The Correlation Between Peppermint and Eyeliner

Whatsername

*Updates will probably be a little slower after this. Mainly because I wrote chapters 1-9 ahead of time, and so now it's all caught up. I'm currently working on 10 and 11, but next week I have exams and maybe I'll do some writing this weekend. If I have time. But I promise, I'm not quiting on you! I might be a little slower, but I'll update. Slowly but surely.

Part 9: Waiting (Again)

Ring… Ring… RINGGGGG!
Billie jumped when his cell phone rang across the bus. Finally, he thought. She’s off. His hopes got higher as soon as he pressed the button to answer.
“Hello?” he said quickly, hoping it was her.
“See, told ‘ya you’d still be up thinkin’ about me,” Alex’s voice rang in his ears.
“I couldn’t stop thinking’ about you,” Billie could almost see her smile on the other end. “So where are you now?” he asked her,
“I just walked in the door… I couldn’t wait to get off work… you wouldn’t believe the day I had today…” she complained slightly, exaggerating the word believe.
“What happened?” he asked, curious about what had gone on.
“Well first, there was this guy as drunk as a skunk who tried to feel my boob every time I walked by.”
Billie chuckled.
“And then, my boss told me I have to work on my birthday, so now I’m kinda pissed.”
“When’s your birthday?” Billie softly asked, feeling his insides get all gushy at the sound of her voice.
“A week from yesterday. I turn 28.” She dreaded. “I feel old.”
“Me too…” Billie, being a mere 31, felt even older.
Alex snickered at the other end of the line. “I’m bored,” she breathed. “Wanna come over or something?”
“It’s two-thirty in the morning,” Billie laughed.
Damn, she totally forgot about that. Damn her late hours.
“Oh, yeah… sorry… I hate my hours.”
“I don’t like mine either… It’s like I’m always working.” He had never told that to anyone before.
“I feel like I never have any time to myself. I’m either working or with Jen. I only get any free time to just, relax, when it’s two-thirty in the morning and no ones up.” Alex looked through her cupboards for something to eat. She opened the cabinet door above the stove and pulled out a package of Raman noodles. Her thoughts vanished as she tried to manage holding her phone in one hand while filling a small pan with the other. She could feel one of her random moments coming on, as they happened so very out-of-the-blue.
“So how long are you here for?” she said to the other end of the line, still preparing her water on the stove.
“Um, I think until Thursday. But we have a show tomorrow in Austin.” Billie wasn’t quite prepared for the subject change, but he answered anyways. “Wanna come?”
Alex sat on her counter top, staring at the pan that was now sitting on the burner, heating her water as she pondered his offer.
“That depends,” she said in a playful tone. “Do I get front row?” excitement was getting heavier by each syllable.
“That depends,” Billie returned the mode of the moment. “Are you gonna do your really cool flips on stage again?” he said this very fast and energetically, like a young kid asking for a present. Or something like that.
“I suppose I could,” she childishly gave in with a small breath. “But only if you kiss me after the last song.”
“I think I can make that happen,” his voice teased.

They talked on for what seemed like hours. They talked about everything- Alex’s life, his life, and their dreams.
From the last two, almost three days he had known her, he could tell that he was definitely feeling a strong attraction to her. It wasn’t that physical, although she did have a fit figure, it more of a connection with her as a person. Like he can relate to her, like she could relate to him.

*Commment! Oh, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could spread the word and do a bit of advertising. Hmmm... I wonder if I hired a sexy European exotic go-go dancer named FiFi to advertise if anyone would come... hmmmm....