Status: trying to get back into this writing thing.

Forever, Ever

two

“AnaBelle...” she mumbled quietly, clutching the drink in her hand so tightly her knuckles started to whiten.

“Well, AnaBelle, you're safe here, dear. Just sit back here and relax. I'll finish up my work in the front and then we can have a chat, yeah? I'm Marjorie, by the way.”

Ana smiled weakly and took a sip of her cup, tasting what seemed to be a spicy tea. Marjorie patted her knee before getting up and heading back to the front, leaving Ana to herself.

Ana relaxed, leaning back into the couch. She took in the area around her, tables covered with flour, pastries and bread resting on racks, ingredients stored in clear-case cupboards. Sweet scents wafted through the air and she inhaled deeply, taking them all in. The atmosphere here soothed her considerably. She finally settled enough to reach for the pastry on the table in front of her, nibbling at the ends of it and taking occasional sips of her tea.

As Marjorie returned to the back, Ana slipped off her jacket and set it to the side of her only to cross her arms around her thin body.

“Looking much better, love. Now, you have all of my attention for the next forty minutes or so, okay?” she smiled warmly at the girl.

“Okay,” Ana replied softly, almost a whisper.

“Can I ask what's made you so frazzled?”

Marjorie sat down next to Ana, watching as she twisted her fingers around each other in her lap. She glanced up nervously at the back room door before returning her gaze to her hands.

“You have a job opening here?” Ana asked, breaking the small silence that had settled around them.

“Yes, we do,” Marjorie replied. She eyed Ana in a way that let her know she knew Ana was avoiding the question, but she didn't press the matter.

“Coul-Would I be able to fill it? That is if – if you need me to... or want m-me to,” Ana stuttered.

Marjorie stared at the nervous girl in front of her before leaning in, laying her hands over Ana's, stopping her movements.

“AnaBelle.. What is it that you need, darling? You can tell me. I will do everything in my power to help you.”

Ana was silent for some time as she looked at the kind lady in front of her, comforted by her motherly ways.

“I need a place to live... and somewhere to work,” Ana finally confessed quietly.

“Then you have them,” Marjorie stated.

“Y-you don't hav – I'm fine with a job, r-really I-”

“No, you have both, dear,” Marjorie said, cutting Ana off, “You don't need to tell me everything now, but I can tell whatever has happened to you isn't pleasant, and it would be my honour to help you. The job is yours, there's also a small flat above the shoppe. It's yours.”

Tears filled Ana's eyes as Marjorie's words settled inside her. Safety. She was safe, finally. Her eyes close as she held onto Marjorie's hands tightly.

“Thank you,” she half sobbed, thank you so much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
tbh i just want to get to the chapter where harry comes in because they're my favourite chapters with him.

but anyway, i couldn't resist putting another update.

comments/suggestions/please tell me i've spelt something wrong

:) xo