The Correlation Between Peppermint and Eyeliner

Iron City Bar and Grill

Okay, so it's been a week. Sorry. I lost my spark there for a second. I'm back now, I'm ALL good. So, how have you been? Crap. No time for small talk. You just want to read the darn chapter already, huh? Selfish bullet. Gosh, always about the readers, wanting to READ READ READ. But that's okay, I guess, cuz when it's about me, it's all WRITE WRITE WRITE. Whatever. Back to the point. Well, I think I might be sick. Urgh. Yes, oh the horror. So, sorry for the lack of enthusiasm in my little author's note her. And my chapter I suspect is a bit boring also. Anyways! (Damn, I keep getting off track!) Well, a friend of m,ine who reads the stroy first hand, over my shoulder, of course, brought up the fact that I may be confusing you. I suppose she's right. I mean, I'm basing the last 14 and probably a few more chapters on the days of the week that Green Day's in Huston. I suppose I should AT LEAST map it out a little for you. If I confuse you more, I'm sorry, but just kinda blame it all on my Sexy European Exotic Go Go Dancer named Fifi. Whatever. Here's the map thingy.
Friday was the day of the concert and Alex spent the night on the bus.
Saturday, she woke up on the bus, and had to go to work.
Sunday, she went to another Green Day concert and afterwards the whole kiss and bail thing happened.
And I guess the day this chapter is on Monday, after the buys takes them back to Huston and Alex has to go to work.
NOTE: Green Day leaves on maybe about Thursday. Alex's birthday on Thursday. (<I mentioned that in a past chapter, somewhere)
Okay, now, get yourself a noce, soft, extra chocolate chocolatey chiperific cookie, and read the darn chapter. God, this note is long. Oh well.


Part 14:

Alex let out an exasperated sigh. She’d been at work, or rather in Hell, for a few hours now. The bus had brought them back to Huston around 3 that afternoon, and she had left for work at 5.
The diner was your average restaurant, but a lot bigger then most in that part of the city. It was dimly lit and crawling with hungry sports junkies, watching a football game and sending a round of Coronas around when their team scored. Alex usually didn’t have any trouble waiting on tables, but she hated it anyways. Working at the local Bar and Grill was not how she wanted to make a living for the rest of her life. She had gone to college for a couple years, majoring in writing and business. To anyone, she seemed completely content with the way it was going, but truthfully, she’d rather be making a living with something that didn’t involve having to walk around constantly, collecting tips from her tables.
Alex made her way over to a table in front of one of the four big screen TVs, holding a tray with heavy plates of steak and beer bottles. She handed them out and asked if they needed anything, then continued to look over the area she was assigned to. She glanced down at her watch. It was about 8 already, and she was looking forward to closing time, which was when the bar shut down at 11.
“Alex, hun, can you take over table 6? I’ve got my hands full.” A short college girl asked, walking over to Alex holding an extra large tray of plates.
Alex nodded and smiled. “Yeah, sure thing, Holly.” She walked over to her fellow employee’s table.
She got about five feet away when she registered who was sitting in the corner booth. She grinned, relived to see six men spread out all down the seats. She picked up her pace and made her way to the front of the table.
“Hi, I’m the Ruler of All That is Evil, what can I get you tonight?” she smiled and took out her fancy notepad to copy their order.
They all laughed. Billie sat up to look at her face, which seemed a lot brighter now that she saw he was here.
“Hey, how’s work going?” he teased.
“Shitty.” She sighed. “But I get off in a few hours, so I’ll soon be out of this hell-hole.”
“Then you can go home and think about me!” he said a little too excitedly, making her laugh.
“Yeah, yeah. Did you guys tell that other waitress to have me wait this table?” she asked curiously, predicting that the answer was most likely yes.
“Well, Tre gave her his number and twenty bucks to not call the paparazzi and to have you come over and wait our table.”
Alex eyed Tre suspiciously. He showed an overly childish innocent smile. She laughed and looked around the area, making sure her boss wouldn’t find her ‘chatting it up’ with the customers. Sure enough, to her luck, the manager was walking towards Alex, but looking like he was going to another table.
She turned around to look back at Billie, and kept her smile. “So, are you guys going to order drinks or are you guys going to make me stay here and look pretty.”
“Well, you do look pretty, hmmm…” Billie playfull tapped his head with a finger. “But I suppose we should order drinks so the guy that looks like your boss doesn’t fire you.”
All of them ordered, and she was introduced to Ronnie Blake, Jason Freese, and Jason White.
She walked off to go to the bar and tell the tender what drinks were for her table. On her way back, she past Holly, the waitress that gave her Billie’s table.
“Hol, you know who those guys are, right?” Alex whispered as they past each other going down the isle.
Holly’s face lit up. “Yeah! But, Shhh. No one’s supposed to know that they’re here!”
Holly turned and went to a table in the opposite direction.
“You got Tre’s number?” Alex asked playfully to Holly’s back.
Holly pulled a piece of paper out of her back pocket and held it proudly up high in the air without turning around.
Alex smiled and went back to Green Day’s table.
She gave them their drinks and took their orders, and then (as much as she hated to leave the spot where she was standing, which was directly in front of the undercover Billie Joe Armstrong,), she had to go and wait on her other tables.
An hour and a half had past after the guys had been sitting there, and Alex still came over every time she wasn’t carrying a tray full of Coronas. (Well, one of those trays were for Billie’s table.)
She was doing well tonight, meaning that she was making really good tips. She always liked those nights where the wealthy men in town would make bets on the game, and when they won those bets, they’d leave really generous tips. A group of men, all pretty wealthy, had just left her a twenty on one table and a ten on the other. She was certain that would be enough to do a little grocery shopping for her and Jen this week. She was even more happy about tonight because she took notice that the rich, old men at the bar were nearly piss drunk, and on an occasion like this, she was considered unlucky to get anything lower then a fifty. Yes, tonight she was happy about the tips that her and the other waitresses were making.
Alex was relived to hear that she could go on her break when the boss had saw her carrying two trays at one time, while balancing another plate on her elbow, a skill she had picked up after waitressing for a while.
She walked straight over to Billie’s table, which they were sitting at aafter nearly two and a half hours. In about another hour, she’d be able to get off work.
She sat down next to Billie, and snuck a drink of his beer when she was sure no one was looking to get her in trouble.
He put his arm around her shoulders. “Are you almost done?” he whined in her ear.
She sighed. “I still got another hour…” she slouched into his comfortable position if his arm and the booth.
Billie sighed also and took another drink of his beer. “You work too much.”
“Tell me about it.” She said sarcastically and stood up, going to on her unending round of checking on tables.
After work, she headed home, only after being kissed by the man she never thought she'd even get to be a foot away from, Billie. Joe. Armstrong.

*Okay, so I ended in an awkward spot. Like it????