Cotton Candy Kisses

1/1

The fair had been going on for six hours and they were still going strong. She was enthused as ever even though it had been here for a week and they had gone three out of those five days. The clouds were overcast and grey. It was emptier than usual.

"It looks like it's going to rain." he told her looking at the sky.

She crossed her arms and glared at him.

"What?" he asked.

"You're going to jinx it!" she said loudly as other looked at the couple.

"I was just saying.". This was a battle he wasn't going to win. "I'm sorry."

As quickly as the glare was there it disappeared. "You're forgiven. Let's go on the ferris wheel!"

"Again?" I asked already knowing the answer. She laughed and said it was her favorite. "I know."

It began sprinkling as we made our way to the ride. The line was short so we quickly got on. Her eyes widened as the ride started and she looks around. The park was deserted as the last people left. We just reached the top of the ride when it began pouring. Still, nothing could erase that smile from her face. I looked at her and my heart stopped, it seemed like the rain only made this moment more special. I leaned in and kissed her on the lips. They tasted like the cotton candy she had earlier. "Thank you" she said.

Whether it was for the kiss or the day at the fair, I didn't know. I told her she was welcome nonetheless. The ride began moving again and I realized I'd never forget that cotton candy kiss. It was a perfect day, rain and all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drabble