The Correlation Between Peppermint and Eyeliner

Fate and Karma

*As you might know, *holds in excitement* I GOT 40 COMMENTS!!! *excitement holding fails miserably* So, I updated, and I really hope you guys like it, even though it's a bit short. So, I guess y'all are wondering, "WTF! Why did Billie walk away from her!" Well, my friend, you will find out. Actually, I think it is explained in like, the first sentence of this chapter. *watches your screen slyly scroll down to the beginning of the chapter* HEY! Get back up here! Don't read it yet! Okay... I'm good now. I'm glad someone actually realized that Billie left. I was afraid someone would overlook it and then be totally clueless. But that didn't happen, so I'm glad. I just read a really good fic. I think it's called something like 'Holy toot... You're...Mike Dirnt!' But, anyways, that was a good story, writer-to-writer. Okay. I better stop rambling and just let you go read the damn chapter now. You're probably itching with suspense and I'm just writing away... Jeez. Well, I'll let you waste and gain more brain molecules now. Go get a cookie, because my Sexy European Exotic Go Go Dancer named Fifi made them for a congratulations gift for reaching 40 comments. (I can't wait for 47, because 47 is my lucky number! lol) Now, go be selfish and read the chapter already. lol Just Kidding.*

Part 14

It was fate. Fate and karma.
That was why he left her in the hallway. Sure, he would’ve got her in bed and in the morning would’ve woken up next to her, the sunlight hitting her skin and shining.
But he couldn’t do that. He couldn’t do something good, and then something bad happen.
He sat in the room all alone, nowhere to run to, nowhere to hide.
He sat on the chair in the corner of the room, slouched with his fingers holding his head up.
What just happened? Oh, yeah. I just kissed her and then left. Kiss and bail. I’d never to something like that. Something good happens, then something bad- it never fails.
I can’t have the greatest time with her, taking the risk of most likely loosing something else. Why, why, why do I always do this?
Billie repeatedly hit his forehead with his fist. He wanted to have something extraordinary with her. Why wouldn’t his conscious just let him?

Alex lay awake on her bed, staring at the ceiling. Her thoughts gathered up about what had just happened moments before.
“Why did he do that?” she talked to herself, knowing she was all alone. “Why did he just go away? Just walked out from in front of me. Was it because he doesn’t like me? Stop that!” she yelled at herself. “He likes me. He does. He probably just wasn’t… isn’t…” her mind was trailing.
She sighed. She obviously wasn’t going to get any sleep tonight.

The next morning she was woken up by the phone ringing, not her cell phone, but the hotel line, trilling inches away from her ear.
“Hello?” she tried to sound like she hadn’t just woke up.
“Hello, Miss Alex, this is your wake up call.” It was Tre. Alex laughed at the way he tried to sound like a british woman.
“Hello, Tre.” Her voice sarcastically thrilled. Then flashbacks of the night before passed through her mind. The bar. The kiss. His door shutting. Her lying in bed with no idea why. “Tre, have you heard from Billie?”
“Uhhhhhhh…” his voice dull. “He told us we weren’t supposed to tell you.”
“What? Where did he go?”
“He went to-“ there was a loud commotion in the background. It was Billie yelling at Tre and Mike laughing, and with a thud and shutter, she heard someone pick up the phone.
“Hello?” Alex was confused, but snickering.
“Alex. Hey.” It was Billie. She was half dreading this moment, the moment where they would be forced to talk about last night.
“Hi.”
“Hey, about last night… I’m sorry.” There was a struggle on his end, probably from warding off Tre.
“It’s okay. I don’t really understand, but that’s okay, because I don’t understand a lot of things.” She quickly said.
Once again, there were loud thumps in the background and laughing.
“Why don’t I just come over there,” she offered.
“Yeah, that sounds good. See you in a few minuets, then.” And she waited for him to hang up.
She hung up the phone and let out a relieved sigh. She was glad they didn’t talk about last night, for if they did, she might’ve not understood.

Alex walked across the hallway, and knocked on the door. It was the same door that she had saw close behind Billie’s back the night before, but this morning it looked different. For some odd reason, it didn’t seem like a door anymore- it seemed more like a wall.
A few seconds passed as she was forced to remember last night, and then Mike opened the door.
“Oh, God, you look dead!” she pointed out loudly as soon as she saw his face. It was true, his eyes were saggy and his expression was slumped, rather then pulled together.
“This is me without coffee.” He shrugged and let her in. The first thing she saw was Billie on top of Tre, threatening to throw his drumsticks at him with bad intent if he dared to melt his eyeliner again.
By the looks of it, if someone would’ve saw them and not heard Billie yelling at him, they might’ve thought they were, ahem, doing something other than yelling.
“Boy sex!” Alex yelled. “My favorite!” and she sat down on the bed.
Billie looked up at her. “Can I borrow your eyeliner?” he asked, still holding Tre hostage.
“Sure. But only if I can see some boy sex.” She giggled when he looked at her.
Billie glanced down at Tre. “You heard ‘er man, we’re expected to have hot boy sex!”
Alex laughed even harder when she saw Tre’s face.
“Sorry, I’m saving myself for Mike.” Tre said all girly-like.
Mike shook his head and laughed.
Billie finally got off of Tre and walked over to Alex. She was still having a laughing fit, unstoppable to any human being.
“Are you gonna be okay?” he sarcastically asked, starting to laugh himself.
“I-I think s-so.” She took some deep breaths to calm herself.
She was straight faced now, wiping the tears that had strolled down her face from the laughter.
“What time are we leaving?” she had to work later that night, and couldn’t call in sick.
“In a hurry to leave?” Billie had his king-of-puppy-dog face on.
“I have work tonight.” She whined.
He pinched his face. Why did she have to work all the time?

*Yay! I'm happy right now. Enjoy the cookehs?*