The Correlation Between Peppermint and Eyeliner

"So now you don't have your clothes?"

*is happy* Hi! Guess what? I'm UPDATING!

Chapter 25

“Billie, how many boxes were there?” Alex asked frantically and worriedly.
“Hm?” he was still asleep.
“Billie, how many fucking boxes were there?” she asked a little louder, practically yelling, but shaky.
“Iunno.” He muffled into the pillow.
“There’s only thirteen boxes. And the paper says there’s supposed to be fifteen.” She said quickly. “I think I may have lost the other two.”
Billie opened his eyes. “How the hell can we have lost two boxes?”
Alex shook her head. “I dunno.”
There was a long pause.
“What was in those boxes?” he asked suspiciously.
“All of my clothes.” She looked at all of the boxes. “All of my fucking clothes.”
He sat up. “Did you look through all of the boxes? And downstairs?”
“I looked everywhere.”
“And so now you don’t have your clothes?” he asked reassuringly.
“That would be correct.” She said quietly.
“Now, we can’t have that, can we?”

*

“Billie, I’m serious. You don’t have to spend your money on me.” Alex said, getting out of the car and stepping into the mall parking lot.
“But I waaaaaaaaant toooooo.” He whined.
“But I said you can’t.”
He pouted. “Whhhhhhhy?”
“Because. You can’t pay for me to replace my clothes.”
“Urgh. Why do you have to be so difficult! Why can’t you just be like all of the other women and take all my money?” he folded his arms.
“Because.” She kissed his cheek. “I’m prettier.”
“Oh, fine.” He unfolded his arms and kissed her back.

“So, where to first?” Billie asked when they walked inside, putting on his face eating sunglasses.
“Uhm, I think Aeropostale.” She looked around. Billie pinched his face.
“The preppy place?”
She nodded. “Yes. But I only go there because their jeans are effing comfortable.”
So they walked down to the Aeropostale.
Alex picked about four pairs of jeans and tried them on. She ended up with all four of them, and Billie insisted on buying them for her, saying that “he was going to be the one looking at her butt all of the time, so he might as well pay for them”.

“You know, I wear eyeliner too,” he said, breaking her from her gaze at the boys sitting on the benches with ‘hair-eating-face’ and eyeliner.
“What?” she looked at him.
He laughed. “Where to next?”
“Oh. Uh, I think Hot Topic.”
“Yay!” he started jumping up and down. “I know my way around that store!”
They started walking towards the escalator to go up a level.

“Y’know, I was thinking.” Alex said as she lifted onto the moving step.
“What was you thinking?” He stepped onto it beside her.
“Well, is it going to be like, weird now, when I listen to Green Day?”
“Like, what do you mean?”
“Like, before, I used to come home and listen to Dookie like everyday after work, and now, I’m living with you, so…yeah.”
He thought about it. “Well, I suppose it would be, er, awkward, but it probably wouldn’t be like, a change that you need to make. I mean, I don’t mind coming home and hearing Longview blasting through my walls, if that’s what you mean.”
“Okay. Yeah. Just wondering.”
They walked off and into the heavenly and homely Hot Topic, oh-so blasted with chained filled pants and scared preps staring at the windows.
“HOME!” Billie yelled and threw his hands in the air.
“Yay!” Alex ran inside and pummeled a kid with a blue hair faux-hawk into a hug. He went stiff and wide-eyed.
“Uh, do I know you?” he asked, looking down at her.
She let him go and took a step back. “Nope. But it’s good to see a familiar face.”
He looked at her confuse. “Didn’t you just say you didn’t know me?”
“Yep. But I just went through a swamp of blonde haired bitches so seeing a person who wouldn’t die if the cheer squad got cut is re-lie-ving.”
“Ah. Gotcha.”
She smiled and turned around to see Billie. But he was too busy looking at the ceiling-high wall of t-shirts.
She walked over to him, and saw that he was talking on his phone.
“Yes. Oakland. And it’s packed safely?…Good…So it’ll be here by…Okay…Yeah…Thanks…Bye.”
Alex gave him a puzzled look. “Who was that?”
“Oh, just a guy about a new amp.” He lied.
“Oh. Okay.” She pondered for a moment, then she looked up at the wall of shirts.
“I want this one,” she ran over and got a The Clash t-shirt. “This one.” She grabbed another with ACDC. “Uhm. This one.” She picked up a KISS shirt. “Oh, and this one.” She handed him the pile, along with a Pink Floyd shirt.
She breathed and looked some more. “Oh, and this one. And this one. Oh, that’s cute.” She handed three more.
“So how many are there?” she pointed to Billie, who had a pile of shirts up to his chin.
“I think eight.”
“Oh. One more.” She looked over and grabbed a Green Day shirt. “Now I’m ready.”
She got those along with a new hat and a pair of Tripp pants. She was going to at least pay for half, but, Billie made her leave so he could pay for it.

“Now I have clothes!” she said, running out into the parking lot, holding two Hot Topic bags.
“Darn. It would’ve been fine with me if you ran around in your birthday suit all the time, but okay.” He laughed.
She sat in the passenger seat and shut the door. He started the car and the radio flared.
Reflex, Alex started singing to the song playing.
“I’m the new cancer! I never looked better. And you can’t stand it. Because you say so under your breath. You’re reading lips, “When did he get all confident?””
She bounced up and down in her seat.
“I was going to ask you if you wanted some coffee, but,” he looked down at her. “It seems like you don’t need it.”
Her eyes got huge. It was amazing how she could change her face from looking mature to a four year old in a matter of a split second.
“But you know what I do need?”
“What’s that?”
“Ice cream.” She nodded and got really hyper. “Ice cream, ice cream, ice cream.”
He laughed. “Ooookay. We can stop by the ice cream stand.”

*

So, the day ended. Pretty boringly. Well, only if you think that going to the ice cream stand and having to run as fast as you possibly could, while trying to keep your ice cream from falling off of the cone, in attempt to escape the fifty-something twelve year olds chasing you is boring.

Billie could hardly stand it. He had to force himself not to burst out and tell Alex what was coming, as it got even worse when she thought she was alone and so she went down to Blue’s room, where he kept all of his guitars and nearly started crying.
Oh, man, was he trying his absolute best to try and sleep, consciously knowing that tomorrow was the day it was all going to change.

*AH!