The Correlation Between Peppermint and Eyeliner

Extraordinary Girl

Part 6: Extraordinary Girl

The sun brightly shined over Billie’s eyes, which made them open slightly. But he was quickly startled by the two sets of eyes peering at them and his eyes quickly shot open.
“Mornin’ sunshine!” Tre greeted from the other futon. “Sleep good?”
Billie groaned. He realized that Alex was still lying beside him, asleep.
He yawned and slowly sat up, trying to figure a way out of this position. He contemplated on a strategy. He sat up all the way and tried to get to his feet so he could step over Alex and onto the floor.
He managed to get off of the futon, his head almost touching the ceiling, and looked back at her. She looked peaceful, with a slight smile on her face. Her eyeliner was smeared and her hair was scattered around her, which almost made her look so scary that she was beautiful.
He stood and looked at her, and reached over to brush away the stray hair lying across her face. He stretched and yawned again, and walked over to the ‘bathroom’.
He ignored his messy black hair and his night-before eyeliner and just changed his shirt. He stepped out and found Tre and Mike, still fascinated with the sleeping Alex. Billie laughed. It was like Tre had never seen a woman sleep before.
“Do we look that beautiful when we sleep?” Billie whispered. Tre and Mike looked over at Billie in surprise. Billie Joe just said something so incredibly sappy that it was almost unbelievable.
He grabbed his huge dark sunglasses and put on his sweatshirt. “I’ll be back in a little while.” He said as he opened the door. Tre and Mike were still starring at Alex. Billie rolled his eyes and stepped out into the chilly morning air of the parking lot. He got into his car, and drove off onto the street. He drove down the highway until he got to the nearest Starbucks. Caffeine became a need for the three of them since they let go of all of the drugs.
He walked into the small building and the smell of coffee greeted his senses immediately. Billie ordered 4 iced coffees and an order of large cinnamon rolls.
Meanwhile Back at the Bus:
Alex was still sleeping, when she awoke to a familiar loud ring. Unaware that Mike and Tre were starring at her, she reached down on the floor for her cell phone. Trying not to break away from her sleep, she kept her eyes closed.
“F**k, Jen! I was dreaming about Billie!” she muttered loudly to herself, picking up the cell phone. Her eyes still closed, she didn’t look at who it was and opened the phone anyway.
“Uh, hello?” she answered groggily.
“Oh, my God!” a loud shriek came from the other end.
“Jen, I’m sleeping.”
“Oh, sorry. But I mean! You and Billie and Mike and Tre and-“
”Jen! I know!”
Her eyes were still closed, trying to concentrate on not waking up. Tre and Mike’s eyes on her, trying to listen to the conversation.
“Did you sleep with him?” Jen asked, leaving Alex to answer quickly and a little aggravated.
“No, Jen! I didn’t sleep with him!” she sleepily shouted, getting aggravated.
“Why not?”
Alex laughed at her friend’s weird sense of humor. Her eyes finally opened and she found that Billie wasn’t sleeping beside her, and Tre and Mike snickering across from her. She looked over at them and laughed in slight embarrassment.
“Jen, uh, I gotta go. I’ll call you later. I promise.”
“Is he there, with you?” Jen excitedly asked. Alex thought of an answer that would make her friend scream.
“Nope. Tre and Mike are.”
Alex was right- Jen screamed and Alex smiled at the thought of her friend jumping up and down.
“Seriously. I’ll call you later.” And Alex closed the phone and smiled at the two guys fascinated with her exhilarated conversation with Jen.
Alex sat up, rubbing her face and putting the messy hair behind her ear. She yawned and looked around. “Where’s Billie?”
“The monsters ate him.” Tre said immaturely.
“What?”
“I think he went to go get coffee.” Mike added before Tre could say something else.
When Billie Got Back:::
When Billie got outside the bus with the coffee and rolls, he walked up to the steps and immediately heard Alex laughing. He opened the door as quietly as possible, trying not to interrupt so he would get a glimpse of her smile again. She was curled up in a blanket on the futon, smiling and giggling. He adored it. Seeing her smile made his heart flop and his head dizzy.
He decided he’d better go inside, mainly because the coffee and cinnamon rolls smelled so good he could hardly stand it. He opened the door all the way and walked in, hearing the last words of Tre’s punch line.
“I’ve got drugs!” Billie shouted and raised the coffee. The three of them looked at him like he was crazy. “I mean, er, coffee.”
He walked over to Alex and handed her the cup, sat down beside her on the futon and set the rolls on the blue carpet floor. Tre hurried down to get a roll from the box, but Billie, still bent over, smacked his hand before he could open it.
“Hey, shitwad, ladies first.” He said extremely childishly, making the others laugh. Alex took this as a compliment and leaned over, causing the blanket to flip over onto her head. She giggled and grabbed a warm, flaky cinnamon roll. She brought it up with her and curled back up into the blanket. She smelled her coffee, and then took a sip, closing her eyes in pleasure. The guys were staring clear at her, and she opened her eyes.
“What?” she asked, seeing as though they were studying her like something that they’d never seen before.
They shook their heads. “Nothing,” they answered airily.
Through this awkward but comfortable breakfast, Tre told more jokes, Mike and Billie were just, well, themselves.
But what made Alex feel good inside about all of this was that she was herself the whole time, not being anyone they expected her to be, and they accepted her and let her in, for who she was.
She got so comfortable that she even began making jokes herself, which they really thought were funny, and not pretending.

Two o’clock rolled around and Alex realized she should get going, although she really wanted to stay.
“Well, guys, I gotta go.” She shrugged and got off the futon, stretching and reaching down for her pants.
“Awww, seriously?” Tre got his puppy-dog eyes out.
“Yeah… sorry. I’ve gotta get a shower, and call Jen, and feed Poprocks and Coke and-” sliding on her pants in front of them as she very quickly listed her mental to do list and thought out loud before Mike lightly interrupted her.
”Who?” He smiled.
”Oh, uh, my cats, Poprocks and Coke…” she explained. “I’m not a stalker, I swear.”
They laughed at her last comment. Billie stood up in front of her. “I’ll drive you,”
“Umm, yeah. Okay.” She reasoned. Alex took a few steps to the door, and waved to Mike and Tre. They said their good-byes and see-ya-laters, and she walked outside.
In the sunlit parking lot was a very badly parked Blue car. Billie skipped over to the passenger side, dancing and jumping on the way making her laugh. He opened the door and she sat inside, sinking into the soft seat. He got into the other side, shutting the door and putting the key into the ignition at the same time. The car started with a vintage roar, and Billie drove towards the street.
“So, where do you live?” he asked as he pulled out of the parking lot.
“Oh, uh, down on East 12th Street.” She nervously said and pointed to the right. “Seriously, don’t think I’m a stalker.” She added.
Billie mentally laughed to himself. It began to seem like the names of his songs were popping out everywhere.
“Seriously, you’re too cute to be a stalker.” He flirted, and he drove down the street she pointed out.

*OMG That's one of my favorite chapters... It kinda didn't get us anywhere, but the next chapter will have you screaming. Literally.
I realllly want to thank you guys for "totally subscribing" and saying nice things. Hmmmm... I love you guys! *hugs* lol