Haters Gonna Hate, a Hater's Worst Nightmare

Intro

Justin drove his 1969 Chevelle convertible along with his twin sister, Maru and his four other friends, Christian, Michael, Andrew and Marvin. They’ve only just graduated a few hours ago and instead of going out to party, they decided to go out on a road trip for the summer before they start college in the fall. They all come from wealthy and conservative families.

Their life’s were perfect since they were the most popular kids in school. Justin played quarter back for his high school’s football team while Christian, Michael and Marvin also played for the team. Maru was the head captain of the cheer leading squad.

“Ugh, I hate this song, this music is shit.” Maru shuts off the radio was the song, Bat Country was playing.

“Thank you for doing us all a favor, I can’t stand that crap.” Marvin put on a disgusting look on his face.

“You said it.” Michael agreed.

After minutes of talking how shit the music was, everyone turned quiet as Justin continued driving in the middle of nowhere. Maru stared into the horizon up ahead as the sun was setting. There was nothing but dirt and cactuses surrounding them.

Pretty soon, it started to get dark. They boys have fallen asleep while Justin kept his eyes on the road and his twin sister fought to stay awake. It was only a matter of time when she shut her eyes for just a second until she felt something slap her face.

She opened her eyes to see what it was and saw a few bats flying by. Where did they come from? She thought.

“What the?” Marvin woke up alarmed, waking up Andrew, Michael and Christian.

“Afraid of bats? Andrew asked with a smirk.

“Huh? Uh.. no .. pft, of course not.” Marvin acted neutral, trying to hide the fact he feared bats, feared that they might attack him and give him some sort of rabies.

“Guys we have bad news, we’re running out of gas and it’s too foggy to see anything around here.” Justin pointed out.

Up ahead there was nothing but fog, it seemed like the road had disappeared out of nowhere. There was no sign of dirt or cactuses or rocks or even at least some sort of shelter.

The car has come to a sudden stop as they ran out of gas completely. “fuck, now what the hell are we supposed to do now?” Justin hit the steering wheel in frustration.

“Guys look, I think we could go ahead and ask for help here.” Michael pointed out.

The fog has cleared, revealing that they were in a city. The place seemed empty and abandoned like a ghost town with no one in sight. Right by the car there was a sigh that read welcome to Bat Country. “Alright guys how about we go find someone and see if they could help us find gas. If you guys are hungry or just want somewhere to stay in then you may do so now but remember to meet here tomorrow by dawn, got it?” Justin asks.

“Yeah, got it.” Christian nodded.

Maru and the boys got out the car and stared at the town in front of them. The boys had gone into different directions while Maru stayed behind with her brother. She has felt strange cold shivers crawling up her spine, she had a feeling something bizarre was going on in the town. Something didn’t felt right. She didn’t know what it was but she’s going to find out what it is.

Did they just meet their destiny? Or did they just meet their one way ticket to hell?