Status: trying to get back into this writing thing.

Forever, Ever

one

'Now Hiring'

Two words she desperately hung on to as she entered the small, warm shoppe with her jacket clutched in her hands. She was shivering, whether from the cold or from nerves, she didn't know.

Two older ladies were sat behind the counter, sorting and packaging cookies into tins. The dark-haired one glanced up as the young girl entered the shoppe before looking back down at her work. Something felt quite off to her about the girl, but she couldn't place her finger on it. She watched from the corner of her eyes as the young girl looked along the back wall behind her and in the display case in front. She studied her, watching how she kept glancing at the door, how her hands would clench at the slightest noise.

“Do you need some help, dear?” she finally asked, pausing her sorting.

The young girl glanced up, eyes widened. She took another glance at the door and nodded, near violently. The dark-haired woman watched as the young lady's eyes became glossy and quickly wiped her hands off onto her apron and walked around the counter. She gently embraced the young girl, pulling her into herself and patting down her hair.

“Oh, love, it's quite all right. Whatever it is, you're safe here. Shh, you're safe, love,” she cooed reassurances into the young girl's hair as she broke down.

She led the younger girl to the back room, setting her down on a small couch before scurrying away to get her a drink. The crying girl held her jacket tighter around herself, closing her eyes and trying to take deep, calming breaths. The older woman came back moments later, a steaming cup in one hand and a small pastry in the other.

“Here you are, love, just relax and have a bit to eat,” she said, handing them over to the girl. “Take all the time you need, all right?” she said, watching as the girl nodded.

“Can you tell me your name, dear?” she asked.

“AnaBelle.”
♠ ♠ ♠
terribly sorry if my writing is a bit... blehhhh. haven't written a proper story in about a year or two. trying to get into the hang of this again because i can't get this idea out of my head. hopefully i'm going to do it some justice.

butttttt anyway, harry will show up about chapter 3. i'm going to try to update at least one or two times a week.

comments, suggestions, tell me if i misspelled something, etc.

:)