The Correlation Between Peppermint and Eyeliner

Perfect

See? I told you I'd take a break. I did. And, wooooooph. I needed a break. Now my chapters are gonna be better. Urgh. Wow. I'm tired. Go ahead and read the chapter. It's a little longer. Get a cookie. But I wouldn't eat it if I were you. I've been sick. <3 Make sure you comment.

Part 24

“Alex.” Billie tapped her lightly on the shoulder. “Alex, baby, wake up.”
Alex fluttered her eyes open and looked at him straight in the eye. She smiled. “What state are we in?”
“Florida.” He said casually.
“What!?” she loudly said, now noticing her feet dangling over the side of the futon.
“We’re in California.” He laughed.
“Really? We’re at your house?” she sat up, excited.
“Yeah. We’ll be there in about five minutes.”
She leaned over and went to whisper in his ear, but instead, she licked the side of his face.
He looked at her confused. “Did you just like my face?”
“Nope.” She smiled. “It was an illlllluuuuuuuuuusion.”
“Uh huh.” He wiped his cheek.
Alex watched out her window at all of the big buildings and the big city type shops.
She turned around and looked at him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in to kiss him.
He beat her halfway, and their lips connected.
The bus came to a stop, and Alex immediately spun around to look out the window.
“We’re here!” he said, and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. “Home sweet home.”
Alex walked out with him, and into the asphalt driveway.
“Oh my gee.” She said quickly, stopping dead in her tracks. “I think this is the most ginormous house I’ve ever seen.” She said airily.
She stood there, eyes wide and her jaw hanging to the floor.
“You like it?” he smiled.
“Uh huh.” She nodded. “Which one’s yours?” she quickly whipped her head around to him, gesturing towards the three visible subdivisions of one huge building.
“The middle one.” He pointed. “Ready?”
She grinned. “Hell yes!”
They walked up to the house, and Billie unlocked the door. She took in a deep breath as soon as she saw the door creak open, preparing herself.
She peered in the door that was wide open by the force of Billie.
He took a step in, and she just stood there. Her eyes scanned the deep red walls and the room length leather couch in the next way, over the big screen television and hard wood floor.
“Billie. You have a nice house.” she said almost in shock, feeling like she could burst into tears at any moment, knowing that she was going to be staying here and never going back to the shack apartment. But, she held her tears and supposed she could always cry later, after she’d have seen the rest of the house.
After looking through the kitchen and the bedroom and the rest of the house, Alex and Billie plopped down on his couch.
“So, we have three options.” Billie looked over at her and held back a yawn.
Alex rose her eyebrow.
“One, we could unpack some of your stuff.”
Alex pinched up her nose.
“Two,” Billie thought of a better option. “Go get food, assuming my fridge is empty.”
She considered it. “Does California have Wal-Marts?”
“Yes.” He nodded. “Super Wal-Marts.”
“Mmmkay. What’s the third option?”
“Go to bed.” He laughed.
Alex poked his forehead. “I’ll take door number two.”

*

“So, do you wanna split up and see who can recover the most food in ten minuetes?” Billie asked, pushing Alex a shopping cart.
“Yeah.” She smiled. “Ready?”
He grinned. “It has to be food. And it has to be able to actually eat.”
“Okay, okay, you read my mind.” She positioned herself behind the cart. “Are you ready?”
He nodded. “On your mark. Get set. Go.” And with that, Billie took off heading toward the produce section and Alex started running to the dairy.
Alex ran down the isle with all of the yogurt and the cheese, and grabbed a variety of different foods.

Ten minuets later, they met each other in the middle of the pasta isle.
“So, what all did you get?” Alex asked, peeking over into Billie’s cart.
“A little of this, a little of that.” He pointed to a bunch of different bags of veggies. “You?” he looked in hers.
“Yogurt, milk, cheeeeeeeeeeeeese.” She pointed. But surprisingly, her cart was more filled with just about anything you could think of, from socks to toilet paper. It looked like a supermarket had exploded into her cart.
“And what else is in there?” Billie laughed sarcastically.
“A few more things.” She shrugged. “I figured you’d probably need some other stuff…I think I winned.”
Billie nodded. “Yes, you got the most stuff.”
“Yay!” Alex jumped and did her victory dance.
“What the fuck was that?” Billie laughed.
“My victory dance.” She said proudly.

*

Alex and Billie got back from Wal-Mart and put the groceries away.
“I’m tired.” Alex yawned and leaned against his shoulder.
“Me too.” He kissed her head. “Go to bed?”
“Mmhmm.”
They walked upstairs.
He had a big bed, and it was a maze to get to it from all of the boxes piled in front of it.
But they managed to crawl into bed, but not without having to run and jump over the mote of U-Haul boxes.
Alex sighed when she sunk into the mattress. She let her body relax into Billie’s figure next to hers and closed her eyes.
“Billie,” she said after a silence.
“Hm?”
She took a deep breath. “I miss Texas.”