Status: Active!

Haunted Memories

Remembrance

She's been at the Fairy Tail guild for 17 years now. Although she missed her family she have no regrets leaving, besides if she hadn't have left she doubted she wouldn't have ever been found by the guild in the first place.

“Kimi.” A gruff voice brings her out of her thoughts and her distracted blue eyes flickered up to meet a pair of orange ones as she leaned over the balcony of the second storey, watching everyone in their antics while deep in thought.

“Hmm?” She tilted her head to the side and stared up at the owner of the voice, Laxus. He was a tall, muscular man and also a force to be reckoned with, one of the strongest males in their guild. She'd be lying if she said that Laxus hadn't changed much since they were younger, because he had. They use to be inseparable when they were children; always laughing and playing. Then they grew up and went through a bit of a rough patch however it was short in comparison with how long they'd known each other for and they became close again, except their relationship wasn't like how it used to be. He rarely smiled any more and he became far more possessive and aggressive.

Five to six years ago he got really bad, treated everyone horribly and started bullying a number of the other kids, but he was always the worst to her. It lasted a long time, so long that she ended up not being able to take it any longer. The names he called her, the shoving and lashing out. She slowly broke.

Kimi remember him yelling at her, telling her how pathetic she was at everything. That was the first time she’d ever cried in front of him... because of him, her childhood friend was making her suffer. She felt like he was using her as an outlet for his feelings of betrayal. No she didn't feel it, she knew it. He was.
Image

“It’s not my fault!” She had screamed at him, surprising the both of them. Through her teary eyes she could see his widened ones.

“What are you on about?” Laxus had gathered his composure and was scowling.

“It’s not my fault that Master exiled your father! I didn’t do anything so just leave me alone!” It was raining; her voice had gotten so high and loud that people had stopped to watch them.

She was crying so hard by that point, she saw Laxus move and thought he was going to hit her so she flinched backwards. Losing her footing, she toppled off the side of the bridge and plunged into the icy water below.

Image

“Kimi.” Laxus was getting annoyed at his childhood friend's absent-minded behaviour.

“I’m s-sorry,” she stuttered, turning so he had her full attention.

“I’m going on a mission with the Thunder God Tribe this time,” he informed.

“Oh okay,” she thought for a moment “Yeah, my rent isn’t due for another few weeks and if I’m really bored I can always go on a mission by mys-”

“You aren’t going on a mission by yourself.” He gave her a warning look and she opened her mouth to reply but closed it in a huff to avoid an argument. “Look, you can go on a mission but take someone else with you.”

“Yeah, okay fine.” She stopped leaning against the railing and straighten her short black kimono, before checking that her golden sash was tied securely.

“Alright, I’ll be back as soon as I can. Don’t do anything stupid.” He reached out and placed his hand on the side of her face, pulling her in and giving her a quick kiss on the forehead before pulling away, disappearing downstairs and out the front double doors of the guild.

“Keep safe.” She murmured.
Image

Kimi should have drowned that day. She didn’t know how to swim, she still doesn't know how to. She kept sinking further and further down, looking up at the surface. All she wanted was air to breathe. Her lungs hadn’t been prepared. Her eyes got heavy and she could feel herself drifting off before her world turned black.
♠ ♠ ♠
What you may need to know =

Mages - Are wielders of magic, using their magic power to cast spells and employ magical objects. They comprise only 10% of the living population of Earth Land, with the remaining 90% being either incapable or unwilling to use Magic. They are known for usually being affiliated to a guild, where they can take on Jobs as a source of personal income and adventure

Guilds - A guild is an association of persons of the same trade or pursuits, formed to protect mutual interests and maintain standards.