The Correlation Between Peppermint and Eyeliner

Quitting

Hey y'all! I've been writing a lot the past few days! I also posted a new story, that I would appreciate you guys to go to and maybe comment. I've been pretty busy lately, with the Valentines's Day dance coming up rather quickly, and I've been a bit distracte-Hey! look! It's a bunneh rabbit! *points to penguin* Anyways... I hope you guys like where the story is going. I need more suggestions on what to do with the story. Not, ahem, the 's-e-x' word. I'm saving that idea... I need an idea for a conflict. I need something for Billie or her to do that will cause a little disputing. So... Oh, and I also need to know how many people like my cookies instead of my Sexy European Exotic Go Go Dancer, Fifi's. Wait! Don't start reading the chapter yet! I said stop! I see you, you little dude that's scrolling down to read the first paragraph! Don't think I don't know who you are! Okay, so maybe I don't know who you are... Okay, you can go read the chapter now. COMMENT!!! C.O.M.M.E.N.T.!

Part 18:

Alex heard the door of her apartment open and close slowly. She opened her eyes and saw that she was face to face with Billie, who was still asleep.
Alex held her breath and sat up, to make sure it was Jen who had come home at nine o’clock in the morning.
She walked out of her bedroom, and into the kitchen. She saw her best friend, with long, brown hair and green highlights, sitting on the counter, writing something in her date book.
“Morning.” Alex whispered, startling Jen.
“Whoa! Morning!” Jen said excitedly, hence about ten cups of coffee this morning.
“Shhh…Go look in my bed, but promise you won’t scream.” Alex laughed. She knew Jen all to well- if Jen saw someone famous in her house, there was DEFINITELY going to be some type of screaming going on.
Jen looked confused. “Okay?” and she hopped down and walked over to Alex’s bedroom door. Alex watched Jen quietly open the door. Jen’s face was PRICELESS. Her mouth dropped to the ground, and her eyes were very big and childlike.
Jen quickly skipped back to Alex. “Billie Joe Armstrong is-is-is in your bed!”
Alex nodded. “I know!”
“Oh my God! Alex! Why is he here?!”
“Well, we were packing last night and we fell asleep.”
“Oh-wait! Packing?” Jen cocked her head.
“Oh, yeah! Guess what?” Alex bit her lip. “I’m going to California with him!” Just saying those words made Alex want to cry. This was so big for her. It was like, unbelievable because Alex finally had something to keep her going.
“Holy. Shit.” That was all Jen said for about two minuets.
“Holy. Shit.” Alex and Jen both nearly started crying; knowing that this was the last time that they’d have to be inside this horrible, two-bedroom shack apartment with no air-conditioning.
Alex made a pot of coffee, which would probably make it Jen’s tenth. They sat on top of the countertop, and Alex explained the whole situation, and everything that her and Billie had talked about, and just…everything.

Billie woke up inside of Alex’s bed, just now registering where he was. He got up and walked out into the kitchen, where he saw Jen and Alex packing up Alex’s CD’s into a box, listening to “Welcome to Paradise” on the stereo. He stood there, and watched them dance around and sing along, putting things in boxes at the same time.
“Dear mother, can you hear me whinin’?” Alex pranced over to Jen, holding a stack of journals.
“It’s been three whole weeks since that I have left your home.” Jen took the books and handed Alex a stack of CD’s.
“This sudden fear has left- Ah!” Alex began, but as she turned around she found herself face to face with Billie.
“Cause now it seems that I’m out here on my own!” Billie sang along. Alex kissed him on the cheek.
“Mornin’! Hey, what time are we leaving today?” she yelled over the music.
“Uh, I dunno. Why?”
“Cause I gotta go quit my job today! Wooohooo!” she jumped up and down.
“Wooohooo!”

*

A while later after Jen had made breakfast for the three of them, Alex was supposed to go to the diner and work. But instead, she went to quit.
Billie held her hand as they walked into the Iron City Bar and Grill. Alex was excited and nervous about talking to her asshole of a manager. She had always wanted to quit this job, but never could. This was her chance to do something that she was never able to do- tell off her manager.
They walked back to the office, where a very frazzled man was trying to sort of paper work.
“Alex, why aren’t you out there working?” he asked annoyed.
Alex gave him an evil smile. “I’m not working today.” She said pretty snottily.
“Why the hell aren’t you working today?”
“Because,” she looked up at Billie and again at her manager. “I quit this fucking place.”
Her manager looked as if he were going to explode. She marched over to his desk, and set her black waist apron down in front of him. “Here. Make someone else work for me. Today, and tomorrow, and the next day. Because I don’t work at this shithole anymore. You are a worthless son of a bitch, and I hope you die of a Twinkie overdose.” She hissed. This guy had put her threw hell for the passed few years, and she had had all of that bottled up inside for so long.
She turned around and stepped towards Billie, then grabbed his hand. She walked out the door and slammed it shut as hard as she could. Billie looked at her in astonishment.
Finally, she’d be able to get out there in the real world, and make something of herself. And tomorrow, she wouldn’t be working on her birthday.

*

Alex grabbed her duffel bag from out of her room. The walls were so… plain. She couldn’t look up on the ceiling and see Billie’s face on the giant poster, or Tre on the wall above her bed. One poster was still up on the wall (it was glued there when she got it), the one to leave her mark. She looked around at the carpet, and at the walls. Everything was gone, all packed up in boxes for the U-Haul.
Tears swelled up in her eyes. This all seemed like a dream. It was like she was going to wake up soon and find that she had never won those tickets off of the radio, met Billie at Wal-Mart, or danced on stage. It was like she had just imagined kissing Billie for the first time, and playing Monopoly against Tre. But this was real- she really was going to California to live with Billie Joe. And she really was going to make a real living.
Tears came down now, flowing from happiness and relief and sadness. She stood there and stared into space, crying until she felt arms around her waist. She sunk into Billie’s figure, wiping her tears on his shoulder. They stood there for a long while, taking in the moment, until Billie finally spoke.
“Ready?” he whispered in her ear, and kissed her temple.
Alex sniffed. “Yeah.” She turned around, seeing his face less then centimeters apart. She kissed him quick on the lips.
She walked out from his grip and closed her bedroom door for the last time.

*Yeah, so there you go. The next chapter is a long one, so be prepared! I'll most likely update Saturday. Maybe Friday if I'm bored. lol

Here's the link to my new story...

One for the Razorbacks