Five is the Maximum

A Sudden Death

One, two, the rain is hitting my window. Three, four, I need to repaint my walls. Five, six, I have a math test today. Seven… No, this whole counting until you fall asleep method defiantly isn’t working. I sat up wearily, auburn hair tossed in a messy bun on top of my head. The blanket that I had since I was a child was nearly frozen, I need to get that air vent fixed. It was a Monday morning, 1 AM. Usually it was not the time a normal teenage girl would wake up at, but, I’m not exactly a normal teenage girl. I almost died. I was hit by a car at 7:32 AM exactly, yesterday morning, while doing my regular daily jog around the old school building and half built mall. That was when an old man, who clearly shouldn’t still have his license, rammed up into me from behind. The speed he was going would have sent anyone into an instant death, although for me, I miraculously survived. I laid sprawled out on the ground, bruises tracing up and down my body. Blood dripped down my lower lip and onto my now dirtied white tee, jeans ripped to show my lightly tanned skin. Just like that everything went black, but only for a mere second. I was in pain, although I forced myself up into a sitting position. My emerald green eyes fixated on the car that was now driving off, not even daring to call the ambulance. It took me a while until I found enough energy to stand, and the jolt of pain that zapped its way up my leg only made it worst. Limping my way down the street I found myself at home, fell on my bed, and snuggled in a fetish position in my fluffy green and blue blanket. When I woke up, I was fine. No bruises, aches, scratches, it was as if it was all a dream. Although the blood stain on my shirt told me otherwise. The only thing that I noticed… Was the number one engraved on the palm of my left hand?
♠ ♠ ♠
I will probably continue this, sometime...