shiver to run through her body. Her head snapped down to look at the smiling girl in her arms.

“Did you just lick me?” Tomomi asked her. Haruna was biting down on her lip, clearly trying to stop herself from laughing. She nodded her head in response to Tomomi’s question. “What did you do that for?” Tomomi squeaked out in surprise.

“You were spacing out and I had to get your attention back somehow,” Haruna explained, a few giggles escaping her as she tried to do so. Tomomi blew out a huff of air, squeezing Haruna tightly and earning herself a soft yelp from the girl.

“So that was your brilliant plan? To lick me?” Tomomi asked her.

“It was better than the other things I was thinking of doing,” Haruna mentioned casually. Tomomi wanted to ask what other things Haruna had been thinking of doing but this was Haruna she was holding. When she thought of it that way, she suddenly didn’t want to ask that question because she wasn’t sure of how she’d feel about the possible answers that could come out of Haruna’s mouth.

“It’s not polite to lick people,” Tomomi scolded.

“It is when it’s your girlfriend,” Haruna countered, her familiar smirk returning to its place on her face. Tomomi sighed heavily, shaking her head as Haruna just laughed.

“You really have no shame, do you?” Tomomi asked her, returning to gently running her hands through Haruna’s long locks. Haruna tried to cuddle closer to Tomomi, but Tomomi was fairly certain it wasn’t possible for the older girl to get any closer to her. That certainly didn’t stop her from trying though. Nestling her head against Tomomi’s chest, Haruna smiled.

“Oh don’t act like you didn’t like it,” Haruna murmured, her voice laced with confidence. Tomomi didn’t exactly know how to respond to that. She could keep teasing Haruna, but she was also certain that Haruna would have some kind of comment to counter everything she did say. Oddly enough, Haruna was right. Tomomi hadn’t minded her bold action and, in a way, she actually kind of liked it, but she wasn’t going to tell Haruna that. She wasn’t ready to give her that sense of satisfaction yet. It was still too early in the night for that; Tomomi knew that Haruna was only just beginning.

The girls had let silence take over them, their bodies relaxed against each other as they simply enjoyed being in each other’s’ arms. Tomomi could feel a cold wind blow over the couple before she felt Haruna shiver in her arms. It was getting colder out; it was probably time for her to take Haruna home.

“Haruna, are you cold? Do you want to go home?” Hearing her girlfriend’s words, Haruna looked up before she shook her head. She didn’t want tonight to end so soon. It had been so long since she’d been on a date like this one, one where she felt so comfortable and cared for. She didn’t want that to end.

“We haven’t been out for that long.” Tomomi laughed softly, giving her a kiss.

“Going home doesn’t mean I have to leave, I could always stay if you want me to.” Tomomi could see the way Haruna’s eyes lit up at her suggestion. She seemed really happy about it.

“I’d like that,” Haruna said softly. Tomomi smiled at her, giving her another tight squeeze before following it up with another kiss.

“Then I guess we should get home, huh?”

***

Tomomi and Haruna crept slowly into the house, making extra sure not to make too much noise as they did so. They didn’t know if Rina was asleep or awake but if she was asleep, then neither girl wanted to wake her up. It was better for them to play it safe and make their movements quiet.

Once the girls had removed their shoes, Haruna laced her hand together with Tomomi’s, pulling the younger brunette towards the living room. Haruna peered around the corner of the living room only to be met with near complete darkness. The only light that Haruna could see was a dim one in the hallway, one that Haruna could only assume was coming from Rina’s room. It made Haruna a little disappointed. If Mami wasn’t in the living room, then maybe she had never made it over like Haruna asked? She knew to expect that since Mami did say she was busy, but she’d been hoping that Mami could come over to keep an eye on Rina for her.

Seeing as there was no one in the living room, Haruna gave Tomomi another tug and began leading them through the living room. She could feel her younger girlfriend squeezing her hand tightly as the two of them walked through the almost pitch black living room. It was so dark that Haruna didn’t even notice the end table before she crashed into it, her foot hitting one of its legs hard while the pointed edge dug into one of her legs.

Haruna cursed under her breath, her hand quickly breaking away from Tomomi’s as she doubled over in pain, one of her hands gripping the edge of that damned end table tightly.

“A-are you okay?” Tomomi asked quickly, rushing over to Haruna’s side. The younger girl placed a small hand on her girlfriend’s back, beginning to rub her hand up and down slowly. Haruna bit down on her lip before pushing herself up back into a standing position.

“I’m fine, probably just going to get a little bruise,” Haruna said reassuringly. Tomomi sighed in relief, kissing Haruna on the cheek.

“Don’t scare me like that,” she scolded.

“It was just a table, Timo.”

“But it’s pitch dark in here, how was I supposed to know that?” she defended. Haruna laughed softly, the pain beginning to disappear from her mind. Tomomi’s antics were really helping taking her mind off of that. She laced her hand with Tomomi’s again, beginning to pull her down the hallway.

As the girls got closer to Haruna’s room, the older brunette could see that the light they’d seen in the living room was indeed coming from Rina’s room. It made her wonder if the young girl was still awake or if she’d fallen asleep without turning off the light.

“You stay here, I need to go check on Rina,” Haruna told Tomomi once they’d gotten to Haruna’s room. Tomomi only nodded to Haruna before she watched her girlfriend turn on her heels, walking out of the room.

Haruna made her way quickly down the hallway, approaching the room where the light was leaking out. She placed her hand on the doorknob, pulling open the door slowly before she poked her head inside. Her eyes scanned the room for any signs of Rina until she saw Rina curled up on the bed and sound asleep. But that wasn’t the most interesting part about what Haruna had seen. Not only was Rina curled up on the bed, but she was curled up next to Mami, Rina’s arms wrapped tightly around the blonde’s waist.

Mami was lying next to Rina, fast asleep with an arm draped over the girl’s waist while the other laid motionless by her side. When she came in here, seeing those two cuddled together was about the last thing she expected to see.

Smiling to herself, Haruna walked quietly into the room and over to the bed where the two friends laid. She grabbed the edge of the comforter, bringing it up and over the sleeping girls. Haruna leaned down, giving Rina a small kiss on the top of the head. But as she did that, Haruna’s smile disappeared from her face, forming into a frown as she saw the makeup streaks along Rina’s face.

She’d been crying and from the looks of it, she’d been crying pretty heavily. That was probably why Mami was in here right now. She was probably in here to help try and make Rina feel better. Haruna sighed softly, laying a hand down on Rina’s waist.

“Why won’t you just talk to me?” she murmured softly. She knew this was how Rina worked, but that didn’t mean she had to like it. Haruna would like to say that she and Rina never hid anything from each other – and many times that is what she would say – but the truth was that they did. She knew Rina didn’t mean to though. Ever since she could remember, Rina had always bottled things up. She’d always try to conceal her negative emotions and try to be that person that everyone could run to when they needed help. Most of the time, her emotions would eventually just come out in crying.

Haruna could remember many times over the years when she would hold Rina tightly, rubbing her back gently as she cried. She’d done it so many times that she had lost count but she never minded it; she would always be there for Rina whenever the young girl needed it.

Pushing the thoughts from her mind, Haruna left Rina’s room, leaving the two girls to sleep. She could get to the bottom of this in the morning. She had her ways of making both Rina and Mami talk.

Haruna closed the door quietly behind her, padding down the hallway back to her own room. As she entered the room, she could see Tomomi had moved over near her desk, her small hands pushing aside things on the desk as her eyes scanned everything she was looking at.

“Ever heard of privacy?” Haruna smirked when she saw Tomomi jump from the sudden voice before she whipped around, resembling a deer in headlights.

“I-I wasn’t looking at anything!” Tomomi tried to defend. Haruna only laughed at her girlfriend’s defense, she really was a horrible liar. She walked into the room, pushing the door closed behind her. Tomomi stood still as she watched Haruna approach her, her hand reaching out and grabbing one of Tomomi’s own.

Haruna led Tomomi over to the middle of the room, that familiar smirk never leaving the older girl’s face. Tomomi was so lost in Haruna’s eyes that she didn’t notice the older girl wrapping her arms around Tomomi’s waist until Tomomi found herself being pushed down onto the bed, her girlfriend crawling on top of her.

“What are you doing?” she asked softly. She didn’t hear a response from Haruna as she felt her girlfriend grab her wrists, dragging her arms up and pinning them on either side of her head. How did she keep finding herself in this spot? She seemed to be getting pinned to a lot of things these days.

“Someone needs to be taught a lesson about snooping,” Haruna said. “It’s not nice to go through people’s things.”

“I was not snooping, I was observing.” Haruna raised an eyebrow at the comment Tomomi had made; that was an interesting way to defend yourself. But it didn’t matter. The older brunette leaned down, placing a small kiss on Tomomi’s neck before she ran her tongue along the younger girl’s neck. She could feel Tomomi’s body shudder beneath her and it only encouraged her.

“So you do like that, huh?” Haruna asked. When she didn’t receive a response from Tomomi, the older girl placed a few small kisses on Tomomi’s neck before she bit down hard, sinking her teeth into the girl’s skin and causing her to yelp in surprise.

“Why did you just bite me?!” she shrieked from beneath the girl she was pinned under.

“You didn’t respond to me,” Haruna said, doing her best to use a scolding tone with Tomomi. But her tone hadn’t come out like that. If anything, it had come out sounding more amused. “You should always respond to your girlfriend.”

Haruna pushed herself back up into a sitting position but she kept her hands on Tomomi’s wrists, keeping them pinned to the bed the girl’s entire body was pinned to. Tomomi looked up helplessly as Haruna smiled sweetly down at her. She knew Haruna was thinking of what to do next, this was her chance to take control of the situation.

“So how is your foot?” Tomomi asked. Haruna tried to stop the laugh that wanted to come out, but she didn’t do so well as the laugh sputtered out, the older girl shaking her head. Tomomi really had a knack for ruining the romantic setting.

“It still hurts a bit,” Haruna admitted. She watched as Tomomi’s smile turned into a frown.

“Let me see?” Haruna sighed softly but agreed. She rolled off of Tomomi, going to lie on the bed next to her. The younger girl pushed herself up into a sitting position, crawling down to where Haruna’s feet were at. She knew it was more than ‘a little bit’ as Haruna claimed when she could see the small red dots on Haruna’s socks.

She reached out, quickly pulling off the sock and gasping when she saw that Haruna’s toe was bleeding. When Haruna heard Tomomi’s gasp, she pushed herself up, letting herself be supporting by her arms. Her nose scrunched up when she saw her bleeding toe.

“Ew,” she said simply. Tomomi’s head whipped around to look back at Haruna.

“Ew? That’s all you have to say? You’re bleeding!” Tomomi protested against Haruna’s simple answer. The older girl shrugged as she fell back onto the bed, her hands now resting behind her head.

“It’s not that bleeding that bad, it’ll stop by the morning. Now come here,” she said. She moved her arms away from her head, stretching them out and beckoning for Tomomi to crawl into her arms. But the younger brunette resisted.

“Let me fix your foot first,” she said. Haruna let her arms drop down onto the bed, a dejected sigh leaving her lips.

“Why?”

“Because you’re bleeding!”

“You know if you keep yelling like that, you’re going to wake up Mami and Rina,” Haruna pointed out. She watched as Tomomi’s movements stopped, a confused look coming onto her face.

“Mami is here?”

“Hm? Oh yeah, I didn’t tell you that, did I? I sent her a message and asked her to come over to check on Rina for me.” Haruna could see the worry come to Tomomi’s face, but she also saw how the younger girl quickly tried to mask that and go back to her usual happy self. “You alright there, Timo?”

“I’m fine! No worries, now let’s get your foot fixed.”

Haruna wasn’t given a chance to respond before Tomomi hopped off the bed hurrying out of the bedroom. Tomomi had felt the worry wash over her when Haruna had said she wanted Mami to check up on Rina. If she had wanted that, then it must mean she was worried about Rina. The only thing Tomomi could think of was Rina’s outburst from earlier.

Tomomi had told herself not to worry if Haruna wasn’t worrying. But now if Haruna was worrying, that didn’t give Tomomi very much reassurance. If she was worrying then that meant that Haruna thought there was something wrong with Rina and that scared Tomomi. What if Rina would snap on her again?

Tomomi shook her head hard, doing her best to put that senseless worry out of her head. She was just overthinking it; she tended to overthink a lot of things. Haruna worrying about Rina couldn’t possibly mean that much.

She let out a small sigh, gathering up all of the items into her hands and making her way back to the bedroom. When she got back, she found that Haruna hadn’t moved from where she had been laying. About the only difference was she was now playing a game on her phone while she waited.

Haruna had heard the footsteps and she looked away from her phone, smiling when she saw Tomomi come back in. She locked her phone, tossing it aside as Tomomi crawled up on the bed next to her. The younger girl dumped the items onto the bed but sat the small glass of water she’d brought back onto the table. Tomomi grabbed the washcloth, dabbing it into the water before wrapping it around Haruna’s injured toe, squeezing tightly. The older brunette winced from what she’d done.

“Is all of this really necessary?” Haruna asked.

“Yes,” Tomomi replied simply without ever having looked at her. Haruna smiled at the way Tomomi worked so diligently to treat her small injury. She was so caring about something so little. There were just these little quirks about Tomomi that Haruna was beginning to notice, and she found herself liking them all.

It didn’t take long for Tomomi to finish up. Once she had wrapped Haruna’s injury in a small bandage she grabbed the items, moving them off the bed and going to set them onto Haruna’s desk.

“Will you come here now?” She heard Haruna say, keeping up with the bossy tone she had used earlier. Tomomi whirled around, making her way back over to the bed and crawling up next to Haruna again.

“You could be a bit more thankful,” Tomomi teased. She laid down next to Haruna, wrapping her arms around the older girl and pulling the two of them close together. Haruna leaned her head against Tomomi’s body, snuggling as close as she could get.

“Thank you,” she murmured softly, her head dropping against Tomomi’s chest. The brunette smiled, reaching up and slowly raking her fingers through Haruna’s hair.

Haruna let her eyes flutter shut, feeling herself begin to drift off into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's some HaruxTomo scenes for you.
Be happy. ;3