Status: Active!

Haunted Memories

Disbelief

I felt a hand on my back and knew it was Laxus telling me we need to move on. I breathe deeply, letting the fresh air calm my raging emotions before pulling myself together and stooping down to the ground. I dig the earth up, making a hole and placing the bones inside it before patting the earth back over top.

“May your soul be safe and sound,” I whisper, staring up at the blue sky. I stand up not long after and brush myself off as I move back over to Laxus’ side and clasp my hands together.

“Let’s make them repent,” I said, feeling stiller now then I had been previously.
Image

“…I think we’re lost…” I finally mumble, blushing slightly in frustration, we had been walking around for a good hour now and I still couldn’t recognize anything.

“Of course,” Laxus responds, rolling his eyes at me as he gives a playful smirk.

I notice that it’s quiet, too quiet. The townspeople where probably holed up in their homes, hiding from the demonic monster. I could, at the very least, feel eyes on us, but I had the feeling this was as close to anyone we were going to get unless we started door knocking or something.

I scuff my shoe into the dirt and glance around, I don’t like this feeling and it seems Laxus doesn’t either.

"I'm sure they know we're here," he said, not having a clue where to go himself. "Usually the village chief would be around to welcome us... or at least point us in the right direction... Why don't we knock on this door here and ask?"

I nod my head slowly, knowing he would have had that thought from the start. I watch him approach the closest house and assess the surrounds before tugging him back.

“Wait,” I pipe up, glancing at the neighbouring house, “that one, it’s familiar to me, I think…” my voice trails off and I bit my bottom lip, unsure of why it seemed familiar. Laxus changed his direction and made his way up to the door, giving it a firm knock I stood slightly behind Laxus. He was to blocking most of the door from my view.

It took a few moments before we finally hear movement and then the door swings open a fraction.

"I'm guessing you're the mages, here to get rid of that demon that has been terrorizing the town." A voice hissed when he spoke the word 'mages'. I lean over to see past Laxus and I stare at the face of a young man that I can see peering out from the narrow door. “Look,” the young man spoke up, “the demon doesn't come until night time on every third day, and it won't be here until tomorrow night." He finished glaring at both Laxus and I.

I could feel the anger rolling off of Laxus and wonder if he’s going to attack the guy but instead he says. "You don't sound like you want any help, especially from us," he growled. Laxus had to stop himself from going any further and provoking anything that would turn ugly. Instead he stepped back and looked at me, focusing his concern onto me for now. "You want to come back tomorrow, Angel?"

I open my mouth to respond when the guy goes to slam the door shut in our faces. Without thinking I jam my foot into it in annoyance.

“You think treating us rudely will make us more willing to help this place hunt down the demon that’s making you all live in fear?” I state, shoving the door open and gripping him by his collar. “How about we leave the demon to do as it pleases?” I turn to Laxus and ask him, bluffing. I turn back to the young man, feeling my anger bubble over I glare at him, “And when you try to ask for help from other guilds, I’ll let them know that you toss children out of your city. I’ll tell them you let them die outside the gates and then we’ll see who’ll choose to help you after they hear the horrible truth.” I hiss, shoving him back so he lands harshly in the hallway of his home.

"T-that's... we... that's a lie!" He stuttered, face red.

"But Niisan, you taught me to never lie. Niisan." I whisper lowly, venom laced into my words, as I glowered at him. My eyes were cold and void of emotion as his eyes widen in utter horror.

“Mistu?!” He questions in disbelief.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a long time coming but I finally updated because I have all these Fairy Tail feels and I will be updating more often! :) Hope you enjoyed this twist~