Status: who knows where we will go...

Can You Save Me Now?

Philosophical Questions.

The car ride to the hospital was silent half the time, and full of apologies the other half. I had long forgiven her, but that didn't seem to please her. She felt bad, I couldn't tell, but I didn't want to lie and say that I was fine. I wasn't sure if something was broken, and going on in a lot of pain like this wasn't the best of ideas. We got inside the hospital, and she forced me to sit down, wandering away to talk to the receptionist.

I leaned back in the chair, wincing, watching her as she walked away. She had such pretty auburn hair, the perfect shade of red for her. The image of her dark brown eyes staring into mine flashed through my mind and I blushed, quickly trying to shake the thought off. It proved to be a difficult task, in and of itself.

We were taken into another waiting room, and then I was escorted into a room by myself for x-rays. It's not that I wanted Molly Marie with me, it's just... I didn't want to leave her by herself, for some reason. I eventually convinced myself that I was just concerned for her.

The doctor asked me what happened, and I fumbled for something to say. For one purpose or another, I wanted to do my best to keep her out of trouble, "I, uh..." I cleared my throat, covering up my awkward fumble for words. "See, me and my friend out there--" I nodded towards the door, "were sitting in her tree house. I decided to be a showoff and do some jumping jacks. And then, well, you know the rest." Jumping Jacks? REALLY?

The man nodded slowly, as if he didn't believe my story, but had no choice in the matter but to take my words. After the questions, they finally took care of me, popping my back into place again and placing a cast around my left hand. All in all, they said I got away lucky, with how I managed to ease my fall a little.

Giving my thanks, I made my way back to the waiting room, wobbling a little as I walked. "Hey, Q.T. What philosophical questions are you asking yourself now?" Although the medicine helped, I was still in a lot of pain, and was wondering if it showed on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go, girly. (: