Status: who knows where we will go...

Can You Save Me Now?

Long Talks

Mom texted me and told me she was waiting outside. I grab my black coat to match my black flats. I was to much of a mess to change out of my clothes from earlier. As I walk outside I see mom isn't the only one waiting for me, Carter is sitting out in his truck. I met his eyes and he reaches for the door handle, I shake my head no, but still he pulls open the door. I rush to my mom's car. I open the door and slam it. I hit the lock button that is located on the passenger doors side. Mom looks at me a bit confused.

Carter walks up to the car window. He tries to pull open my door, but its locked. He looks at me and pulls again. With sad eyes and a sad heart I mouth the words "I can't right now, I'm sorry", and turn to my mom "Go please." With one last look at Carter, we drive away. Tears poor down my face, and I know that he saw them.

***

"Sweetie, what happened? I thought you loved that boy!"

"Mom, just don't. not now. I still don't know what to do. Everything is just messed up."

"Then why don't you tell me what happened. I was your age once and I went through some pretty crappy things, too."

Our order was called and mom picked up our coffee. We sat at a small table near the back part of a cafe. I look mom in the eyes for the first time in a while. Why? Why for the first time in years do I see compassion in those eyes? Why is it that for the first time since dad died, I see love and the want to be close again in my mothers eyes? Why is it that for the first time since my dad died, I see love in my mothers eyes. Why do I suddenly want us to be close again?

"Mom, a lot happened since I was younger. Some that I am happy about, others not so much. Mom I'm covered in scars I wanted so much for you to notice and get me help, but you never did. I became numb inside, I did anything I could to feel, I drank, I smoked, I'm not even a virgin anymore. But now I'm okay with that because I loved, and still do love him, but now everything has just gotten so confusing. I needed someone for so long, and now I that I have someone I screwed it up so much."I stopped talking so I could breathe and to try to hold in my tears.

Mom grabbed my hand and squeezed "I'm sorry it took so long for me to come back to realize everything. but I am here now, will you forgive me for messing up?"

"If I didn't forgive you I wouldn't be here." Mom smiled at me.

"So, if you love Carter why did you run away from him? What happened?"

"Its a long story that has a lot of mistakes mixed up in it. It started the night I came home to you being there, I went to a party and got pretty trashed and messed up, I almost got raped, and Carter saved me, like he is always saves me. Well after that I kind of kissed his best friend,Carson, to prove that he didn't care about me. But all it proved was that he truly did. After that it always seemed like he tried to hard to make me happy and it was all confusing and crap but I didn't tell him. then I re-encountered a old friend and God he was hot. So we started hanging out and I told him about how hard things have gotten and then he came with us on my date with Carter and he told me to check my phone but it was in the car. So I went to get it and I found a ring and the text said that Demetri was in love with me. He was proposing, Mom I was still with Carter I didn't know how to react so I ran away and now we are here."

"Wow, sounds like you have got a lot but I'm sure its not what you think," Mom went to get more coffee and I just sat there staring at her as she walked away. Mom was beautiful that was for sure. When she sat back down she smiled at me. "Molly, how do you know it was Demetri's ring and not Carters? What if Carter was going to propose and Demetri showing up ruined it?"

Why didn't I think about that?! Oh my God, how could I have been so naive? " Mom will you excuse me for a minute? I need to make a phone call". I didn't even wait for a reply. I was already dialing his number when I got out the door. Ring! Ring! Ring! "Come on, pick up!" I say to the phone as if it could hear me.

"Molly, Oh thank God! I have been so worried. I--"

"Carter, was it yours?"

"What? Was what mine?"

"The ring, was the ring yours, because if its not I swear to God that not only will I kill Demetri, but I will kill you as well!"

He laughed, "Of course it was my ring, you honestly thought it was Demetri's?" I hung up on him, he was being a jerk. My phone started buzzing violently in my hand.

"What is it, you jerk?!"

"Molly, I'm sorry. Will you meet me at your house in 15 minutes?" Carter asked me gently afraid that I would hang up on him again.

"Thirty minutes, my house, deal?"

"Deal! Oh and Molly?"

"Yes?'

"I love you with all my heart!" , And with that Carter hung up. I smiled and walked back inside.

"Hey mom, can we go now?"

***
It was about 7:30 when we got home. As we pull into our drive way I see a blanket and a couple dozen of candles. I get out of the car, and walk toward the blanket. "Hey baby, nice of you to finally join me. You're only like 30 minutes later then you said you would be." I smiled down at Carter who lay on the blanket.

"I'm so sorry, I got a bit distracted. See mom and I were--" he pulled me down to him.

"Looks like you're falling for me Molly Marie!" I could see him wink at me, due to the candles around us.

"You are just so clever, aren't you Carter?" I kissed him.

"I know I am thanks for noticing. Hey Molly can I ask you something?" He sat up and looked me in the eyes. I nodded. "Do you believe that there is perfect timing planned out by the universe or that we make our own perfect timing?"

I thought for a minute," I believe that if you are with the right person it will always be the perfect timing."

"Im glad you said that. Molly will you please do me the honor of making my life one big perfect moment, will you spend the rest of your life with me and all my stupid mistakes and jealous moments. will you marry me?"

I stared at him. Oh God, I knew he bought the ring but I didn't really think that he would propose tonight! "Carter, do your parents approve?"

"They do and I even asked for your mom's permission. Now will you stop asking stupid questions and give me an answer?"

"Of course I will marry you Carter!" I kissed him passionately. "I love you Carter, and I'm sorry if I messed up earlier"

"You could never mess up My Angel"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is longer than i normally write. I hope that you guys like it. And for Broken-angle Thank you for helping create this story and turn it into what it is, thank you for always reminding me that I need to update. Love you!