Status: Active!

Haunted Memories

Complicated

I could feel Laxus watching the scene unfold and out of the corner of my eyes I saw him cross his arms over his chest.

"The bones outside the city say otherwise," Laxus said ominously. "Your sister was nice enough to take on this job even after what you all did to her, so I think you should be treating her more nicely. Probably with a little more respect for a woman who's capable of defeating your demon."

I stared at my older brother, conflicted. I felt sick to my stomach but I wasn’t going to back down now that I was here. I was here to prove to my biological family that I was alive and well, that I was strong, no thanks to them.

"You can't blame me for what happened. I was just a kid as well,” My brother paused as he stood up and leant against the hallway wall. “By the time I found out they'd taken you away it was too late and father had me locked inside my room,” his voice diminishes for a moment, “he told me that some wizards from a nearby guild had come and snatched you away and that you were long gone. I don't understand though, bones outside our city? The elders of the village always tell us that the children are taken. That's why we hate mages. They took you away from us, your family, Mitsu." He finished with a croak.

My eyes widen and I turn to Laxus, unsure of what to believe anymore, there were so many questions, but not enough answers.

“Mother and Father are lying to you then, they were there when I was taken, told me never come back." I state, remembering the scene vividly because it had haunted me for so long.

“Either way, there’s still someone behind this whole mess,” Laxus exclaimed gruffly, “Angel, we’ll gather more information today since we won’t be facing the demon until tomorrow night.” He informs as he turns to my brother and says, “Where are your parents now?”

I could tell Laxus was getting annoyed because things were getting more and more complicated. I bite my bottom lip, feeling bad for dragging Laxus into my mess but at the same time I was thankful for his support and knew that he wouldn’t be anywhere but here anyway.

Ryu eyed us up carefully before replying with, "Father is out in the woods and mother and Etsu are at the markets today," He explained and paused, his eyes travelled between me and Laxus. "Is he your boyfriend?" He asks curiously, pointing at Laxus.

I blush darkly but scoff, “so what if he is?” I narrow my eyes at Ryu and he throws his hands up defensively.

“I’m Laxus Dreyar, Angel’s partner.” Laxus introduces himself and I smile slightly, finding this situation odd.

“Angel? Is that you’re nickname?” Ryu asked me and I nod.

“I changed my name shortly after being tossed from the city, I was found by an elderly man who greeted me by calling me Angel and it stuck.” I explained with a shrug. I could feel Laxus grinning and turned to give him a pout. I had refused to tell him my real name up until this point because I hate it.

I pause in my thoughts when I recall Ryu mentioning someone called Etsu, “Ryu-niisan, who is Etsu?” I ask.

“Etsu? Etsu was born not long after you were… taken?” He pauses, not looking me in the eye because he knew how it sounded.

“They replaced me.” I grit my teeth in anger, having heard enough I turn away and stalk off, so I had a little sister now. I couldn’t help but feel jealous; she got to have the life that I had stolen from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really need advice, when I started writing this story I only knew how to write first person point of view but now I'm familiar with third person point of view and prefer it as third person. Should I just leave it as it is, or should I re-format this whole story to be third person?

Much appreciated~