Walk With Me.

01/01

(Melissa's P.O.V)


I am so sorry, to whoever is reading this and wasting their time knowing about my life.It's pretty fucked up, if you ask me.My own family doesn't even give a damn that I am stuck here, basically half alive, laying in a hard, uncomfortable hospital bed that just reminds me of how much of a waste of life I am.

My name is Melissa, and I was once a normal person just like you and me.That is until a nasty car crash put me here.I have no feeling what so ever in my lower half of my body, and my face is pretty much broken into thousands of pieces and put back together again like a fucked up jigsaw puzzle.

I work everyday with a physical trainer and therapy sessions to keep on trying to get some sort of feeling back into my legs.I haven't walked in exactly 6 months, a half a fucking year.

But apparently I've made somewhat good progress, and they say that there may be a chance that I will eventually get some of the nerves back, but only on a miracle basically.

The only people who have came to see me, are my best friends.Matt,Brian,Johnny, Zacky, and Arin. And I'm sure if Jimmy were still alive, he'd be here too, but at least I know hes in a better place and not suffering like I am.I was only 19 when he died, but I loved him more than anything in this world.

But there was always that one person who I loved more than myself.Matt, was my soul mate.What I wouldn't give to be with him, it would be my dream come true.

He actually was the only one who came across the ocean and countries to see me after my accident.He was in France, on tour with Avenged when I got into the wreck.But they literally stopped everything just to come home and see me.

It's been about 3 months since I've seen them all, but they've been away in New York writing and finishing up on their new album.I talk to Zacky and Matt mostly, since Johnny, Arin and Brian are always hiding away working when it comes to recording.

But they still do drop a line or send a card making sure that I'm ok and to say that they miss me.

I am truly blessed to have them, but I do miss them a fucking lot.

"Good morning Mel, your looking better today." The doctor greets all too cheerful as she walks into the room.I sigh and put on a half smile.She has been nothing but wonderful to me since I've been here, the least I can do is be somewhat happy.

"I would hope so.Anything new and exciting on the charts today?" I ask, pretty much already knowing the answer is a big fat no, but it still didn't hurt to give it a shot.

"Actually, yes, there is.You're being released today, in a few hours I believe.They arranged to have you picked up by 10 this morning." She grins widely, staring down at me.I look back up at her in utter shock, completely dumbfounded about what to even say or do.

"What? But-But how?! Whose coming for me? Please don't say my parents, I know they don't even care." I said as I felt the tears start to build up in my eyes.She simply shook her head and continued to smile big.

"Don't worry." She said, giving me a tight hug before handing me some pain meds and a cup of apple juice then leaving me to handle my stuff.

I can't believe it, I'm finally getting out of here.

(Matt Sanders aka M.Shadows P.O.V)


It was cold and raining this morning as I excited the LAX airport in LA. I was on my way back home, to pick up a friend who I hadn't seen in a while.A few months actually, but it sure felt like forever and I had missed her so much.

"Huntington Beach Hospital please." I say to the cab driver as we pull away and embark on our hour long trip back to the OC. I never would have imagined that something so horrible and tragic could ever happen to someone so near and dear to me, like when Jimmy had passed away.

I couldn't handle the thought of losing two of my closest friends, let alone I still couldn't handle losing one of them to this day.

Melissa and Jimmy were like peas and carrots.So different yet so connected through drumming and being the life of the parties.I knew once he passed she would never really be the same.Hell. none of us really are, but we still keep on fighting the good fight and keeping his legacy still alive.

When I had heard that Mel was in a car crash, the guys and I immediately left on a flight from France to the states as fast as we could.I prayed to God the entire time that she was ok, that she was still alive and well.

But when they told me that she was pretty much paralyzed from the waist down and that her face need cosmetic reconstruction, I knew she would never be the same from there on out.

I never stopped loving her though, none of us did.It didn't matter what she looked like or how she talked or sounded.She was my best friend, the glue to our puzzle, and I'd be damned if I let something so stupid as her appearance ruin our friendship like her parents had.

They completely abandoned her, never once going to see how she was doing or even caring to know that she was still alive.

Only I had a surprise for her today.I had arranged with the hospital and our management team to fly me out to Cali to get her out and then take her back to NY for a surprise show at the Madison Square Garden arena were I was going to surprise her and play a song off our new album that I especially wrote for her.

It basically summed up about how I really felt about her.Even though there was somewhat of an age gap between us, I've always felt strong feelings for Mel.The day she turned 18, I swore to everyone that I'd marry her someday.

But me being the big bitch that I am, I have yet to even tell her how I feel in the first place, its been exactly 5 years since then.But after tonight, I finally have the right tools and things to say to make this all work out.

"We're here sir, your cab has already been pre-paid for.Have a good day." The driver says to me as we pull up to the front entrance of the hospital.I smile and tell him thank you before I head out.

I can't wait to see the look on Mel's face when she sees me.

(Melissa's P.O.V)


As I sat in my chair, anxiously awaiting for whoever it was to come and pick me up, I started to feel a little sick to my stomach.I never thought that this day would actually come, and it's really finally here at last.

"Melissa, your ride is here." My doctor says, making me look in the direction of the door.I couldn't believe my eyes at what I saw suddenly standing beside me.

"Matt." I choked out weakly, feelings tears and the wave of emotions sweep over me.My best friend had came to my rescue at long last.I just couldn't believe my eyes.

"Hey Mel, you look beautiful.Ready to go?" He chuckles, holding onto a single red rose and a stuffed teddy bear in his hands.I feel tears gush out of my eyes and run down my face.Matt was here, he really was here, right in front of me.

"Oh yes! God yes! Get me out of here!" I yell with joy and laughter, the misery instantly lifted away from the room.I hadn't really actually been happy since the last time the guys came to see me, but the feeling busted out of me, finally free.

I waved goodbye and gave hugs to all the doctors and nurses who took care of me throughout my whole ordeal, saying that as much as I loved seeing them, I was glad that I was leaving and hopefully never coming back anytime soon.

Matt and I just smiled at each other, a tear or two casually falling but staying silent mostly as he insisted on pushing me out of the hospital and out to the waiting taxi.

"Where are we going? Home is that way." I joked, inhaling the cold air.It smelled like the ocean and rain, my two favorite scents that I hadn't smelt in what felt like forever.

"You'll see when we get there babe." Matt just smirked, taking a hold of my hand with a gentle squeeze.I sighed but smiled back, knowing that he must have some sort of trick up his sleeve waiting for me.

(Matt Sanders aka M.Shadows P.O.V)


After what felt like an eternity, Melissa and I had finally gotten to the airport and boarded onto the private plane I arranged to fly us back to New York.Only she had no idea whatsoever about where we were going since I had made sure everyone kept quite about it.

And after a few effortless attempts, she finally gave up and gave into the sleep that she desperately needed as we started on the 8 hour trip.

I held onto her tightly in my arms as she slept soundly, that heart warming smile never once leaving her face as I cuddled her as close to me as I possibly could.She looked more beautiful to me than ever before, even though she already was.

My heart did back flips as I pressed a soft kiss to her forehead, feeling her stir underneath me."Shh, I've got you Mel, don't worry." I whispered gently into her ear, rubbing small circles on her stomach.

She relaxed almost instantly, staying asleep the entire way until we finally touched down in NYC at 8:30 in the night.

I gave a quick ring to Brian, telling him that we'd be there in no less than 30 minutes.He said he'd have all the guys ready for her arrival shortly.

"Mel, wake up." I said as I started shaking her as gentle as I could.She immediately shot up, looking at me with wide eyes.

'Where are we? It's night time already?" She yawned, stretching out her arms.I just nodded before helping her out of her seat and onto her chair as we then made our way out of the airport.

"Holy fuck! We're in New York!" She screeched excitedly, gripping onto me with all of her might.I hugged her back just as tight, happy to know that she was so excited about it.

"Trust me, it gets even better.But you have to promise you that you will keep your eyes closed once I tell you to, ok?" I laughed, slinging my arm over her shoulders as we started on the drive to the arena.

She just shook her head, holding onto my hand the entire way as she shut her eyes and waited until I said it was ok to look.

(Melissa's P.O.V)


I felt my heart start to beat out of my chest nervously as I felt myself being hoisted out of the taxi and back into my chair.I could hear the screams and sounds of lots of people, the sound of things being moved and rolled around.

But I still didn't know where exactly we were at except for I already knew that we were in NY.

"Well it's go time, Mel.I really hope you're ready for this." I heard Matt say, giving me one last kiss on the cheek, then rolling me out onto some place were I suddenly heard the screams and cheering become louder and louder, making my ears ring.

He told me to open my eyes and I hesitated a moment before finally doing so.I definitely wasn't excepting what I saw come into view.

"Welcome back, Melissa!" The guys and fans alike all yelled, bombarding me with endless hugs, kisses, tears, gifts, and their love.

I felt like I was floating on top of a cloud that I never wanted to come down from.The tears and smiles kept on coming as the guys started to play "A Little Piece of Heaven' as the opening song instead of closing.

I sang along and chanted to every hook, line, and chorus as I watched my best friends preform their hearts out to the sold out arena crowd.

When the song was done, Brian and Zacky walked over towards me, bringing me up onto the center stage.My heart was racing as I saw Matt walk out with another rose in his hand and a huge grin plastered on his face.

"Melissa, we're all glad to have you here tonight, back where you belong.I know it has been forever since you've gotten to see a play since the accident, but I want you to know that we all missed and care about you so much.This next song, is for you." He spoke into the mic, making me break out into a fit of tears and sobs.

"
Dark years, brought endless rain
Out in the cold I lost my way
But storms won't last to clear the air
For something new
The sun came out and brought you through

A lifetime full of words to say
A hope that time will slow the passing day

I've been wrong, time's over
And I've been shamed with no words to find
But if the sun will rise, bring us tomorrow
Walk with me
Crimson day

Don't speak, no use for words
Lie in my arms, sleep secure
I wonder what you're dreaming of
Lands rare and far
A timeless flight to reach the stars

A lifetime full of words to say
A hope that time will slow the passing day

I've been wrong, time's over
And I've been shamed with no words to find
But if the sun will rise, bring us tomorrow
Walk with me
Crimson day

I've come so far to meet you here
To share this life with one I hold so dear
And I won't speak but what is true
The world outside created just for you
It's for you, for you

I've been wrong, time's over
And I've been shamed with no words to find
But if the sun will rise, bring us tomorrow
Walk with me
Crimson day.
"


After the song was done, I did the unthinkable.I got up out of my chair and tried to walk.Yes, I actually tried to take a few steps and walk towards Matt.

"Melissa?! You're WALKING?!?!" The guys suddenly all yelled, rushing over to me before I collapsed after taking a few steps closer toward everyone.

"Baby, you walked! Oh my God!" Zacky cheered, hugging me tightly as I started to cry out with laughter.I couldn't believe it either, I actually took a few fucking steps after 6 months.

"Matt, did you really mean all of that? Everything that you wrote in the song? Was it really for me?" I asked, sniffling.Matt took my face in his hands, starting to wipe away the tears that continued to fall from my eyes before pressing a gentle kiss to my lips.

"I've always loved you Mel, I mean that.You're the one for the me, you always have been.I want you to be my girlfriend Melissa, maybe even my wife someday." He grinned, cradling me in his arms as I kissed him hard, needing this for so long.

"I'm all yours Matt, forever and ever."

~
♠ ♠ ♠
Random and different inspiration that came to me today! Been working on this one shot for the past few hours because I couldn't wait to post it up.Hope you all like it! Comments/feedback is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks! :D