Loved You Then

henry

"And I'd be smart to walk away, but you're quicksand..."
2005

Techno music blared throughout the small house we were in. We knew no one would call the cops on us, since the area that surrounded the residence was nothing but fields for miles. South Africa was nice, but I was ready to go home.

"Hey, Harry, where's Abigail?" Rupert, one of my best friends, asked.

"She's home in England. Celebrating Christmas with her family," I told him. He was obviously drunk, so he nodded and stumbled away quickly.

The song changed and the crowd got louder and louder. I swear, there were at least 500 people here. I pushed through people, trying to find the door to go outside. People were smoking, so the haze in the air made it hard to see.

"Harry!" I heard someone yell. I looked around, trying to find where the voice came from and who yelled my name. I found my friend, Nathan, walking toward me, waving his arm. A pretty blonde girl, who I'm assuming is his girlfriend, trailed behind him.

I pointed out the door. Pushing through couples kissing, people dancing, and drunks, I finally made it outside. Surprisingly, there were no paparazzi around.

Nathan and the girl followed me. When we got to the back of the house, he told me who this girl was.

"Harry, this is Chelsy. She's one of my sisters friends," he said.

"Hi," she said. We shook hands, and Nathan patted me on the back. After few seconds of an awkward silence, he scurried away back into the house, leaving Chelsy and me outside.

"So, you are a prince?" Chelsy asked.

I nodded, and suddenly felt my heart rate increase. "Y-yeah." I stuttered. I mentally slapped myself.

"You're cute," she said. This reminded me of when I first met Abigail, and how she said the exact same thing. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Without thinking, I blurted out, "Nope. I'm single."

Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm lovestruck and looking out the window.
Comment|Recommend|Subscribe