Status: Drabble.

Forever

001;

She left her car running in the garage as she slipped into the house. She slowly surveyed her small kitchen, mentally checking to make sure she had everything set in order before she left. It had taken awhile to get things the way she wanted, but it was necessary. Everything needed to be just right, and she wouldn't be here to fix them later. And it made things just a bit easier for those who would be staying behind.

She stood in her kitchen for a few more minutes before deciding it was finally time to leave. Rather than going directly to the garage through the side door, she went out the front door. While standing in the kitchen she'd glanced out the window over the sink and noticed that it had started to snow, and she had an overwhelming urge to experience that cold, raw magic one last time.

The snow was light; after all, it was Arkansas. But to her, it was one of the few things that still held its magic after all these years. It was still something that made her heart feel light. After a bit, the snow began to fall harder, and she turned to go inside. It was warm in the garage, kept that way by the car that had been idling inside for nearly thirty minutes. She climbed into her car and drew her knees to her chest, enjoying the warmth and odd comfort of the situation. Her eyes slipped closed, and after several minutes, her head slumped against the window. The sleep that soon washed over her was the best she'd experienced in years, and as she let go completely she smiled, because she knew this sleep would last forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a little drabble I wrote.