The Fast Times

Ten

Nancy and Pete woke up a little over 2 hours later. She woke up first, groaning at the ache in her back and the slight headache she had. She was disoriented and quickly found she was just under nude; Pete was lying beside her, pants gone, boxers at his ankles and a sheet over his waist hiding what she had adored just hours before in a drunken haze.

Nancy grunted as got up and found her clothes and quickly pulled her panties up before noticing she and Pete didn't use a condom. She continued to pull her clothes on, choosing to ignore it.

Out of sight, out of mind.

She shook Pete, "Wentz, wake up."

Nancy was still a little tipsy, but she knew she'd be sober as soon as she had some water. Pete, he was near sober when he woke up to her hand shaking his shoulder. He opened his eyes, feeling satisfyingly drained, "What?"

"Lets go," she ordered softly.

Pete nodded and pulled his boxers up. He found it slightly awkward as she stood by, fingering her long sleeve while he dressed. This is what he didn't want; he had made a fool of himself.

"I hope this doesn't change anything," he looked at her near desperate as he pulled his hoodie in.

"I've had sex before," she chuckled; easing back into her place of who he had known. "It's cool."

Pete had no other faults or thoughts about this. He took her hand, kissed her lips softly and led the way out of her room. Downstairs, the party was still going, they entered the kitchen and each got water before heading outside. They took a moment to breathe fresh air, the faint air of hot sweat and smoke filled their lungs and left a bad taste in their mouths. After, they headed down the block to his car, got in and drove off.

The ride was silent, comfortable. Nancy, though, was kicking herself for letting herself become overwhelmed with alcohol and lust. This had happened before and she promised herself she wouldn't do it again. But it did happen again, only this time it was a different group of kids and Pete was in place of Chipper. That made all the difference, she figured that was the reason why she wasn't so upset.

Pete didn't think at all, he was still tipsy and his head was a little fuzzy. He knew he was in love with Nancy, every little piece of her, and he knew it and he thought it was the greatest feeling in the world. He loved the way she moaned, the way she gripped his body, the way it curved against his, like they had been made for one another. He wanted to tell her he loved her, but he couldn't, he was a coward, and he only knew her for a week. He didn't want to ruin something that could be much bigger than he ever thought.

He pulled up at her house, Nancy inhaled softly, leaned over and kissed him on his cheek, "Thank you, I had fun."

"Yeah, me too."

Nancy climbed out, "Goodnight."

Pete waved lazily, "'Night."

He waited until Nancy was inside before he drove off, smiling like a fool.

Nancy was happy to see that no one was in the living room when she turned in. She quickly, and quietly, shuffled up the stairs and undress, seeing the all to real love stains in her underwear. She tossed them, along with her top and bra, deep into the hamper. She made sure to shower, brush her teeth and tongue for an extended amount of time before going to see Alma. She knew she'd have to see Darla and Norman too, but she opted to just pretend as if she got in late and went to bed with acknowledging their late night ritual of saying goodnight.

Alma was awake, much to Nancy's surprise. She sat up in her cushion soft bed, reading a book. Nancy waved, "Gram, what're you doing up?"

"Waiting for you to say goodnight to me, baby doll," Alma smiled happily, setting her book aside.

Nancy went over, brushing her grandmother's glowing gray hair away from her shoulder and gave her a hug. She gave her a kiss on her cheek, "I had fun."

"You look like you did," Alma teased.

Nancy just blushed.

"You don't have to tell me anything," Alma murmured, patting Nancy's arm.

"It was just fun. We danced and I met new people," she swallowed, "that's it."

"How was the band?"

Nancy smiled sheepishly, "They're terrible."

She and Alma giggled quietly.

"I'm glad you had fun. I haven't seen you smile like this in a long time."

"13 months," Nancy replied quietly.

Alma nodded sadly, "Yeah."

"I'm okay. I'm...happy--happier."

Alma agreed, kissing Nancy's cheek, "I can see it. I'm happy for you."

"Thank you," Nancy murmured.

"Goodnight baby," Alma whispered.

"Night Gram."

Nancy turned down the lights after making sure Alma was tucked in and on her way to sleep. She left the room, down the hall to her own and slipped in, shutting the door behind her. In bed, she lay on her back, thinking deeply before falling asleep herself.


The next day, Pete slept in, deep into a head pounding sleep. He woke up to Hilary yelling his name, "Pete! Pete, wake up! Chris is on the phone, idiot!"

Pete grunted and rolled over. He came home last night, took his clothes off and fell into his bed. Hours later, sleep led to a headache and his little sister annoying him.

"Shut up!" Pete threw a pillow effortlessly at her.

Hilary rolled her eyes and tossed the cordless to him, "Wake up, doofus, it's 3 in the afternoon."

Pete sat up, groaning, picked up the phone and pressed it to his ear, "What?"

"Sorry Princess, did I wake ya up?" Chris laughed.

"Fuck you, do you know what time it is?"

Again, his friend laughed, "Uh, yeah I do. It's almost 4. You've been asleep since you left my place?"

"Yeah, basically."

"You wanna come over and hang? I cleaned up the house--"

"How?" Pete questioned, "You don't know the meaning of clean."

"I paid my cousin to do it, and she was happy to. She's weird," Chris scoffed. "Anyway, we're all hanging in the basement. You and the little lady wanna stop by?"

"I dunno," he yawned, "I have to get up and call her."

"What happened to you guys last night?" Chris pondered. "You guys leave after the game? Yo, Nancy was smashed!" He added with a laugh.

"We went upstairs and fell asleep," Pete answered in a mutter.

"Did you fuck her?" Chris whispered with a small chuckle.

"So what if I did?" Pete spat.

"Holy shit! You fucked her, that's wicked! She's fuckin' hot too! What's she look like without--"

"Dude! I have a headache and that's my girlfriend. I'm not gonna tell you that shit!"

Chris rolled his eyes to himself, "Sorry I asked, but she is smokin' hot."

Pete shook his head, "I'm gonna hang up now and call her. Peace out, Chris."

Pete hung up before hearing whatever Chris had to say. He fell back in bed, phone in hand, and shut his eyes for a moment. He couldn't really recall what happened after they did it. He remembered how beautiful she looked beneath him, and how he fell in love with her for the duration of 5 minutes. He was feeling the love again with the thought of her.

He let a breath and sat up again, dialing her number that he had studied until he was muttering the number in his sleep. A combination of perfect numerals leading to his soulmate, he thought affectionately. That's all he needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really don't want to give anything away, so you all tell me what you believe'll happen.
I forgot to mention, cuz I'm a idiot, this story takes place in 1997. Yeah, I know, but I think it makes sense this way. Teenage Pete is fuckin hot. Wouldn't you agree?
Image

Thanks for reading!
xxali