The Correlation Between Peppermint and Eyeliner

Good Karma/She's A Rebel/Fireworks

*I just want to say--- Thank you sooooo soooo much for commenting! It really encourages me to write and it helps my mind function. And it makes my heart feel all mushy when I know that someone out there is reading my story and liking it.
I hope you guys like this chapter! It's pretty awsome! I'm proud of it myself. But before I let you read this, I'm going to say something- if you think that things are happening too fast, let me know. If it's okay, let me know.
xx Thanks! oo

Part 4: Good Karma/ She’s a Rebel/ Fireworks

This room was so big it was overwhelming, causing Alex to gasp in disbelief. She saw the long, red couch and the island bar, the big clock on the dim lit walls.
Tre was yelling and screaming coming off the stage, getting marvelous response from the audience. The yells became louder and closer and before Alex could soaked it all in, Billie looked back and carefully pulled her a few steps to the left so she would avoid being trampled by the maniac. A fast wisp of air passed the two of them as a flappity Tre ran passed and belly-flopped onto the couch. Billie and Mike looked as though this was a regular thing and was no surprise to them, but Alex found this very funny and giggled. Billie loved it, her laugh. He watched her smile form with her lips, the corners going up and her lip-gloss glistening in the faint light of the room.
He felt the thirst inside of himself and looked around to find the water bottles that had been promised. He spotted them, all piled in the open cooler on the island. Breaking away from Alex’s side, he walked over to grab some.
He went to the counter top and picked up 2 cold and wet water bottles. He walked back over to Alex, who was still studying the lounge. Stepping beside her, she looked back at him.
She was face to face, AGAIN, with Billie Joe Armstrong. She must’ve done something good to deserve this… whatever it was, karma ruled.
Billie held out one of the bottles up to her. She blindly took it. For a second she thought she was going to have an anxiety, panic and heart attack all at the same time.
Meanwhile Tre and Mike were carrying a quiet conversation across the room.
“What the hell do you think is up with him?” Tre whispered to Mike, hoping Billie wouldn’t use his lip-reading powers to eavesdrop.
“I think that was the woman he was talking about on the bus.” Mike suggested.
“I dunno… She’s hot, though.” Tre’s comment made Mike laugh.
“I wonder if he’s going to invite her back to the-“
“Shhh… I can’t hear what he’s saying!” Tre shushed him when Billie finally said something to Alex.
“So… You looked like you had fun,” Billie said and he took a sip of his water.
“Yeah… I…” Alex looked back at the thought of herself jumping all over the stage. “Thanks. I needed to blow off energy somehow.” She continued.
“You’re welcome, and I know the feeling.” He nodded.
Tre walked over to the two of them. “Hey, you ready?” he asked Billie.
“Yeah, I mean, if you guys are.” Billie got excited. “Oh, duh, how rude of me… Tre, this is Alex.” Billie introduced.
Alex’s smile was so big it looked like she had undergone more than a few pounds of pot.
“Hey.” Tre greeted.
“Hey.” She nervously said as she bit her lip trying to hold back her screams of ebullience.
Mike walked up to them and waved. “I suppose you already know who I am.” Mike held out his hand.
“Uh, yeah, I’m, ah, Alex.” She took his hand and shook it.
Oh, my God! I just shook Mike’s hand. Am I dead? Seriously, I mean, if I’m dead, give me a sign or something! Alex thought herself.
Tre jumped up and down screaming and obviously wanted to go back out there.
Okay, that’ll do. She sarcastically reasoned with her thoughts.
“Hey, Alex, you wanna go back out there?” Billie asked her, knowing she’d probably say yes.
“Uh, yeah!” Exhilaration was in Alex’s voice.
“I think everyone liked the flips.” He commented.
“Yeah, well, 6 years of gymnastics and this is what I use them for,” she shrugged, making the three of them chuckle.
“I can’t wait no more!” Tre blurted out and ran out to the stage. They could tell when he was out there by the sudden uproar of cheers in the crowd.
“Well, I guess we better go… Tre needs supervision at all times… We don’t want another unicycle accident.” Billie smiled.
Alex laughed and Billie reached over to the middle of her warm back again, glancing at her for approval. She put down her water bottle on the counter that was near to them and took a step with Billie, answering his silent “Ready”.
As they walked down the dark curtain-surrounded hallway, Billie could feel her tensing in excitement.
The stage was just as they left it, but Tre was running around the stage, giving high-fives to the front row.
The nervousness returned in Alex’s veins when she saw everyone again. Billie drifted his hand away from her back and picked up his guitar. Mike was doing the same across the stage.
She was once again left in the middle of the stage and speechless, modeless. Billie looked at her standing there. He tried to imagine her feeling of stage fright, but found it was probably almost unimaginable. He walked over to her with his guitar wrapped around his body. He got near to the side of her face, smelling the scent on her again, which was a unique peppermint.
“It helps if you imagine them in their underwear,” Billie whispered in her ear, giving her chills down her spine. Alex snickered to herself and turned her head, leaving them less than centimeters apart.
Here we go again…Alex thought to herself. But honestly, she would stay her forever if it were possible.
Billie gazed into her eyes. Looking at them made him want to do something drastic. But, he didn’t want to make a bad impression in front of her.
He needed to continue the concert. He gently kissed her forehead and turned around to go back to the mic, where he’d do what he was supposed to do. But if it were his choice, he’d stop and mount her then and there, but honestly, that wasn’t who he really was.
Alex was still amazed. This night was so surreal. She met Billie Joe at Wal-Mart, danced on stage, went backstage, and got kissed. Well, sort of.
Welcome to Paradise started without warning and Alex felt the same adrenaline in her body as the last time she was in this spot. She thought about it for a second, and thought she’d start out with something to send people gasping.
She took off running in her converse, throwing herself foreword for a front flip. She quickly did 2 flips after the first, and pulled it together in a front handspring tuck. She was right; people did gasp a little, and Billie looked quite amazed himself.
More running and extravagant flips continued through the next five or six songs, and Billie counted them in his head. The time slot for the stage was much shorter than usual, giving them only about an hour and a half to two hours to do the whole show. With the late start and the water break, the next song would have to be the last.
It was his turn to do the next song, and Billie couldn’t think of any on the spot. He decided he’d ask Alex if she’d have a song.
He walked back over to Alex, who was barely out of breath, even after going through many routines.
“Do you have any songs you want us to play?” he asked her when he got to her. She thought about it.
“Ummm….” She tried to make a decision. “She’s a Rebel.”
Billie nodded. “Yup, we can do that.” He walked back over to the mic and turned around to tell the boys what song.
The song began, and thrill was filling Alex from head to toe. This time she ran over to Billie, jumping and dancing all around him. Billie enjoyed it, and he even jumped up and down along with her.
The peppermint scent was flowing all around him; it made him a bit dizzy.
After the She’s a Rebel’s, the last quick two beats hit. As soon as those strikes, Billie quickly turned his head too fast for her to realize what was happening and immediately pushed his lips up against hers.
The fireworks in her heart went off as their lips touched, making her light headed. He gently pulled away smiling, and saw the expression on her face. She was surprised, overwhelmed, light headed, dizzy, excited and many more feelings she couldn’t mentally list. They stared at each other and the red curtain began to enclose, separating them from the crowd again.
They stood there in that spot and had yet another starring contest. The stage was disclosed from the stage, leaving the four of them in their positions, like a frozen picture. Mike and Tre were watching what had just occurred like it was a soap opera.
Finally the stage manager ran out onto the stage and called them off, shooing them off of the stage.
Billie did like he had twice before, putting his hand on her spine. She felt comfortable walking to the lounge, now knowing what to expect.
When they got back offstage, Alex drank the water that she had opened before.
“So, Alex… Do you wanna go back to the bus with us?” Tre yelled when he threw his drumsticks in the air, catching them with his hands.
“Um, if it’s okay,” she looked towards Billie.
“Yeah, yeah, it’s fine!” Billie excitedly said.

Updates soon, I promise! *crosses fingers in faces*