Daddy Zayn

The Finale

We've made it. We're in the final three contestants. Emily was really excited for this, maybe even more than Louis. That's saying something 'cause Louis is bouncing off the walls trying to keep spirits high and nerves away. But... This could tell our future. Whether we stay a band and become stars or we go back to normal lives that involve four (or five) new people. I mean everyone's on edge! Simon's nervous for us, our parents are, our friends are, WE are definitely nervous! It's just a bunch of nerves around here.

"ALRIGHT LADS!" Louis yelled as we got ready for the day, Emily visiting Simon for now.

"Louis we're right here, no need to yell.." Liam said. Louis looked at him weird.

"Thought Zayn was supposed to be the Daddy of the group, Payne?" I snickered, he has a point. Since we started the live shows, Liam took the role as the leader and "manager" of the group. Only because he's the sensible one.

"Ha ha ha funny Lou." Liam said, glaring. Emily walked into the room from hanging out with Simon, the first thing she does is scream the loudest she can. I kinda figured that would happen considering whenever Doni, Wali, Saffy, and I get into small arguements and Emily walks in on them, she screams until all the tension is gone. Its a headache really, literally.

"Emily Liam was joking." I tried to get her to stop. Obviously that isn't working. I glared at Liam and Louis once more before covering her eyes. "You have five seconds to stop the petty arguing and show Emily you're all good." I mouthed to Liam and Louis. They nodded and I uncovered the screaming little girl's eyes. She watched Liam and Louis hug and stopped screaming.

"Daddy can I have ice cweam?" she looked up at me. I shook my head and laughed.

"Throat hurt from screaming?" She nodded and gave a small giggle. I sighed and picked her up, grabbing a snapback from Niall and heading out the door. The guys shouted what they wanted, Niall eventually ran after us. "Hope you got the guys' orders 'cause I sure as hell didn't.." I whispered to the blonde. Helaughed, but nodded none the less. "Whatcha want Em?" I asked as we reached the cafeteria. She scrunched up her face in deep thought before practically jumping out of my arms.

"Whoa there princess.." Niall said laughing. She smiled and looked at me.

"I want bubble gum!" she giggled. I kissed her head and nodded. Niall ordered everyone's ice cream and we all carried it back, Emily pretty much wearing hers. We reached the room Louis and Liam back at bickering over how Liam can't wear stripes. And with that Emily was at it again. Right. In. My. Ear. The two guys scrambled to make up, Emily giggling when they did. I sighed and sat her down on the ground, grabbing the wipes from the counter and the ice cream off her face.

And the next two hours was spent with Emily screaming continuously. The nerves are getting to us! I actually think I'm going insane! And to mention the fact I am on a tv show and my future will be decided upon tonight by three judges and everyone in the UK in merely one hour, I'm kinda losing my head. Except Emily is trying her hardest to keep me smiling when I'm getting to that "Oh god let me run away please!" except it'd be Allah instead of God considering I'm Muslim, but lets not get technical yea?

"Daddy?" Em asked as I redid my hair.

"Yes princess?" I turned around to see her pouting. Panic rushed through me, I crouched down and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "Princess what's wrong?" Tears started to stream down her face, her arm reaching out to grab a hold of my neck. She caught everyone's attention, mainly Simon's and the lads'. "Princess... shh..." whispered.

"Emily what's wrong?" Louis asked. She looked around and saw the guys and Simon crowding her. Instantly the tears stopped and she giggled.

"Nothing. I need youw attention dough." She giggled and ran back to the room, all five of us chasing after her.

"Emily, you know better than to scare us like that." I said when I entered the room, aggravation filled my veins. That is until Emily went searching for something in the closet, she squealed and found her missing item. She giggled and turned around, keeping her treasure hidden.

"Sit please!" She said with a smile. I raised an eyebrow and sat on my bed with Niall and Liam, Louis and Harry taking the other bed. "Close your eyes AND NOOOOOOO PEEKING!" She exclaimed with a giggle to follow. I squeezed my eyes shut as everyone else did. "Hands out." I raised an eyebrow but obeyed. Few seconds later something very light was placed in my hands. "Otay open them!" she giggled. I looked down to my hands, a small little paper heart with the words "Daddy + Emily" on one side and "Good Luck Daddy I love you!" on the other. I bit my lip, this has got to be the sweetest thing I've ever gotten. "You like it?!" She chirped. I nodded, fighting tears at the realization she's growing up. My little girl is growing up.

"Thank you Emily, it'll be right in my pocket on stage." Liam said quietly. She giggled and hugged him.

"C'mere princess!" Niall said, pulling her into a hug. Louis and Harry joined their hug, that is until Emily wormed her way out of their grip and popped up in front of me. I didn't do anything but stare at the little pink heart, and I probably should've noticed the tears that started to fall as I thought about my princess growing up.

"What's wrong mate?" Harry asked, all attention on me now. I shook my head and flipped the heart over, rereading the back.

"AW ZAYNIE'S GETTING EMOTIONAL!" Louis cooed, I chuckled a bit. Emily crouched down and looked up at me, a sad look on her face.

"No cwy Daddy!" she wiped my tears. I chuckled and picked her up, hugging her close.

"Thank you Emily.. I love you soooo much, you know that right?" She nodded, giggling. "Don't grow up too fast for me please." she pulled away and looked at me weird.

"I no going anywhewe. I'm staying with you FOWEVEW!" She giggled. I smiled.

"You better!" She kissed my cheek, then hugging my neck again.

**

This is it. I looked down at my hand, We all had taped the hearts to our palms the "good luck" side showing. I grabbed the mic that was handed to me and huddled up with the boys.

"Alright lads.. whatever happens tonight, will always remain One Direction. We're a band of brothers, and brothers are life. I love you guys." Liam said, as we stood in our huddle. I nodded.

"And I say we all stay close, Emily can't not have her uncles around!" Louis said, giving me a wink. I chuckled a bit.

"Speaking of Emily... I was supposed to check everyone's left hands, and right for you Ni." Harry said, we all showed off our hearts; mine was a blue, Louis' red, Niall's green, Harry's orange, and Liam's purple. She put a lot of work into these and it showed, none of us were ashamed of the hearts either. If we got caught then we'll think of something on spot, but I doubt we will.

"Love you guys." Liam repeated. We pulled each other into a tighter hug, everyone saying "I love you guys." quietly.

"Boys, you're on." A stage hand said quietly. I gulped as we pulled away. I looked at the heart once more before jogging on stage with the rest of the lads. The familiar music started to play and we began our last song.

[LIAM]

I thought I saw a girl brought to life

She was warm she came around

She was dignified

She showed me what it was to cry

You couldn't be that girl I adored

You don't seem to know or seem to care

What your heart is for

But I don't know her anymore

[HARRY]

There's nothing left, I used to cry

My conversation has run dry

That's what's going on

Nothing's fine

[HARRY, LOUIS, NIALL]

I'm torn

I'm all out of faith

This is how I feel

I'm cold and I am shamed

Lying naked on the floor

Illusion never changed

Into something real

I'm wide awake and I can see

The perfect sky is torn

You're a little late

I'm already torn (I'm already torn)

[HARRY]

There's nothing left, I used to cry

Inspiration has run dry

That's what's going on

Nothing's fine

[HARRY, LOUIS, NIALL]

I'm torn

Torn

I'm torn

[HARRY]

Nothing's fine

I'm torn

[ALL]

I'm all out of faith

This is how I feel

I'm cold and I am shamed

Lying broken on the floor

Illusion never changed

Into something real

I'm wide awake and I can see

The perfect sky is torn

You're a little late

I'm already torn

[ZAYN]

I'm already

I'm already torn

[ALL]

Torn

Oooh

Torn

We stopped, my eyes instantly falling on a cheering Emily with our stylist Louise. I smiled and waved with my right hand. And with that it was the moment of truth. The guys and I looped our arms around each other's shoulders, sharing small glances with each other, Emily, Simon, Matt and Rebecca. "The second runner up is..... REBECCA FERGUSON!" She sighed, happy but upset none the less. And I'm not gonna lie, she has talent, but she's a real bitch. That's all I have to say. Our grip on each other tightened, my eyes locked with Emily's. "The winner.. of the 2010 XFactor is... MATT CARDLE!"

The world froze with those words. Emily looked crushed just like us. Simon sighed and stood up, joining us on stage. We were all trying not to cry in front of the world, but I think Niall and Harry let a tear fall by accident. Simon opened his arms, he looked pretty gutted about our lose. The five of us engulfed him into a group hug.

"Sorry boys.." the host said. Simon let us go and we walked off stage, Emily tackling my legs. Tears streamed down her face as she buried it in my pants leg.

Little did I know, Simon was concocting a plan to help us out.