Status: who knows where we will go...

Can You Save Me Now?

Guilt Stabbed My Heart.

I thought that she was just having a bad day, but when she snapped at me for something like knowing a big word, I couldn't help but be offended. I'm not sure if I should have been sorry for kissing her, but I'm not. Yeah -- maybe she wasn't expecting it. But pushing me out of a freaking tree? I even COVERED for her. I told the doctor that I was doing jumping jacks and fell, making myself look like an idiot.

Molly opened her mouth to say something, but I turned away, cutting her off with ease. "Don't worry about it. I get it," I said, the words cutting, "you absolutely hate me."

I should have listened to my friends, not to go near her. I wanted to give her a chance, but she seemed to not want even that. I wanted to stop myself from thinking this, but right now, I was too angry to do so. I asked her to take me home, and the only time I would speak was when I needed to tell her to turn left, or take whatever road that was coming up. She tried to apologize, but each time I told her that it wasn't necessary.

A couple of days passed, and we didn't talk to each other. After a little while, she gave up on trying. We passed each other in the halls, ignored each other during classes, and avoided each others' gazes at lunch. I wasn't angry anymore, but I wasn't sure if I could say the same for Molly Marie. Finally, two Tuesdays from the day with the tree house, she came up to me in the hallway, yelling.

"You had no right!"

I raised a brow, tugging my backpack onto my shoulder and closing my locker. "No right to do... what, exactly?"

She frowned deeply, but before she could say anything else, I took a hold of her wrist, taking her outside. Firstly, whatever conversation this may be, I felt it was one that might need to be talked about in private. Secondly, I didn't want a bunch of onlookers hoping for a fight. I wouldn't fight her -- everyone knew that, but still. I hadn't noticed how quiet she was until I stopped walking, having taken us to the parking lot at the back of the school. I finally let go of her wrist, seeing that she had her fist balled up.

"You--" Her hand flew into the air, probably to slap me, but I caught it with ease, finally letting my eyes fall to meet her angry ones. I let out a quiet sigh, letting go of her hand and pulling her close, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. She tensed, but didn't move away, much to my surprise.

"What is it?" I asked gently, setting my chin atop her head, closing my eyes. She began to sob, and guilt stabbed my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry you guys had to wait so long!