Status: who knows where we will go...

Can You Save Me Now?

Best Night Ever

After what happened with Molly and -- well, whatever she was doing -- I decided to go home and take a shower, change into some fresh clothes. At the very least, I'd kill time. On top of that, I'd look a little better than how I looked earlier... which was kind of like a hobo.

I didn't expect her to freak out, okay? I didn't think she'd shove me out like that, either. But, you know, that's Molly Marie. I chose to go along with it, keep my head, and carry on. That usually worked, that, and telling her she was right. Don't get me wrong, I love that girl to death, but she when she freaks out -- she freaks out. Wow.

When I was getting ready, I tried to do everything slowly, so that I killed as much time as possible. Honestly, I wasn't sure how girls spent so long in the shower. What is there to do?

Shaking myself out of my train of thought, I glanced over my appearance in the mirror (a lot better than before), gave it a nod of approval, and headed out the door.

By the time I got back, there were several cars in M&M's driveway. I noticed a few, smiling as I noted that both of our friends were mostly there. I stepped up to the door, knocked, and tried not to laugh as everything inside went dead silent. Then there was scrambling, a shout or three, and the lone light in the kitchen flickered off. Shaking my head with a smile, I let myself in -- it was already unlocked.

The house was dark. Like, really, really dark. If you wanted to make it as anti-suspicious as possible, then don't make it look like you're throwing a surprise party. Because that's exactly what they did. I flicked on the hallway light, clearing my throat and speaking loudly. "Well, that's odd. I could have sworn someone was here. There has to be, right? With all those cars in the yard..."

Going silent once more, I stepped into the kitchen, and it was as if an explosion suddenly went off. People popped up from every angle, shouting "surprise!" all over the place. I grinned, giving a faux bow as people shoved gifts into my hands and gave me hugs. The most beautiful girl finally arrived, a look of shock on her face. "Why didn't you guys tell me he was here?!" "We didn't have the time! No harm, no foul, we're all here now."

Shrugging it off, Molly Marie walked towards me, taking the gifts from my hands and setting them very carefully on the counter. "Hey there."

I took her into my arms and held her as if she were a porcelain doll, smiling down at her. "Better?"

"Better. Now, come on. Let's get this party started."

The party was, in a word, crazy. Positively so because it was incredibly fun. The food was awesome, the gifts were neat, and the company was even better. But negatively so because someone snuck in alcohol and got wasted. I mean, at least it was one person and not everyone, but still. We had a time trying to get this kid to sit.

The night came to a close, and I found myself a little upset that it had gone by so fast. Molly Marie and I stood at the door, telling everyone goodbye. As the last person left, I looped an arm around her shoulder, pulling her close and kissing the top of her head.

"Thank you. This was... it was amazing. I had a lot of fun."

She looked up at me with a proud grin, her look saying 'well, duh. I organized it.' But instead, she said "I'm glad."

"I love you to the moon and back, Molly Marie."

"I love you even farther than that!"

Best. Night. Ever.