Daddy Zayn

Daddy Zayn

ZAYN'S POV

"Zayn, I'm not sure I can make it..." Melissa whispered. Her usual brown eyes filled with pain, the sparkle completely gone. Her skin turning pale as she squeezed my hand.

"Melissa, you can do this. Think about the baby." I whispered in her ear. I kissed her forehead, trying to calm her down. The nurses were rushing around the room.

"Alright, Melissa we need you to continue pushing." the nurse at the foot of the bed announced. Melissa nodded and leaned foreward slightly.

"Zayn, I'm serious. I really don't think I'll make it...EUGH!" I rubbed her back. "Whatever happens... Please take care of her... Zayn I'm begging you... I-I love you both.... Remember that." she managed to get out. I opened my mouth to say something, but was interrupted by a small cry. I looked at Melissa, who was smiling softly.

"Shes beautiful." the nurse handed me my baby girl. I smiled down at the little girl.

"Can I hold her, please? Before anything happens?" Melissa asked. Her voice a whisper. I nodded and handed her the child. Tears fell from both of our eyes. "I love you.. So much. Remember that my precious baby girl." she whispered in the small child's ear. The nurse came over and took the little girl to clean her off.

"Melissa, would you like to pick her name?" I asked, taking her hand. She smiled at me weakly.

"Emily May Malik. Zayn, will you promise me something?" she asked, her eyes filling with fear, love, and still pain.

"Of course love." I kissed her softly.

"You'll take care of Emily and yourself. You'll move on, follow your dreams, and live your life with our little girl by your side. You're only fifteen, don't stay in the past... For me please." I looked at her confused.

"Melissa... Why..." I sighed. "I promise. I love you with all my heart remember that." I whispered, still confused.

"I love you too Zayn. I love you and Emily with all my heart..." her eyes closed and a long beep sounded. My eyes widened as I tried to figure out what just happened. Nurses and doctors moved around her. Then it hit me. Tear feverishly fell.

"MELISSA! MELISSA! PLEASE, YOU CAN'T LEAVE US YET!" I screamed as the stronger male nurses pulled me out of the room. I fell to the floor when we reached the waiting room, sobbing into my hands. My parents and Melissa's rushed over, trying to comfort me.

"Zayn, what happened?" everyone asked. I shook my head, jumped up and tried to force the door open.

"She's gone. Melissa's gone, damnit." I lashed out on everyone. Melissa's mother screamed and fell into my mothers awaiting arms. Our families were there for us, especially when they found out about Emily May. Her father took my spot in the tantrum.

I fell to the floor again. Safaa, my little sister, came up to me. She wrapped her small arms around my neck, crying into my shoulder. Waliyha and Doniya joined us.

Hours past. The confirmation came shortly after my tantrum. The nurse called me back. I walked wiping my tears. "Son, who will be taking care of your child?" she asked, taking the small girl in her arms. She handed me Emily.

"I will." I mumbled, kissing Emily's forehead softly. I remembered all the stuff Melissa and I talked about. Tears fell once again. She nodded and handed me papers to sign. I managed to sign them with Emily still in my arms.

"I'm sorry for your loss. Take care of her." she whispered.

**

News spread quickly. Friends, family members, and pure Bradford strangers sent their condolences. It's been three days since Emily's birth and Melissa's death.

My main focus is my little girl. She was always by my side. But I had to listen to Melissa... I'll follow my dreams. Emily and I would live a normal life. Me giving her every ounce of love Melissa and I shared for her.

With the fragile child in my arms, I fell asleep in the rocking chair my mother gave me. A small blanket over the two of us, and a bottle in my hand.

Our journey starts here.