Status: who knows where we will go...

Can You Save Me Now?

It Only Took Three Days

Molly Marie's POV
My alarm goes off at an ungodly hour to remind me how much my life sucks. Its Tuesday, but its so much more than that. Carter turned 18 last week and I forgot to say anything so I am making up for it with a surprise party. Carter is the pickiest person ever when it comes to food. So after 3 days I finally got everything together.

Chicken Parmesan with Mac and cheese, baked potatoes and black eyed peas; that's what Carter is getting for his birthday dinner and so are the 30 other people who are attending. I have been looking forward to Carter turning eighteen for a while now, but now that we are engaged it also brings fear, he wants to announce our upcoming marriage and it scares me.

The only people who currently know is my Mom and his parents, I don't see why we have to tell everyone about our engagement and not this soon either, Its only been 3 days. I'm really worried but I think for now I will just focus on his party.

It's not like the old days when I would skip school, today I had a reason, a motive or whatever else you might want to call it. Carter would probably be mad at me for not telling him but later tonight he would forgive me. If not I will just have to make it up to him. But I cant worry about that now I have to much to do and so little time.

I have a house to clean, a party to plan, catering to pick up, and an angry Fiance to forgive me.

Carter's POV
School was such a drag today. And by that, I mean more so than usual. Molly wasn't here, and that's odd to me because ever since we got together, she started coming to school more. Stopped skipping, although there would be a few days that she would. Not only that, but finals are coming up, and piles upon piles of homework are being heaped upon us. I try to take extra good notes so that Molly Marie can use them, too.

I try to think of the reasons that she would skip, but for some reason or another, my brain doesn't want to accept that she could be sick. We just got engaged, after all, about three days ago. What if she's having second thoughts? Oh, god I hope not.

The final school bell rings, and I'm the first out the door, jogging out of the building and into the parking lot. I hop into my car, toss my backpack in the passenger's seat, and drive off. I've got to at least make sure she's okay, and it could be one of those days that calling her wouldn't just be enough.

Crap, she could just be on her period.

...might as well pick up some flowers, just in case. Maybe some chocolates, too. Do they sell chocolate-covered gummy bears?

I stopped at the super market, picking up the chocolates, and then choosing a bouquet of aggressively orange flowers. They were different, unique. Smelled great. I hoped she would like them as I stepped into the checkout line. The cashier laughed at me, shaking her head. I rose a brow.

"Girlfriend?"

I grin, feeling a sense of pride well up in me, and not the arrogant kind. "Nope. Fiance."

"Well, congrats."

From there, it was a race of sorts to Molly Marie's house. I had to slow myself down several times, knowing that I was just putting myself into a state of paranoia. She's fine. Calm down.

I pulled up into her driveway, parked the car, and stepped out with the keys in my hand, grocery bag of chocolates looped over the same hand, and the flowers in the other one. Taking a deep breath, I stepped up to the door and knocked, awkwardly, since neither of my hands were exactly free.