Status: Active

If Jealousy Could Kill

Chapter 3: A Sight Worth Not Seeing

“I’m so tired,” Mami whined as she and Rina were forced to climb the stairs. Normally, they just took the elevator up to the third floor apartment but no, things couldn’t be that easy. The elevator just had to be out of order, forcing the two already tired girls to make the trek up three flights of stairs. Rina ignored her blonde friend’s whining, she had been doing that since the two of them got off the train together. They had decided to meet up at Rina’s work so they could go back to Rina and Haruna’s apartment together. None of them had work or school tomorrow, so the next day was the perfect time for all of them to have a girl’s day to themselves.

“Why couldn’t you two get an apartment on the first floor?” Mami continued to whine as Rina continued to ignore her. The girls eventually made it to the apartment. Rina fished out her keys from her bag, missing the lock a few times before she finally forced the key in. She was way too tired to handle this right now and Mami’s constant whining wasn’t helping. When Mami got tired, she reverted to acting like she was five years old.

As the two girls entered the apartment and walked towards the living room, they both stopped in the door way, stunned at the sight that awaited them. Sitting on the couch, or more like laying, Haruna had Tomomi pinned beneath her, feverishly kissing the younger brunette. It didn’t look like Tomomi could go anywhere even if she tried, not that she actually wanted to escape from Haruna’s grasp. Mami let out a heavy sigh at the scene in front of them. Unfortunately for the two girls, this was too common of sight. They’d often come home to find Haruna shoving her tongue down someone’s throat. She didn’t really seem to understand the concept of privacy or get a room no matter how many times Rina tried to explain those concepts to her. Mami had always asked how Rina was never bothered by it and Rina always told her she was used to it.

Besides, none of the girls were threats. Haruna didn’t love any of them, they were just innocent fun. Rina was the only one her Haruna would ever truly love. But she’d never tell those words to Mami, it wasn’t the right time. The truth would come out soon enough.

“Haruna! Tomomi!” Mami shouted loudly at the two distracted girls. Tomomi let out a small shriek, shoving Haruna backwards so hard that she fell off the couch, crashing into the coffee table. Rina and Mami burst out laughing, seeing Haruna sprawled out on the floor as she groaned from the impact.

“Jesus Christ, Tomomi,” she groaned, sitting up and rubbing the back of her head. Tomomi sat up, curled up in a corner of the couch and staring at Rina and Mami in horror. How long had they been standing there? Haruna and Tomomi had been too wrapped up in each other to notice.

“Really, Haruna? You’ve known the girl for a week. Could you stop jumping on everyone you see?” Mami commented with a smirk.

“I do not jump on everyone I see!” Haruna defended, “just the cute ones.” Mami rolled her eyes at the statement. Way to defend yourself.

“And what do you have to say for yourself, Tomomi?” she said, turning to the younger brunette.

“I…She…We…. She forced me to!” Tomomi stuttered before shouting. Rina and Mami exchanged glances, shaking their heads. She was such a terrible liar.

“Sure she did,” Mami said skeptically before walking over to the couch, giving Tomomi a small, rough shove to move her over. Rina joined Mami on the couch, sitting next to her and leaving Haruna on the floor.

“I’m fine, thanks for asking though,” Haruna retorted sarcastically, moving over to lean against the side of the couch near Rina. Rina patted Haruna’s head softly.

“Oh, I’m sorry, is my little player okay?” She asked, earning herself a snicker from Mami’s direction. Haruna glared menacingly at Rina. Rina laughed softly at Haruna’s glare, patting Haruna on the head again. Haruna growled softly, punching Rina in the leg lightly before crossing her arms over her chest.

“You’re all so mean to me,” she grumbled with a pout.

“Well maybe if you had a bit more self-control…”

“It was Tomomi’s fault!” Haruna shouted, pointing a finger accusingly at Tomomi.

“What? How was it my fault? I’m not the one who jumped on my friend in the middle of a movie!” Tomomi defended.

“Burn, Haru. She got you good.”

“Be quiet, Mami,” Haruna huffed. Rina giggled, moving herself to the floor and wrapping her arms around Haruna in a big hug.

“I believe you, Haru,” she said. Haruna smiled brightly, wrapping her arms around Rina as well and giving her a tight hug.

“That’s my good, Ri-ri,” Haruna cooed, giving Rina a tight hug back.

“Unbelievable, everyone’s getting affection today but me,” Mami grumbled under her breath. Poor Mami was beginning to feel a bit left out.

“Aw! Come here, Mami!” Tomomi cooed, wrapping her arms around Mami and squeezing her tightly. Mami grunted, gasping for air from Tomomi’s tight hug. She pushed the brunette away, giving her a glare.

“Doesn’t mean I wanted it from you.”

“That’s so mean!” Tomomi shrieked at her friend in her high pitched voice before trying to hug Mami again. The girls continued to playfully bicker with each other for a while longer before Mami was almost asleep on the couch. Seeing Mami so tired, the girls decided it was best for them to go to bed for the night. After helping set up some blankets in the living room for Mami and Tomomi, all of the girls decided it was time to sleep.

***

“Considering its noon already, does someone think we should go wake that lazy bum up?” Mami asked, affectionately referring Haruna. Tomomi and Rina looked at each, knowing exactly what Mami meant.

“If Haruna tries to kill you again, I’m not stopping her,” Rina noted. Haruna never liked being woken up, it was almost akin to waking up a bear in the middle of hibernation. And with the ways Mami was fond of waking up the eldest girl with, she would be in even less of a good mood after being woken up.

“Fine by me, this’ll be fun. Consider it payback for what we had to see last night,” Mami retorted. Tomomi stuck her tongue out at Mami before sipping on her coffee. It wasn’t that bad. Not like it would ever happen again anyway, right? Seeing as no one disagreed with Mami, she grabbed a plastic bowl from the counter, filling it almost to the brim with water.

“Good luck, hope you come back alive!” Rina called after Mami as she left the kitchen. Mami wandered down the hallway, finding Haruna’s room and slowly creeping in. Haruna was still in bed, tangled in her covers with her messy hair covering most of her face.

“Wakey wakey, Haru-chan,” Mami cooed as she walked closer to Haruna. That same Cheshire Cat grin came back to Mami’s face as she lifted the bowl over Haruna, tipping over and pouring the ice cold contents of the bowl right onto Haruna.

“Sasazaki!” Rina and Tomomi’s gazes shifted to the kitchen doorway as they heard the booming yell resonate throughout the small apartment. Yup. Mami was in for it now. As if on cue, Mami came bolting through the kitchen doorway, nearly diving behind Tomomi for protection.

“Save me,” she whispered, wrapping her arms around Tomomi’s waist and clinging tightly to her. Haruna came into the kitchen, a low growl emitting from her throat as her eyes scanned the room for Mami. Both Tomomi and Rina started laughing as they saw Haruna. The soaking went hair stuck to her forehead as the matching soaking wet clothes clung to her body.

“I am going to kill you, Sasazaki,” Haruna growled.

“Well good morning to you to, sunshine,” Rina commented, earning another growl from the angered girl.

“Well you needed to wake up!” Mami said, her voice reaching an octave none of the girls thought was possible for her.

“So your brilliant plan was to dump ice cold water on me?!” Mami could only grin and nod at Haruna’s accusation which really was not helping her case at all. “You’re going to get it!” Haruna yelled, launching herself at Tomomi and Mami. Tomomi shrieked, moving out of the way just in time for Haruna to land on Mami, tackling her to the floor.

“Help me!”

“Told you I wasn’t going to stop her,” Rina said nonchalantly as if her roommate wasn’t trying to choke her friend.

“Rina!” Mami shouted, swatting at Haruna in an attempt to make the girl get off of her.

“Oh fine,” Rina sighed, finally giving in. She grabbed the collar to Haruna’s wet shirt, yanking the elder girl back so she fell on the floor. Haruna looked up at Rina when she found herself on the floor. “You know, if you would wake up at a decent time, Mami would stop pouring water on you.”

“You traitor,” Haruna growled, picking herself up from the floor, “you’re supposed to be on my side!” Rina cocked her head to the side, batting her eyelashes innocently at Haruna.

“But I am, Haru.” Haruna let out a puff of air, turning herself around and leaning against the counter, pushing the wet locks of hair out of her face. Everyone was always against her.

“On the bright side,” Mami started, “it’s a free shower.” Mami let out a soft “eep”, hiding behind Tomomi again as Haruna glared and growled in her direction. If looks could kill, Mami wouldn’t be alive right now. Dumping water on Haruna was still worth it though, Mami regretted nothing.

“Haru, go take a shower, you’ll feel better,” Rina encouraged, patting the still enraged girl on the back. Haruna sighed heavily, shooting one last glare at Mami before walking out of the kitchen, choosing to take Rina’s advice. As soon as the girl was out of hearing distance, Mami spoke up again.

“That was so worth it,” she commented with a laugh. Tomomi looked at her like she’d grown a second head and Rina could only sigh. Mami was far too eager to get herself into trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lazy Haru is lazy.
Kinda a filler chapter just to show more of the relationship between the four girls and how it's beginning to develop.