The Correlation Between Peppermint and Eyeliner

Air Guitaring

*Sorry, I haven't updated in a week. I've been really busy, and I'm still busy. Don't worry, I'm writing, tho. When I have the time. (Jeeze... Time... What does that mean again?) lol

Part 10:

Billie woke up the next morning to Mike strumming on his bass. Nonetheless, with the amp hooked and all, blaring at ten watts throughout the tour us.
This morning was a lot quieter, but a lot slower. It seemed like two o’clock would never come, which was the time Billie told Alex he’d pick her up and go to Austin.
The bus was going to be driven about 165 miles by the band’s driver, Ronald.
Ronald McDonald, as Tre called him. The three of them never knew where he went during the concerts or stayed during the night, but sure enough, Ronald was always a reliable driver. In the morning, through the night, he was always on time. Hung over a few times, but always there. (Tre had once come to the odd conclusion that Ronald was the Drunk Bunny at the concerts, but had never found out if it was true or not.)

Finally Billie decided he couldn’t wait any longer, so at one o’clock he left to go get Alex, and maybe to go get lunch before the three hour drive.
He drove onto East 12th Street, and immediately recognized her bright red Volkswagen along the side of the street.
He parked behind it and walked up to the tall apartment structure, consisting of what he estimated to be about five apartments. It was a run-down looking building, with the chipped paint and broken fire escapes. It was an ugly green color, with red doors and shutters and such. He went up the creaky steps that Alex had shown him up before, and into a long hallway. He walked until he got to the door labeled 473, and knocked on the red painted wood.
After just a few seconds no one answered, so he checked to see if the door was locked. Sure enough, it twisted, and he gently pushed it open.
His ears were blasted with an explosion of a guitar chord, all too familiar to him.
He smiled at the sound of his own voice pounding through the speakers across the room. It was amazingly loud. He was surprised he hadn’t heard it all the way out in the hallway. He glanced around, looking for Alex. He took a few steps, hoping to see her around the room.
Billie saw her come jumping out of one of the bedrooms, hairbrush held in front of her mouth, lip-synching to the song. She continued to prance toward the speakers, oblivious to him standing there.
The speakers roared as she shook her bottom to the beat and finally bringing out the air-guitar, mimicking Billie’s playing.
Billie was quietly laughing politely to himself and watching her closely, watching her sing his lyrics.
“From Chicago, to Toronto, she’s the one that they call old whatsername!” she did another turn that made her dark hair twirl in the air.
As she turned around to face the opposite end of the room, she was startled by seeing Billie standing and staring at her.
She let out a small squeal and her arms stuck straight out, showing the impression of her air guitar falling to the ground. She held up on finger to him and quickly said, “Hold on a sec.”
She turned on her heel and hit the stop button on her stereo and turned again to face him.
“What are you doing here?” she excitedly asked in an overly positive tone.
“I wanted to ask you if you wanted to get some lunch or something,” he suggested. “And then go to the show.”
”Yeah, that sounds cool,” she sat down her hairbrush in the sofa. “Just give me a minute?”
Billie nodded. She ran into the room she came out of and come out with a small bag.
“I assume I’ll probably be staying with you guys again, so I’m prepared this time.” She held up the bag. It wasn’t that big, about the size of a loaf of bread.
“Sounds good,” he smiled and shrugged as she walked over to him. She picked up her cell phone off of the counter and put it in her pocket.
They walked out the door and down the hallway, talking about how she woke up this morning when Jen practically pounced on top her because she wanted to know how the concert was.
When they got out to Billie’s car, he got in and started the engine.
“Do you know any vegetarian places around here? Because I don’t know this city very well…” he asked and looked at her, who looked as though he had read her mind.
“Yeah, there’s a place downtown called Veggie- Joe’s.” she told him, so excitedly that it made him laugh.
“Veggie Joe’s?” he laughed and turned the corner.
“Yeah. It’s awesome. Everything you could think of, but made with veggies,”
“Ah, I see…” he pulled onto the highway and eventually into the parking lot of Veggie-George’s.

After they were done eating, Billie drove back to the bus, where they would be spending the next few hours.
She walked up to the door and opened it, only to hear Tre screaming and beating on Tupperware.
She had the hugest grin on her face when she saw Tre beating the crap out of his ‘drums’, which was actually a Super Glad Ware container.
The bus driver walked in the door shortly after and asked if they were ready to go, in which they were.

After a while the four of them were extremely bored, so Tre decided he’d get out his Monopoly game.

Surprisingly, Tre was really good at it.
“How much do I owe you?” Billie sully asked Tre, after landing on one of Tre’s properties with a hotel on it.
“I’ll say, two thousand, five hundred dollars.” Tre held out his hand to him. “Pay up, Two Dollar Bill!”
Billie sorted through his Monopoly money and whined. “I don’t have enough money!”
“Well, then I win!” Tre stood up and threw his hands up in the air.
“Well, I suppose you do.” Billie got up and gave him a high five.
Alex looked out the window and squealed. The boys looked at her very strangely.
“We’re in Austin!” she screamed and the boys’ still continues to look at her.
“Dude, you’re still star-struck.” Mike said, and Alex looked up at him.
“Well, I’m going to dance on stage again, and I’m so excited!”
”Wow, you really ARE excited!” Billie exaggerated. “You’re like Tre after he smokes a pound of Fun and Games!”
They all laughed.

The bus came to a stop, causing Billie and Tre, who were standing, to sway back and foreword.

”Yay! We’re here!” Alex jumped up and grabbed her bag off of the floor. She walked onto the futon and around Billie and Tre, scurrying off of the bus.
The three followed her into the parking lot, chasing each other and starting a game of tag. Alex was running in front of Billie, who was running in front of Mike, away from Tre, who was it.
“Nay, nah, nay, nah, boo boo! You can’t catch me!” Alex playfully shouted to Tre and went to run, but she ran into something hard as she turned around.
She found herself falling on the pavement on top of Billie, out of breath and face to face with his green eyes.
They both laughed, ignoring the pain from falling onto hot, rocky black top.
“I think your show starts soon,” she whispered.
“I think it can wait,” he softly said back, and she leaned in to kiss him. Their lips touched and lightly formed to each other’s smile.
“Ewww! Get a room!” Tre ran up to them and gently but quickly pushed Alex off of Billie.
“Last one there has to run around naked on stage!” Alex yelled and ran towards the door.
Billie had an evil grin on his face. “Should we hurry up and run in front of her so she’ll be the last one?”
Mike and Tre laughed and ran, Billie left to chase after them.

*That was a kinda long one, so I hope it'll hold you over until at least the end of the week. I've got exams tommarrow and Thursday and Friday and on Friday a huge party to go to, and blah blah blah...
*Hehe... I wrote that last part for my friend. She loved it...