Status: Active

If Jealousy Could Kill

Chapter 15: First Encounters

“Miyuki, you made it!” Rina said happily when she saw that Miyuki was the one at the door. The black haired woman in front of her smiled at her, giving her a quick hug. Rina was a bit caught off guard by the hug but she hesitantly wrapped her arms around Miyuki, returning the hug she’d been given. Miyuki pulled away from her, giving her a sweet smile.

“Let’s go meet that girl, shall we?” she asked. Rina laughed softly, lacing their hands together and pulling her towards the living room. Rina was getting the nervous feeling back in her body. At first, when Miyuki had first suggested it, Rina was really happy to hear her suggest it. But now that the time had come to introduce Miyuki and Haruna, Rina was beginning to second guess herself.

What if they couldn’t pull it off? What if Haruna never got jealous? What if their plan completely failed? She was going through the worst scenarios in her head after all but she couldn’t help it. She wanted this plan to go off perfectly and she wanted to get her Haruna back as soon as she could. Rina couldn’t afford any failures with this.

But nevertheless, Rina pushed forward with her plan. She led Miyuki the small distance to the living room, pulling her over to the couch where the others were seated. As usual, Mami was seated on the floor, her hands messing with the remote control that Tomomi had somehow broken. On the couch, Tomomi and Haruna sat together, Haruna’s arms wrapped tightly around Tomomi as she laid she head gently on her girlfriend’s shoulder.

“Guys, I have someone I want you to meet,” Rina said in a small voice. The three girls looked over at her, Mami’s eyes lighting up when she saw Miyuki with Rina. She hadn’t heard or seen all of their date, but she knew they had to have had a good time from what she could see. Seeing Miyuki standing here only confirmed that with her.

“Who is she?” Haruna asked. At Haruna’s question, Rina could feel Miyuki break her hand away from their grip, instead going to wrapping her arm around Rina’s waist. She pulled Rina closer to her and the young brunette could see the way Haruna glared at Miyuki.

“This is Miyuki,” Rina introduced the girl wrapped around her now. She giggled when she felt Miyuki lay her head down on her shoulder, the girl’s black hair mixing with her own brunette locks.

“It’s nice to meet you…” Miyuki’s sentence trailed off as she realized she didn’t actually know which was which. Rina quickly caught onto why Miyuki had suddenly stopped her sentence.

“Oh, that’s right! Miyuki, the one sitting up is Tomomi and the other one is Haruna.” Miyuki could hear the tone of Rina’s voice when she had said Haruna’s name, she got the young brunette’s hint right away. So that was the girl Rina was so head over heels in love with.

“How do you know her exactly?” Haruna continued to question after the introductions. Haruna didn’t like just anyone touching Rina. She knew Rina didn’t have the best judgment in people so Haruna always liked to get to know the people that Rina would bring home. Rina just simply trusted people too easily.

“Mami introduced us,” Rina explained, giving Haruna a bright smile. Haruna’s expression softened, her eyes going to look down at the smiling blonde girl on the floor.

“I knew you two would like each other,” Mami pointed out. She sounded really proud of herself and she probably was. This is why Rina would never let Mami in on her plan; she didn’t want to hurt the girl’s pride by letting her know that Miyuki and she never did hit off like Mami had wanted.

“Who couldn’t like Rina? She’s so sweet and adorable,” Miyuki cooed to the brunette. She nuzzled her neck against Rina’s, a small blush coming onto the brunette’s face. Miyuki was doing really good at this. If she kept this up, Rina knew she could have Haruna boiling with jealousy in no time.

“She’s also very fragile,” Haruna mentioned. Rina could hear the low and threatening tone in her voice. The brunette giggled at the tone she was using. She was already getting so protective over Rina.

“Haru, you’re my roommate, not my mother,” Rina informed her. Haruna blew out a puff of air, feeling Tomomi tighten her grip on her.

“She’s right, you know. Our little Rina’s old enough to make her own decisions about her dates and Miyuki here seems nice enough,” Tomomi said. Haruna glanced up at Tomomi, her girlfriend smiling down at her softly. Tomomi did have a point and it was Mami who had set the two girls up. She knew Mami would never set Rina up with someone if she thought there was a chance of them hurting the poor girl.

“Fine, you both win,” Haruna admitted in defeat. She would cut Miyuki some slack for now. Tomomi laughed softly, giving Haruna a small kiss. Rina could feel Miyuki’s grip tighten on her when they’d seen the kiss.

“Rina, can I talk to you alone for a second?” Miyuki asked her.

“Sure,” Rina said, thinking nothing of the question. Miyuki dropped her arms from Rina’s waist, lacing their hands together and pulling her into the kitchen. Once there, Miyuki let go of Rina again before twirling around to face her.

“You failed to mention she has a girlfriend,” Miyuki informed Rina. The brunette bit down on her lip at the angered tone Miyuki seemed to be using now. All of this had been going so well and Rina didn’t want that to end now.

“I thought that went without saying…” Rina murmured.

“No, no it didn’t. Rina, you’re asking me to break up a couple. I’m not sure if I can do that.” Rina let her eyes dart to the ground, her hands clasping themselves together and her manicured nails digging into her skin again.

“You were going to help me get Haruna back before, what’s the difference now?”

“She has a girlfriend,” Miyuki hissed out to Rina lowly, “Do you even hear what you’re saying right now? You want me to help you break up a couple for you. Don’t you see what is wrong with that?”

“Those two don’t belong together!” Rina said quickly, ending Miyuki’s sentence abruptly. Rina had tried to hide the desperation in her voice, but she hadn’t done very well. She knew Miyuki could hear it as clearly as she could.

“What do you mean?”

“Tomomi is a nice girl, but she’s not right for Haruna. Haruna could never be truly happy with her. I know it sounds bad but please, Miyuki, help me. Things will be better for everyone when those two aren’t together anymore, they’ll both be a lot happier. We can all go back to how we used to be. Tomomi and Haruna are meant to be friends and that’s it.”

Miyuki didn’t quite know what to say to Rina. She had been happy to help Rina before, but she thought that this girl was just as single as Rina was. It was a completely different story now that she knew this woman had a girlfriend. This all was now on a completely different level than Miyuki had first thought. Miyuki wanted to help Rina, she was such a sweet girl and she seemed to be so in love with Haruna. She could hear the desperate and pleading tone that Rina had used. But… To break up a couple like this? There just seemed to be something very wrong with that.

“Please, Miyuki. I need Haruna back, I can’t live without her. I can’t stand to see those two like that and I know Haruna loves me. Just help me; I can’t do this on my own.”

Miyuki sighed softly, her head hanging. What to do…? Rina was getting underneath her skin. The pleading tone and the tears shining in the young girl’s eyes were making it very hard for Miyuki to tell her no. It didn’t feel right to break up a couple, but it also didn’t feel right to leave a girl like Rina in a state like this.

“All right, I’ll keep helping you,” Miyuki said finally. She could see the way Rina perked up, a sparkle coming to her eyes. “We’ll get Haruna back for you.”

“Thank you, Miyuki!” Rina said happily, wrapping her arms around Miyuki in a tight hug. Miyuki laughed softly, giving Rina a tight squeeze back. The two girls separated, lacing their hands together before Rina led them back out to the living room.

Back in the living room, Miyuki helped Rina down to the floor, the two girls leaning themselves against the couch in a similar fashion to how Mami was sitting. Miyuki wrapped her arms around Rina’s waist, pulling the two girls as close as they could get. Every so often, Miyuki would place a small kiss on Rina’s cheek, the brunette giggling or smiling when she did so.

From behind them, sitting on the couch, Haruna would glare at Miyuki every so often. Even if Miyuki was a friend of Mami’s, Haruna still didn’t like her. Miyuki was familiar to her. She was familiar in a way that Haruna could almost see herself in this girl. The way she was constantly all over Rina was something Haruna would do to her dates, and she certainly didn’t like the idea of that. Haruna didn’t like Miyuki for the fact she and Haruna were so similar. The eldest brunette knew what girls like her did, and she knew someone as sensitive as Rina was would only get hurt from this.

Haruna knew she was just being overprotective but she couldn’t help it. She’d seen Rina get hurt so easily by trusting the wrong people and she didn’t want to see Rina go through that again. She knew Rina was a smart girl, but she didn’t have the best judgment. She trusted people far too easily. Haruna only wanted to make sure that Rina was being properly cared for, and she didn’t know if this Miyuki woman would be capable of that.

“What are you thinking about, Haru?” Tomomi murmured softly to the brunette. Tomomi had said it in such a soft and low tone that both girls knew the three distracted people on the floor wouldn’t be able to hear them clearly. Haruna moved her head up, Tomomi giving her a gentle kiss as she did that.

“It’s nothing,” Haruna said, mimicking the tone that Tomomi had used. Tomomi knew that that was a lie, but she decided not to push Haruna anymore. Haruna would tell her what was wrong on her own time. She tightened her grip on Haruna, beginning to rub the older girl’s arms gently. Haruna snuggled closer to her, nuzzling her head against the younger brunette.

“Everything will be fine,” Tomomi whispered to her.

***

“I’ll see you tomorrow, right, Rina?” Miyuki asked. Rina nodded, leaning her head down against Miyuki’s chest as the older girl cuddled them close together. Rina could feel Haruna staring at them and the thought of that brought a smile onto Rina’s face. It seemed like Haruna was already beginning to feel a little jealous, she had seen the way Haruna kept looking at Miyuki.

This might be easier than she thought it would be.

“Of course you will,” Rina replied. She felt one of Miyuki’s hands leave her waist, trailing up her body and lifting her head. The two girls’ eyes connected, a smile on Miyuki’s face. She had spent all day clinging to Rina whenever Haruna was around and now that it was late and time to leave, it was time to take it a small step forward. She just hoped Rina wouldn’t mind this.

Miyuki leaned forward, giving Rina a soft kiss. The young brunette was taken aback by it at first; unsure of how to react with what Miyuki was doing. But knowing that Haruna was watching them, Rina leaned into the kiss, holding Miyuki tightly. Miyuki pulled away from Rina, giving her a smile that told Rina everything.

“Goodbye, Rina,” Miyuki said as the two girls parted. She gave Rina another kiss on the cheek before waving to Haruna who reluctantly waved back at her.

Once Miyuki had left, Rina closed and locked the door, twirling around and bounding back over to the couch. She sat down next to Haruna, turning to the older girl.

“Did you like Miyuki?” Rina asked, her tone sounding hopeful. She saw Haruna give her a small smile, tossing the remote onto the floor and pushing herself up into a full sitting position.

“You really like this girl, don’t you?” Haruna asked. Rina bit back the urge to tell Haruna the truth and spill everything to her. It was too early. She still had more work to do on Haruna; she had to get even more jealous.

“I do,” Rina responded. She smiled brightly at Haruna, the older girl laughing.

“I’m glad you’ve found someone who makes you happy then, but just make sure you know who this girl really is before you let it get too far. You shouldn’t trust someone if you don’t fully know them.”

“What do you mean?” Rina asked innocently. Haruna just shook her head. She knew Rina wouldn’t understand that, there was so much Rina was just too innocent to understand.

“Just keep yourself safe, okay?” Rina giggled at Haruna’s comment, reaching over and giving her a quick hug.

“Don’t worry, Haru. I know what I’m doing.”