Status: who knows where we will go...

Can You Save Me Now?

It's True.

Part of me wishes that I hadn't walked away from her the other day, but the other half is starting to convince me that it was for the best. I don't remember a time when I cooped myself up in my room like I did these past days, ignoring every call, text, and plead for my attention. My room is a jungle-like mess, as opposed to its usual cleanliness. There are dark shadows under my eyes, making it pretty obvious that I haven't slept in a good while.

So you'll understand why I wasn't looking forward to school in the morning. Nevertheless, I went. I couldn't bear staying in my room for much longer, and I wasn't sure if that was because I had nothing left to do, or if I wanted to see her again. Molly Marie, who I didn't deserve. She needed a knight, someone to save her. I thought I could be that person, but... Everyone's wrong at some time or another, right?

I walked into my first class, having arrived pretty early, since I chose not to socialize this time. I'm not sure if I could feign a smile right now, even for my friends. I sit down at my desk, only to notice a paper, neatly folded, sitting on top of it, my name written in neat cursive. Hesitantly, I open it, half-aware that I'm hoping that it is from a certain girl. And it is.

I read it slowly, and then again, to make sure that my mind read those words correctly. I stared for god knows how long, five minutes maybe, until I finally pulled out a piece of paper and a pen and started writing. Poetry isn't my strong suit, but I can think of no other way to reply.

'You know the color of the sun when it sets
Or the way two best friends make a bet?
There's something about hidden smiles
It makes all of the trouble worthwhile

I met a girl one day
And she took my breath away
She was a beautiful lady
But I could see her waiting

She was waiting for a savior
And I wondered, could I save her?
I tried, really I did
But I only ended up back where I started

I love her, I do
How can I show her that it's true?'
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha. Your turn Jules. (:
And yeah, I wrote that poem -- carter and I share the inability to write a proper poem. xD