The Correlation Between Peppermint and Eyeliner

Waiting

Part 5: Waiting

When the four of them were situated, they decided that Alex would follow them in Billie’s car to the bus.
Billie seemed surprised when they got out to the parking lot and saw Alex’s cherry red 1969 Volkswagen beetle.
“Awesome ride,” Billie said and pointed to the car.
Alex reached for her keys. “Oh, thanks.”
She opened the door and sat in, and the smell of peppermint flowed from the car.
“So follow the old, beat up blue car to the scary abandoned parking lot.” He told her.
“Okay… abandoned parking lot?”
“Tre’s idea…” Billie shrugged.
She put the two figments together. “Oh, of course…”

As Alex pulled into the parking lot behind Billie’s car, she saw an oversized RV parked crooked across the black top. She parked her own car and walked up to Billie, who lightly put his hand on her shoulder.
“Here we are, home sweet home…” Billie pointed out and stood before the black and chrome bus.
“Hmmm… seems, err, nice.” She said nervously.
They walked up the steps and into the bus, which was actually bigger than it seemed. A fair amount of space was between the two futons, a really small way leading to the ‘bedroom’, which appeared to have an air mattress and a bunk bed.
Alex sat down on the green futon, and Billie sat next to her.
“Alex, you wanna beer?” Tre asked from the mini fridge just feet away.
“Yeah, thanks.”
She took one and opened it, drinking along with the three guys.

As the night carried on, a few hours passed and they all talked. Tre told horrid stories of ex-girlfriends and jokes, Mike did impressions and Billie was his self, being random and obvious.
They asked Alex if she wanted to stay over, and she, of course, accepted. After that was established, Tre and Mike decided that they were ‘beat’ and headed to bed. Billie agreed and gave Alex a shirt of his to wear to sleep.
“Are you sure, Billie, I mean I can sleep in my clothes.” She offered.
“No, no, seriously. You probably would feel more comfortable in this anyway.” And he tossed her a long black button up shirt of his.
Billie playfully covered his eyes with his hands. “I won’t look,” he said, and she turned around the other way and slid off her shirt. She slipped on his.
“Oopps. I looked.” He childishly said, smiling and she giggled quietly.
She was down to just his shirt and her boycut panties, but luckily the shirt came down to her knees.
Billie stretched. “Well, I’ll see you in the morning, then.” He said, and leaned over to kiss her forehead.
“Billie,” she said. “Thanks…”
He looked over at her. “No problem…” he whispered and gave her eyes another look.
He walked to the room where the bed was. When Billie turned the light out, Alex reached into the pocket in her pants that were on the floor. She thought she’d let Jen know she wasn’t coming home tonight. She got ready to type, and she took out the multiple ponytails that were halfway fallen out. Her fragrant dark red hair flowed down on her shoulders and came down below her chest. The softness of it was smooth in her hands as she ran her fingers through it, and she went to create a text message.
Text messaging became a habit for both Alex and her best friend Jen, who figured they could probably type 20 words a minute to each other.
Alex- Hey r u there?
Jen- Ya Where r u?
Alex- in a bus
Jen- Wat?
Alex- THE bus
Jen- u mean THE bus? The GD bus?
Alex- Yep
Jen- OMFG
Jen- lucky bitch
Alex- LOL
Alex- I wish u were here
Jen- me 2!
Alex- Im stayin over nite here
Jen- omg
Jen- do u like billie? Now that u no him
Alex- I think so. Hope so
“I hope so too.” Billie’s voice whispered in her ear, startling her. He appeared to be over reading her conversation.
Alex- g2g
Jen- no sex
Alex- y
Jen- cuz if I cant be there, no sex till I am
Alex- LOL
Billie sat down, intrigued with the talk between them.
Alex- ill call u 2marro
Jen- ok cya
Alex closed her flip phone and looked at Billie.
“So, who’s Jen?” he asked.
“My best friend. We live together.”
Billie nodded. He looked at the cell phone in Alex’s hand. She handed it to him, and he flipped it open, reading the previous conversation. Alex didn’t mind this; she just rested her head on his shoulder. He pulled his arm up and put it around her neck. He came to the conclusion that the peppermint smell was from her shampoo, which smelled so brisk it made him feel like he was in Winter Wonderland.
As he sat and smiled reading the text message conversation, Alex could feel her eyelids getting heavier and became more tired by the minute. Billie felt so also, and saw that she was almost asleep. He held her carefully and he laid down on his side on the futon, resting her beside him. He felt comfortable; like this was the place he wanted to stay. Here with her, forever.

Sorry, it's kinda short. Update soon, I promise!