Status: :3

In the Dark

.02

Every constant minute scared me. It worries me that I’m unaware of my surroundings. I’m scared of my own environment in my own apartment.

Nothing’s changed, I still can’t see. I thought change was supposed to be made.
I stumbled over the dog once again, my arms immediately spread out and my body remained still.

“It’s okay mom,” Kayla’s voice calmed me. Her tiny hand intertwined with mine.

“I’m sorry Kayla.” This is the thirtieth time I’d apologized to her. Today in school was her Thanksgiving party for her class and she had to miss it for me, to help me go to the doctors.

“Stop, it’s fine.” The tune in her voice made it feel like it wasn’t fine, nothing was fine. Nothing will ever be fine.

She, and the useless dog, continued to guide me into the office.

“There she is! We were just wondering where you were.” I recognized the doctor’s loud voice, but who’s ‘we’? I shifted my head around with curiosity, which was a stupid move knowing that my sight is gone.

“Over here.” The doctor’s voice led me towards him. “What’s the issue Miss.Matthews?”

I groaned, “You’re not going to take me to the back room?”

“You, I, and the registered nurse are the only ones in here.”

I nodded.

“This isn’t working out. This dog isn’t much help, my vision isn’t getting better.”

“Oh, is your little helper being useful?” He asked.

“She six, she shouldn’t have to help me. She should be able to play with other kids, go to school parties, enjoying her childhood.” I felt teary as I told him that, I’m ruining her childhood.

“I tell her to stop.” Kayla said, but was ignored.

“What about Millie, you guys talk yet?” The questions continued.

“Nope, and I don’t plan on it.” My arms crossed over my chest.

“Well I have an idea, and this should work. Why don’t you turn around and shake hands with Mr.Horan who will be helping you out.”

I whipped around, nearly getting knocked ever by how close he was and I was unknown about this. The man’s grip caught me.

Minty breath and a great aroma from his cologne were very pleasant.

“Well hello there Allison Matthews, I am Niall Horan.” His accent sang in my ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is Kayla

the little girl Keenan and Allison found on the street, you'll find out more about her.