Status: In progress

Difference Between Real Love and the Love on TV

Nine.

Masey is okay with being with Pete. And Pete is okay with being with Masey. Pete has told Masey not to over think everything, because the last thing he wants is her worried. Pete has always been noncommittal and she knows this, which also scares her, but Pete assures her that he is 110% devoted. A few days pass and the pair are in a honeymoon bliss. Pretty much everything is perfect as far as they're concerned.

But of course Masey still over thinks.

"Baby," Pete breathes a sigh into her hair. "I would never ever leave you, okay?" He whispers, nuzzling his face into her neck. "I promise you. Everything is gonna work. Because I want it to. I want it to really bad."

Masey nods her head once, her fingers twining in his hair. "All right." She stares up at the ceiling fan in his room now as it spins lazily, twisting the air about. The early autumn air drifts through the window as dusk approaches, a yellow-gold light wafting through the curtains.

Pete sits up now, staring down at her. "Hey," he smiles wide.

"Hey."

"You're pretty." Pete scoops Masey up into his lap and hugs him to her. "And I'm so lucky to have you, okay? I'm so, so lucky. Because you're pretty and nice and smart and you like me, and you're my best friend." Pete lets her go then, and gets up to sit at his desk. She knows he's going to write. She doesn't know what about, but she doesn't really mind.

"Write me something special," she sighs, shutting her eyes.

..........

Time passes pretty quickly once Masey and Pete are together. Weeks pass, and they're still very much happy and very much together. The boys approve one hundred percent, of course, and are set on the pair staying together. "You're my favorite," Joe tells Masey, pointing at her. "I like you best."

"I second that!" Patrick chimes.

"I third that!" Andy mimics Patrick. The boys have been practicing lately, and getting a feel for the new songs they will be recording in the coming months. Masey is happy and nervous and excited for them. She's especially nervous about Pete's absence for several months, and the fact she'll only be able to visit him once every several weeks.

Pete tries tirelessly to convince Masey that everything is going to be okay, and that she doesn't need to be worried, but it doesn't seem to be working. No matter how hard Pete tries to let her know everything will be fine, and no matter how many times he tells her it's all going to work out, he still finds her worrying about the same issue. He knows she just over thinks, but it's beginning to get exhausting having her worry all the time.

"Masey, I can't keep having you worry about this," Pete sighs, rubbing his face. "I know it's important to you, but I've told you over and over again we're going to be fine. It's all going to be fine, because I'm not leaving you because I can't imagine not being with you and because it would be impossible for me. You're my world." The last statement is quiet, but resonates powerfully.

"I'm sorry," is all she says.

"I don't want you to be sorry. I just want you to understand."

"I- I just worry."

"I know you do. But I want you to know that you don't have to, because nothing is going to happen-- I won't let it."

"Okay."

"You're okay," Pete tells her, kissing her. "We're okay." He smiles against her mouth, pushing the dark hair from her eyes. Masey's heart flutters a little.

"Yeah, we're okay," she nods, hugging Pete to her.

Pete starts kissing her again, his lips trailing down her neck as his hands wrap around the hem of her shirt. She knows what he wants. Except tonight Pete doesn't just want to fuck her, he wants to love every single inch of her because he's in fucking love with Masey, he just doesn't know how to say it yet. He's overcome with some strange sensation each time she looks at him, and every time she touches him it's like every single one of his nerve endings is on fire. He wants her. He wants her in every single possible way, and he doesn't want any other soul to have her.

This is the most intimate moment they've ever had as she kisses him deeply and he rocks into her gently. There's something about the way her arms wrap around him that gives him shivers. He wants to say three small words, but they're caught in his throat, and he can't make them come out as Masey groans out of pleasure into his mouth. Pete pulls her into him closer and tighter, completely submerging himself in her. He needs to feel every single part of her with him. She breaths out a sigh as Pete kisses along her neck, and she wants to pull him even closer.

As they lay in the dark side by side, Pete wraps himself around his girlfriend, and he's so overcome with emotion he doesn't know what to do with himself. He wants to cry and scream and shout that he's in love with this amazing girl and nobody else can have her. But instead, he presses a kiss to Masey's cheek and snuggles up behind her.

"Goodnight," he whispers, wrapping his arm around her torso. Masey grabs his hand, lacing their fingers together.

"Goodnight, Peter," she hums, pulling him closer.
♠ ♠ ♠
eek I'm so sorry I've been so busy and I feel like I'm neglecting this story, but school is so overwhelming right now. :( Thank you for your comments and for reading and subscribing! I would appreciate even more! I hope you'll still stick with the story even if I can't update every few days like I did in the past. this chapter was kind of random because I haven't really picked a direction for the story yet: if you have an idea please let me know in a message or something!! As always, thank you!