Daddy Zayn

The Flashback

ZAYN'S POV

The next morning Niall and I went down to the boys' boot camp area. Choreography was in ten minutes. I don't dance without Emily or Melissa, and that's just goofing off when I do.

"Let's begin." the instructed announced. Liam walked over to me, patted my back, and got to work on the dance. I tried for a minute, but the last school dance I attended flashed in my mind.

•FLASHBACK•

"ZAYN!" Melissa squealed as I entered the gym. It was the annual Fall Dance.

"MELISSA!" I mimicked, picking her up and spinning her around as I kissed her luscious pink lips. We pulled away and I reluctantly set her down, not removing my hands from her waist.

"C'mon Zaynie, show me your dance moves." she played around. Our mutable friends came up and joined in encouraging me to dance. I'm known for a few things here, dancing - only hiphop and break dancing - sticking up for the weaker and smaller kids, fights, and brains. I sighed and denied everyone's encouragement.

"Mate this is a dance... Meaning you D.A.N.C.E. So move yo' ass!" John pushed me into Cameron, the school bully and my arch enemy.

"What do we have here?" Cameron asked, his "minions" chuckling behind him. I stood up straight and glared at the kids who should be graduating high school, but miserably failed.

"Looks to me like some scum who can't read." I countered. He snatched my shirt.

"Watch it punk, I'm not messing with you." Cameron warned. I laughed a bit.

"Like you could.." I muttered.

"What was that?" he asked like an idiot.

"You heard him Cam, he don't think you could beat him..." minion one cleared up the confusion. I rolled my eyes.

"Lads, let's settle this with a dance battle." Damien announced with a stupid grin. I shrugged.

"It's on twerp." Cameron always reminded me of a little kid pretending to be bad ass. He played that part well.

The familiar beats came on, I took off my varsity and began to dance. I won the battle an the prize of respect, a dance with my girl, and the two words that changed my life forever. Those two words Melissa whispered in my ear as we were dancing on the last slow song of the evening. She stood on my toes and whispered "I'm pregnant." in my ear.

•FLASHBACK END•

I shivered at the memory and snuck out back. No one would notice me. I walked back into a back room and slid out my phone. I called Doni.

"Zayn, you're not supposed to be calling what's wrong?" Doni asked.

"Nothing... Just taking a break.." I sighed. "I don't wanna miss Em's first day..."

"W-Wha? Who said anything about school?" Doni replied.

"Em said she was going to school while I was gone." I ran a hand through my hair.

"No, I said NEXT year... She must've gotten confused I guess."

"Good..." I mumbled. Someone cleared their throat, making me jump. "Gotta go bye." I put my phone away and looked up to see Simon Cowell standing there.

"Zayn, why aren't you dancing?" he asked. I shrugged.

"I dunno how.." I lied. Simon raised an eyebrow.

"Zayn your mother sent a video of you dancing. You know how to dance. Why aren't you?" I gave a shaky sigh, fighting off tears.

"I don't dance anymore." I mumbled.

"Why is that?"

"Long story."

"I have time after you dance. Don't dance, don't go through XFactor. Dance and you may get a career. Your choice." I sighed and stood up. "Good choice. After this come to my office." I nodded and walked back into the dance room.