Status: who knows where we will go...

Can You Save Me Now?

I Don't Know What Else To Say.

"CARTER? AM I A VIRGIN?"

The question took me by complete surprise, and it must have shown on my face. "What? Molly, what makes you think you're not? How would I know your sex life?" God, that sounded awkward.

"You mean that night I didn't..." She struggled for words, and I struggled for breath. "I mean we didn't do... IT?"

I shook my head quickly, realizing suddenly that I had a terrible headache. I try to remember that night, but it's not hard. I remember her coming and spilling her heart out to me, drunk. We kissed.. a lot. I retraced each moment of that night, each word she spoke, each kiss we shared. I remember it getting heated, and I wished that I didn't remember. But I do.

"Carter..." Molly reads my expression right away, and I see the look of betrayal on her face. Unable to look at her any longer, I duck my head, my bangs falling in front of my eyes. "Carter, did we?"

I barely choke out the word. "Yeah."

"Oh."

We're silent for a few moments, and after a while, I start to stand. She doesn't stop me, as much as I would like her to. I don't know where I'm going, but with my head low, I turn around, and my feet start me in that direction.

"Wait," she calls, and I stop, shoving my hands in my pockets, kicking a rock with the toe of my shoe. It flies into the nearest tree, falling a few inches away from it. "Do you regret it?"

I draw in a sharp breath, hurting my lungs. That's a really hard question to answer. Do I regret taking her virginity? Yes. Yes, I really, truly, do. That's something that's really special, especially for a girl, to save herself for that someone. But I have a feeling that she's asking more than that. I don't know what else to say, except:

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so late!