Status: currently active

Swaying in the Summer Breeze

chapter two.

I hastily dialed the number, my heart skipping more than two beats at a time. I don’t think I’ve ever been so nervous to talk to a boy. After a few short rings, which felt like an eternity, he picked up.

“Hello?” I heard Craig’s raspy, yet drowsy, voice from the other line. I checked the clock to see it read 11:56 P.M.

“Hey Craig, it’s Sumer. I didn’t realize the time, I apologize if you were asleep.” I replied quickly.

His voice immediately perked up, “no, I wasn’t asleep.” He said, but I was convinced otherwise. “I’m so glad you called.”

I giggled, “sorry it took a while.” I don’t think I could amount up the courage to tell him I was too shy or too nervous.

“It’s fine. I’m sure you had to have time to think over my offer.” I could physically hear the smile plastered on his face as he spoke. Cute, I thought as I started pacing around my bedroom before deciding to plop down onto my bed. “Have you decided to take me up on my offer and join me for an evening that will definitely brighten your day?”

At this point, I couldn’t stop smiling. He sounded so mischievous and bad. And I’ve always had a thing for bad boys. “Yes, I have decided to accompany you for this night. What harm can it do?”

“Great. How about this tomorrow night? I can pick you up at seven.”

“Sounds good to me. This isn’t anything formal, right? Do I have to dress up real fancy?” I questioned.

He laughed before talking, “wear whatever you think is appropriate.”

“Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow at seven, then.” I replied.

“Goodnight Sumer, I can’t wait to see you,” Craig said sweetly.

“Night.”

The call ended, but I couldn’t stop staring at my phone. I’m going on a date.. With this, fucking rock star. Maybe Luna was right, this would be good for me.

-

I pulled on my leather jacket as soon as I got the text that read “I’m here.” I shoved my phone in my black clutch. I tried not to dress too fancy. I took one last look in the mirror, just to check if there was anything that needed to be fixed. As far as I’m concerned, I actually look pretty decent tonight. My dark brown hair was cascading down my back, with some bobby pins holding my bangs out of my face. I had on a bit of eyeliner and mascara, with a peach lipstick to finish off my makeup. Other than my leather jacket, my torso was accompanied by a lace up, black corset with a Beetlejuice skirt that was shorter in the front than in the back and solid black leggings. Finally, my black combat boots completed my look. I sighed with satisfaction before deciding against making Craig wait any longer.

I walked down the concrete steps, exciting for where this evening was going to go. When I reached his car, he was leaned against his car door on his phone. I stood there, waiting for him to look up, but he was so caught up in what he was doing, he was oblivious to my presence. He looked really nice. He was wearing black skinny jeans, with a white button up and a black vest.. He even had his hair combed to stay flat. I cleared my throat a little to finally gain his acknowledgement.

“Sorry, I was just replying to fans.” As he smiled at me, I noticed he had a thin rim of eyeliner around his eyes, making them glow. “You look gorgeous, Sumer.”

I felt my cheeks heat up as they flushed a rose color, “you don’t look so bad yourself.” I smiled, getting a nod in return.

“My lady,” he gestured to the passenger door as he opened it. I let out a giggle in response before climbing in. He shut my door and walked to the driver’s side.

I crossed my legs as a nervous habit of mine. Butterflies were erupting in my stomach. I couldn’t help but think “why is this happening?” I’ve never gotten nervous like this. I couldn’t decide if I liked it or not. Once he got in, he put the key in the ignition and drove off. He had music from Octane flowing throughout the car. I saw that it was a song that I didn’t recognize, then I read the artist: Escape The Fate.

“May I?” I directed my interest towards the radio.

“Yeah, no problem. Hey, that’s my band! Fuck yeah, turn that shit up,” he smiled with pride..

I obeyed and turned up the volume, a grin littering my face. He was singing along to his own song, and I couldn’t deny that they were good. They were fantastic. I found myself tapping my foot to the beat.

“And I’m not the reason that you’re insane!” He sang loudly as he looked over at me. When he kept singing, he was keeping my mind wonder if he was paying attention to the road or not.

When the song went off, he turned it down, “did you like it?”

“Yeah, that sounds really good.” I complimented.

He smiled at me, keeping one hand on the wheel. “Thanks.”

“Where are we going, exactly?” My voice was rather quiet.

“One of my favorite restaurants here and then back to my place for a movie, if you’re open to that?” He said in almost a question.

I gave him a warm smile, “I’m okay with that.”

The rest of the drive was pretty much silent other than the bands that played. He would turn it up on certain bands but turn it back down as soon as the song was over. It wasn’t long before we pulled into a parking spot at Sushi Gen. I’m glad I’m one of those few people who likes sushi.

“I hope you like sushi,” he laughed.

“I love sushi. No one I know likes it, though.” I replied, getting out of the car.

“Well, now you know someone,” he grabbed my hand and laced his finger with mine. A blush crept on my cheeks at the gesture.

We walked like that, hand in hand, into the restaurant until we were seated. The waitress was super nice as she took our drink orders. When she came back with our drinks, we ordered our food. The night proceded just like any other normal date would. It was kind of awkward at first, but once he started asking questions, it got more comfortable for me. I could tell he’s open around new people. He told me about Leila, his ex-girlfriend, his parents, his childhood, and that was just before we got our food.

Once the waitress set our plates down, we dug in. I tried eating with chopsticks, but luck wasn’t on my side. I couldn’t keep the sushi between the sticks for anything. I’ve always been bad at this.

Craig started laughing, “watch this.” He said.

He picked up the chopsticks and started eating with ease. He made me look like a fool. He grinned, “it’s easy.”

“Oh, whatever.” I laughed before picking up a fork.

We had more conversations about his band and family, as I told him about mine, too. Even after we ate, we stayed seating for at least two more hours. I knew we were going to his house later, but I wanted as much time as I could get with him. He actually made me happy. And that is something people rarely do.

“Ready to go back to my place?” He asked, a keen look in his eyes that didn’t go unnoticed.

I nodded before standing up and stretching. I slid my chair up and left a few dollars on the table for the waitress. After he paid, I combined my hand with his, earning a look of satisfaction. He opened the car door for me, just like he did when he picked me up, and allowed me to climb in.

The ride was silent, but it wasn’t awkward. It was a comfortable silence. Craig had his fingers intertwined with my own and he was rubbing my hand with his thumb. He made sure to keep a firm grip on the wheel with his other hand, though. My mind raced, as well as the butterflies in my stomach, at the thought of how it was going to be like in his house.

I opened the door for myself this time after we had parked the car in his garage. He led me up the steps and in his house. Which was incredibly large and beautiful, I might add.

“You have a beautiful house.” I stated in awe.

He showed his perfect teeth again, “Thanks. You can just lay your jacket on the couch if you want.”

I nodded as I slithered out of the comfort of the warm jacket. I placed it on the back of the couch. Craig took his vest off and threw it into the nearby chair and walked over to the movie stand that was loaded with several movies that included Disney, horror, action, anything you could think of.

“What movie would you like to watch?” He clasped his hands together and turned to face me. “Wait- how about you come pick the movie and I’ll get us some wine.”

I simply nodded as he walked into the kitchen. I strode over to the movies and began my hunt for the perfect movie. I spotted Star Wars and instantly knew my choice. I pulled out the very first Star Wars movie and placed it on the table for him to put in. I didn’t want to break anything so I didn’t bother trying to put it in. He came back into the living room with two wine glasses filled with red wine.

“Did you pick a movie?” He asked, handing me the glass.

I took a sip and nodded, “yeah, I set it on the table there.” I pointed.

He set his drink down before grabbing the movie, “good choice. One of my favorites.” He smiled.

“Mine too.”

He put the DVD in and settled on the couch. Craig patted the spot next to him, offering me a seat. Slipping my shoes off, I sat beside him, his body radiating the heat my body craved. I couldn’t help myself as I leaned closer. I softened as he put his arm around my shoulders.

-

As the credits started to roll, I checked the time. My phone read 12:26. “Shit, it’s late. I should probably head home.” I said wiping my face.

Craig pulled me closer to him; so close that I could feel his breath on my face. I could feel my heart start racing as I searched his soft eyes, finding them filled with desire. He pressed his forehead to mine. “You don’t have to go.”

My stomach erupted with thousands of butterflies. “I- I probably should.” I tried to say, but I stumbled over my words. Craig shook his head.

The space between us was slowly getting eliminated little by little. My breath hitched in my throat as his lips pressed against my own. My insides began to flip around and get tied in knots; at least that’s what it felt like. His lips were soft and sweet, just like the wine. It pulled me in more. He kissed so passionately, but I could practically taste the lust. I had to admit, it turned me on more than you can imagine. I wanted him just as bad. His hand found it’s way entangled in my hair as I had my arms placed around his neck. I leaned closer to his touch, if that were possible. His tongue fought it’s way inside my mouth. It wasn’t much of a fight on my side, though.

Our tongues wrestled for a while until he pulled away. His eyes had grown darker and his tone was a little more rough, as a smirk was growing on his perfectly sculpted face. “Come with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, this took a while, but.. i was trying to lengthen it and lengthen it.
but here it is, and i will be updating my Chris Motionless story, 'Love Never Fades' soon. so go check that out if you haven't already. i would greatly appreciate it.
until next time!
Savannah.