Loved You Then

henry

"We were both young when I first saw you, I close my eyes and the flashback starts I'm standing there."

2003

I remember how I first met her. I was a fresh-faced nineteen-year-old. She was a beautiful eighteen-year-old. Our fathers were meeting each other for the first time in years. I stood behind my dad, while she stood behind hers.

I swear I saw her pink lips curl into a smile the second we saw each other. While standing in the shadows of our fathers, we made eye contact that took me away. She quickly looked down to the floor and I felt a blush creep up to my cheeks.

"This is Harry." Dad put his arm around my shoulders and shook me a bit. I shook the man's hand. "William is at training today."

"Oh, that's quite alright," said Mr. Sheehan, the man. "This is my lovely daughter, Abigail."

She smiled at me. I felt a blush spread across my whole face once again. Her father introduced the woman behind her. It was her sister Lottie. They both looked almost exactly alike, even though they are eight years apart.

Apparently, my father and this man have been friends for years. He told us they met at university, and have been best friends ever since. He told me they were going to have a drink, and to keep Abigail company.

"So, how is it being royal?" she asked. Her voice was soft and sweet. It was...sexy.

"It's alright, I guess," I said with a shrug. We walked down the vintage hallway of the palace, me saying hello to all the servants and guards we passed on the way to my bedroom.

"So this is your room?" she asked as we walked into the room I've known all my life.

"Yep. This is where all the magic happens."

She tilted her head to the side. "I'm kidding," I said.

She smiled and sat down in my brown leather desk chair. She looked through all my CD's, pointing at the Queen's Greatest Hits album.

"You listen to Queen too?"

"Yeah, William got me into them."

I sat down on my king-sized bed and took a deep breath. I had a girl in my bedroom. A pretty girl. I quickly shook off all nasty thoughts and looked across the room at her.

"Did you know dog's mouths are cleaner than human's?" I blurted out. I mentally slapped myself at how completely idiotic that sounded. Abigail giggled, which made me take a breath of relief.

"You're cute, did you know that?" She looked at me and smiled. I could feel my heart melt.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wish Cory Monteith didn't die.

Comment|Subscribe|Recommend