Status: who knows where we will go...

Can You Save Me Now?

That Was So Cheesy

I wasn't going to ask her why we were leaving so suddenly, but the look on her face, in her eyes, shook me to the core. So we left, and that was that. We hopped into the car and drove away, although neither of us had a clue as to where we were actually going. I took the back roads, avoiding the main streets and the traffic that came with it.

"Thank you."

I raised a brow over at Molly Marie, and then smiled, shaking my head. "Don't worry about it. That's what I'm here for."

She sighed a little, but I think it was out of both relief and happiness. The tension in my shoulders dissipated slowly, and I let out a breath I wasn't aware was being held. We sat there like that for god knows how long, and I finally broke the silence, laughing awkwardly.

"The spaghetti's probably cold now, isn't it?"

Molly scoffed, elbowing my playfully, but carefully, as I was still driving. "No, there's no doubt that it is." She shrugged and settled back in her seat. "Did you figure out where we're going yet?"

"Uh, I have a bit of an idea."

She nods. I turn left onto a bumpy dirt road, the uneven slopes turning my car into a roller coaster. She giggles, and I grin, loving the sound of her laugh. It's always a great feeling, anyway, knowing that I can make her laugh. We reach an open field, the grass almost too tall for me to drive in, but just right so that it felt like floating on a sea of green nothingness.

Molly turned to me as I pulled the key out of ignition, slipping those into my pocket as I flashed her my best smile, helping her out of the car. She let out a girlish squeak when the grass came up to her thighs, and I chuckled, scooping her into my arms to help her onto the roof of my vehicle. I've only gotten stuck here once, but the grass was up to my waist, and much thicker. So we should be fine, tonight, at least.

"It's so pretty." Molly Marie sat cross-legged, her arms wrapped around herself. It was odd, because she looked like she was trying to be as small as possible in so big a space. I joined her on the roof, pulling an arm around her shoulder. She leaned into me, and I pointed up at the star.

She shook her head. "I'm not good with naming stars and stuff."

I grin, bumping her lightly. "Good, because I'm not either."

Molly Marie rose a brow, a questioning smirk on her lips. "Yet you brought me to look at the stars, even though neither of us can name them?"

"I just wanted to point out the pretty ones."

"Oh, that's romantic." It's kind of agitating to not know when she's sarcastic and when she's not, but I guess that's another thing to love about her. Well, I guess you won't hear that everyday -- someone loving sarcasm like that. I don't even know, really.

"Well, I know one thing..."

"Hmm?" Molly closes her eyes, sighing contentedly. "And what's that?"

"This is one of the only places that are almost as pretty as you."

Her cheeks flush darkly and her eyes fly open, her hand hitting my arm. Molly Marie clears her throat, embarrassed. "That was so cheesy."