The Fast Times

Eleven

"How was the party?"

Nancy sat up in her bed, groggily, looking over at Darla, who was at her bedroom door. Nancy had a headache, "What time is it?"

"11. How was it?" Darla repeated.

"It was was okay."

"What time did you come home?"

"Midnight, I think," she yawned. "I told you I'd be fine."

"I can't help but to worry. I told your mom and dad that I'd help take care of you."

"I can take care of myself, thank you," she murmured, no annoyance intended.

"Did you drink?"

"No."

Darla smirked, "You're a liar. I know a hangover when I see one."

"It wasn't a big deal, Auntie D."

Darla came in, shut the door and went and sat on her bed. Nancy waited to her what she expected to be an inevitable speech. Darla just looked at her niece, smiling only a bit, "God, you look just like Tyler."

Nancy blinked. "Gram says I look like my mom."

"Nah, you look like your dad," she leaned in and tucked a loose dark curl behind her niece's ear. "You're very beautiful, Cy, and I know they'd be so proud of you."

"Auntie D, you aren't gonna yell at me?" She pondered.

"No," Darla shook her head, "I was just worried. I can't help it, I love you, Nancy."

Nancy smiled, "I love you too."

Darla stood, "I'm gonna get started on some late brunch. You should come down and join us."

"Yeah, sure," Nancy agreed, "give me a few minutes."

Darla shut the door behind her as she left, leaving Nancy by herself. Nancy rubbed her eyes, instantly remembering the night before. She groaned inwardly at the way she acted and what she had done. No doubt it was a mistake, but at that moment, she pretended it didn't happen.

Pretending things didn't happen came easy to Nancy.

She climbed out of bed and let her mind flood with what was around her. It was easy to forget that way. She made a mental note to wash her laundry before Darla did.

Leaving her bedroom, Nancy brushed her teeth, washed her face and then headed downstairs to have breakfast with her family.


Pete had fully woken up, washed up and then proceeded to call Nancy. He leaned against his bedroom door, listening to the cordless ring back. After 3 rings, Darla picked up, "Hello, Durden residence."

"H-hey," Pete muttered, "it's Pete. Could I talk to Nancy?"

"Yep, one second...Cy-Cy!"

Unbeknownst to Pete, Nancy was spending time with her family. She was forgetting last night. Pete calling only made it resurface.

Nancy placed the receiver to her ear, "Hello?"

Pete smiled to himself, "Hey, I was callin' to see if you wanted to hang out today."

Nancy bit at her bottom lip. Her eyes wondered over to her family sitting in the living room watching a movie. A small sigh escaped, "I can't...not today. Darla and Norman are leaving on Thursday, so they want me to spend time with them, since I went out with you last night."

Pete wasn't devastated, just a little sad. He wondered if she was telling the truth or lying. He thought it was because they had sex the night before and it was awkward for her. Swallowing his pride and shyness, he asked, "Are you avoiding me because of last night?"

Naomi frowned deeply, "No. Why would I?" She was lying, just a bit to herself. "Darla really wants me to hang out with them. Tomorrow we'll hang. You can come over if you want, I'm sure Darla will like it."

Pete grew relieved, with a tinge of guilt, "Oh. Okay, sorry. I was...I don't know what I was thinking."

"It's okay, Pete," Nancy exhaled softly, "I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay. See ya, Nance."

"See ya."

Both parties hung up. Pete got ready to see his friends, while Nancy returned to the living room to spend time with her family.


Pete and his friends were all high in Chris' basement. All passing a joint around the room. It was Pete, Andy, Nick and of course Chris. A few of their other friends had come and left. It was just the 4 of them, silently letting the air fill with smoke and growing hot.

"So," Andy began, exhaling smoke, "what's going on with you and Nancy? Still sucking face?"

Pete shook his head, "I don't wanna talk about it."

"You have to," Nick passed a newly lit joint to Chris, "we're guys!"

"Doesn't mean I have to tell you what we do."

"You guys fucked last night," Chris stated.

"Why do you care?"

"You fuckin' got jizz all over my damn sheets!"

The guys burst out in laughter. Pete held his sides, nearly falling off the worn couch. Chris passed the fading joint to Pete, "Spill man. How'd it go down?"

"You got her drunk, Chris," Pete muttered, holding the smoke in.

"You got her drunk," Chris pointed.

"How?" Pete nearly exclaimed as he exhaled.

"You brought her over."

Pete passed the joint to Andy, "You made her play."

"Okay!" Andy exclaimed. "Can you just tell us what happened?"

Andy didn't take a hit, he passed it to Nick, who took a large drag. Pete shook his head again, "We went upstairs, so she could sober up and she just...started kissing me...then we had sex. I can barely remember."

"She a screamer?" Nick questioned.

Pete laughed at the thought, "Yeah."

"She looks it."

"So, she ain't here because she's all awkward and shit?" Chris asked.

"No," Pete said, "her aunt, you know, she's all uppity about together time. We're gonna hang tomorrow."

"She didn't puke on you?" Andy asked jokingly.

"I was on top for most of it," Pete answered nonchalantly.

They shared a laugh.

"How is she?" Nick asked, "I mean, god, she's got a body like a goddamn goddess."

Pete rolled his eyes, "You guys need to get laid."

"For real," Nick went on, "Is she like...bare down there or is it a jungle?"

Andy fell over in a fit of laughter and Chris stubbed out the joint that was nothing but a roach then. Pete was on the edge of hitting Nick, "Shut the fuck up."

"I was just asking."

"I don't care, knock it off. She's my girlfriend."

"Why are you so uptight? We talk about girls we fucked all the time!"

"This girl's different," Pete stood up, swaying slightly, "don't talk about her that way."

Nick and Chris stared at Pete as he quickly left the hot basement. Andy was still on the floor, rolling onto his side, laughing his head off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for being so awesome and patient with me. My life is crazy lately and I haven't been myself and today is my big 21st birthday and I'm full off pancakes and taking shots with my boyfriend. Life is weird right now, but I'm getting through it.

Thank you for reading
xxali