Loved You Then

Abigail

"And I guess we fell apart in the usual way..."
"We're over," I said, tears falling down my face. I sat down on the leather couch, holding my head in my hands, sobbing uncontrollably. Harry sat down next to me and put his arm around me. I pushed him away and stood up, quickly exiting the den and upstairs to my bedroom.

A few moments later, there was a faint knocking at the door. I didn't say anything as the knocking continued. I dried my tears as I changed out of my nice clothes and into a pair of yoga leggings and New England Patriots t-shirt. As I was putting my straight blonde hair into a ponytail, my door opened.

The ginger-haired boy who I've grown to love these past few years stood before me. He was looking down at the floor, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I love you, and I want you to know I'm so-"

I interrupted him. "You're not sorry, Harry. You wouldn't have cheated if you were."

I removed all of my makeup and put on my shoes. Grabbing my things, I walked past him, out of my bedroom.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked, following me down the hall.

I kept walking fast, trying to get away from him.

"If you cared about me, Harry, you would remember I have practice for Les Mis," I reminded him, "Then Lottie, Della, and I are going to Wales for the week. Don't try to call me. I won't answer."

He didn't say anything. I continued walking out to my car. As I drove away, I found myself looking in my rearview mirror every few minutes. Harry wasn't following me. I felt my heart brake even more as a part of me I hoped he would have.

"Prince Harry has a new love?" The girl on the radio's squeaky voice stung my ears. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I couldn't bring myself to change the station, so I listened.

"Reports say Harry already has a new love. But there was no evidence of him and girlfriend of two years, Abigail Sheehan, breaking up. Could Harry be cheating? Could him and Abigail have secretly broken up months ago? We have all the details next."

I lost it. Tears streamed down my face like a river. Sobbing like a madman, I shut off the radio and took a napkin out of the glove compartment. Calming myself down, I wiped my face and continued to drive.
♠ ♠ ♠
So we watched Les Mis, my favorite movie, in history and I missed it because I was absent. And there were cupcakes. I am very upset at this.
Comment|Subscribe|Recommend