Sequel: Love and Life
Status: Will be updated when inspiration strikes:)

Just Another Love Story

Brothers and their secrets

After two more weeks in hospital, Casey was finally being discharged and couldn’t wait to get home. She was sat on her bed in the hospital room waiting for Jess to pick her up, when Josh walked in.

“What are you doing here?” Casey said wishing Jess would hurry up and arrive.

“I heard what happened from Lily, so I thought I’d come pay you a visit, and see if you was okay,” Josh replied closing the door behind him and moving closer.

“Jess will be here in a minute,” Casey stated moving away from him as he stood in front of her.

“That’s okay. It’s not like I’m going to hurt you… not yet anyway. I just want to talk that’s all.”

“What about?” Casey asked as fear rose in her chest.

“Us…,” Josh began but Casey cut him off.

“There is no us, not anymore, and there never will be ever again, we already went through this.”

“Shut up and listen carefully,” Josh growled, “you have until next Friday, to get back with me, otherwise I will make your life hell.”

“Why are you doing this?” Casey said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

“I told you once you are mine; you don’t get to leave until I say so… do you understand what I’m saying?” Josh asked towering over her.

Casey nodded, as the door swung open and Jess walked in, anger spreading across his face when he spotted Josh.

“Leave,” Jess said keeping his voice calm, but Casey could see the anger in his eyes, as Josh smirked and walked past him.

“See you around Casey, remember what I said,” Josh added as he left the room, and Casey let out a long breath.

“Are you okay?” Jess asked hugging Casey who was shaking.

“I’ll be fine, I just want to go home,” Casey mumbled into his chest.

“I think we can do that, let’s get out of here,” Jess replied grabbing Casey’s bag, and taking her hand.

The drive home was quiet with only the sound of HIM playing low on the stereo, Jess opened his mouth a few times to speak, but seemed to change his mind and simply closed it again. When they pulled up outside Casey spotted Johnny’s car parked up next to Bam’s lambo, as well a few that she didn’t recognise. She climbed out, making her way slowly around to where Jess was now waiting, and followed him into the house, after three weeks it was surprising how much pain she was still in, but according to the doctors that was a sign that she was healing.

Jess opened the door, letting her go through first, before closing it behind them and setting her bag down near the stairs. Everyone was sitting with Jeff when they walked into the front room, talking about stunts which were drawn on a piece of paper taped to the wall. Raab was the first to spot Casey since no one apart from Jess actually knew that she was coming home, he jumped over the back of the couch, pulling her into a gentle cuddle, and kissing her cheek.

“It’s good to have you home Casey,” He whispered in her ear before letting her go and watching as everyone else hugged her as well.

Last up was Bam, but he didn’t hug her or kiss her cheek, in fact he completely ignored her, and returned to his conversation with Jeff. Casey looked over at Jess who was glaring at Bam, but as soon as their eyes met, his features softened and he placed his hands on her shoulders. She took a deep breath, before moving over to the couch and joining Johnny, who pulled her gently onto his lap.

“What’s the meeting for?” Casey asked.

“Jeff wanted to go over some more stunt ideas for the movie, plus Bam wanted our help organising the Thanks Giving reunion his throwing,” Johnny explained putting his arms around her.

“He was serious about that then?” Casey mumbled still not liking the idea one bit.

“Yes I was, we have a hell of a lot to be thankful for this year, and we are going to spend Thanks Giving as a family,” Bam snapped returning to what he was doing.

Casey stared at Bam, before turning to Johnny, who looked just as shocked as she was by Bam’s sudden outburst.

“Do you know where my parents and Ryan are?” Casey asked glancing over at Bam quickly.

“Your mum is at work, your dad is out with Don Vito doing whatever fat blokes do for fun, and Ryan had to go home for a few days because his mum is ill.”

“Ah… I’m going to go up to my room; I’ll speak to you later.”

Casey headed to the stairs, just as Jess walked in carrying a pile of plates, with cutlery balancing on top.

“Casey, where you going?”

“Upstairs, my head’s really hurting, and I want to get some rest,” Casey said giving him a small smile.

“Okay, I’ll send you up some food when it arrives, you need to eat and build your strength up, doctor’s orders.”

Casey nodded, then went up to her room, and changed into something more comfortable, lying on her bed and closing her eyes to try to ease the headache. As soon as she closed her eyes, images from the accident flashed through her mind, and she bolted upright grimacing in pain. Five minutes later someone knocked on her bedroom door, and with a quick ’come in’, Johnny entered carrying a plate of food.

“Hey,” Johnny said passing her the plate, and sitting next to her on the bed.

“Thanks for the food,” Casey replied smiling at him.

“You’re welcome; it’s your welcome home from Jess.”

“Some welcome home,” Casey mumbled putting her hand to her head as it throbbed.

“Are you okay?” Johnny asked looking worried.

“Yeah, I’ve just got a headache; the doctor said I would probably get them pretty frequently, until my head has healed. It’s nothing a little rest won’t fix,” Casey stated.

“Hey Casey?” Johnny said as he moved to the door, stopping to look back at her.

“Yeah?”

“Don’t let the way Bam’s acting get to you too much, I’m not sure what’s going on with him, but I can assure you that it’s nothing to do with you.”

Casey threw him a smile as he left, leaving her to eat her dinner and rest. As tired as she felt, nightmares plagued her sleep, and she tossed and turned, waking up in agony. Her nightmares were like reliving the accident, she could hear, see and feel everything she did that day, and it made her feel sick. Normally she wouldn’t hesitate to go to Bam’s room, but since he wasn’t talking to her, she picked up her phone instead and rang Ryan.

“Casey?”

“Hey Ry,” Casey said keeping her voice calm, although her heart was banging against her chest, and her entire body was shaking.

“Hey baby, what’s up?”

“I couldn’t sleep, I know it’s late I’m sorry, but I don’t want to bother the others.”

“Are you home then?” Ryan asked.

“Yeah I got released this afternoon, I planning on surprising everyone, but that didn’t go to plan.”

“What happened?”

“You weren’t here, mum and dad weren’t here, and Bam is just ignoring me, apart from when he bit my head off, for asking a question.”

“His had a rough time dealing with the accident, and nearly losing you, we all have… cut him some slack.”

“What about me Ryan? I’m the one who got hit by the car; I’m the one who has to put up with the pain and nightmares… I need my brother, and instead I’m left on my own to deal with it, because I can’t talk to anyone else about how I feel.”

“Casey, I didn’t mean that you haven’t been through a lot as well, just… try to understand what his going through as well, talk to him.”

“Whatever, I’ll speak to you later; I hope your mum gets better soon.”

“Casey don’t hang up on me while you’re angry please,” Ryan said but Casey didn’t reply and instead cut him off.

The truth was she wasn’t really angry with Ryan; she was just tired and scared. Sometimes it was easier for her to shut herself off, than continue talking about things, and that was something she had done her whole life. She climbed out of bed, deciding to head downstairs, and make herself some warm milk, which her mum used to make her when she couldn’t sleep as a kid.

Heading into the kitchen, Casey switched on the light, jumping when she found Bam sitting at the counter with his head in his hands. She grabbed the milk from the fridge, putting some in a pan, and placing it on the hob to heat up.

“You must really hate me,” Bam said breaking the silence.

“I don’t hate you Bam, I could never hate you you’re my brother, I just don’t understand why you’re acting the way you are towards me?” Casey replied.

“We nearly lost you Casey, there was a chance that you would never wake up, and when you did it just all felt temporary, like I’d wake up and you’d be gone again,” Bam explain tears welling in his eyes.

“Bam, this isn’t a dream, I’m right here and I’m not planning on going anywhere,” Casey said.

“I’m scared Casey, I’m scared that if I go to sleep, I’ll wake up to discover that you’re still in hospital in a coma, and I can’t handle that,” Bam admitted as Casey took the saucepan off the oven, and poured two glasses handing one to Bam.

“I keep telling everybody that I’m fine, but the truth is I’m scared too Bam. When I’m awake the pain I’m in, is a constant reminder at how vulnerable I am right now, and how close I was to not being around anymore. Then when I close my eyes, I’m haunted by nightmares of the accident, I can see, hear and feel everything I felt that day, and it’s kind of like I’m going through it over and over.”

“I’m sorry, I’ve been selfish and I didn’t stop to think about how you was feeling, or dealing with everything. I promise, in future I’ll talk to you, instead of acting like a jerk.”

Casey smiled, walking around the counter, and hugging Bam, who chuckled and hugged her back. Casey knew that there was more to it than that, it wasn’t just her situation making him act the way he had, but for now she would leave it alone, he knew she was there if he wanted to talk about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy reading guys! Hope you like it ♥