Status: who knows where we will go...

Can You Save Me Now?

Upper Hand Man

It had been two weeks since I pushed Carter out of my beloved tree house and no matter how many times I had tried to apologize, he would not accept it. All the while, all I could think was that he must hate me, but the voice in the back of my head kept reasoning that if he did he wouldn't have kissed me...twice.

I want to confront him,but I am not sure how too. Being "the quiet girl" for as long as I can remember, I never got to speak my mind or being verbally angry with any one, besides my mother of course. Then I see him sauntering down the hallway on his way to 5th period and I couldn't contain my angry, which was mostly made up of confusion, from bursting forth of my lips, "You had no right!"

I caught the attention of others from onlookers, but I didn't care at this point I needed to know why.
"No right to do...what, exactly?" he questioned walking towards me, he didn't seem shocked at my anger but he did seem concerned and really confused. He took a quick scan of the area. Then he grabbed my wrist gently but firm enough to tell me not to struggle, even with a broken wrist he had the upper hand. Oh, I bet he thought he was so much better than me, pull me away from witnesses so I wouldn't embarrass him. Pft!

"You--" My word ooze with venom. I had my hand balled up ready to punch him, but he caught the punch so effortlessly. He released my hand and pulled my into a hug, I wanted to punch and push against his chest, but something inside made me relax into him. "What is it?" he whispered into my ear before he rested his chin on top of my head, I could no longer take it. I started to sob into him, he held me tighter and closer. I would have gone crazy on anyone else who tried that, but when Cater did it, it broke me down.

"How...How could you", Pathetic, am I whimpering?

"M&M please tell me what is wrong". I can't, I can't even talk, and all I want is my daddy. But daddy isn't here and all I have is a potential Carter. I pulled back a little and looked up at my hero and my kryptonite.

"I could have trusted you... You remind me of him. Gosh Carter, I miss him. You're too perfect, I--why do you care? why did you kiss me? Why can't I get you out of my head" my vision was blurring as I started to cry again. He pulled me over, into his recently fixed car. He never said where we were going, but strangely I knew it was the woods to my tree houses, to 'our' spot. I finally felt okay for the first time since my father left me, I felt safe, content, happy. I knew everything would some how be all right, some how.
♠ ♠ ♠
another tree house scene, what to expect? ;)