Sequel: Love and Life
Status: Will be updated when inspiration strikes:)

Just Another Love Story

Thanksgiving Pt 1

Casey sat outside watching the stars, like she did when she was younger, and just like back then it made her feel at peace. Johnny soon joined her, handing her a cup of hot chocolate, which Casey took and placed to one side.

“Thanks,” Casey mumbled.

“You’re welcome… you know I’m proud of you,” Johnny said.

“Why?” Casey replied frowning at him.

“For the way you handled yourself in town, most people would have had a nervous breakdown, but you held it together and you got through it.”

“It would have been a different story if you hadn’t of been there,” Casey added looking down at her hands.

“Don’t do that Casey, you was the one that pushed your fear away, and worked up the courage to even step foot in town,” Johnny said turning to look at her, “You’re a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for.”

“Maybe,” Casey whispered.

“Hey… there's no maybe about it, or the next time I make you hot chocolate, I will forget about the caramel syrup and marshmallows,” Johnny threatened playfully.

“That’s no fair,” Casey whined causing Johnny to chuckle.

“I’m going to get my head down, and you should do the same… got a big day tomorrow,” Johnny stated kissing Casey’s head and heading inside.

An hour later Casey followed, but she didn’t get much sleep, and so she was up early finishing the gift bags, she had put together for the boys. Sure the bracelets had been pretty expensive, but Casey still believed that to make a present complete, you should always add in a little something from the heart, so that’s what she did.

In each bag she added a piece of her heart, in the form of a thank you letter, each one unique and aimed at one specific person. It was seven o’clock when she had finished, and so putting the bags back under her bed, she headed downstairs to help.

“Happy Thanksgiving Casey,” Raab said hugging her, and kissing her cheek.

“You too Rabbit.”

“You okay babe?” Ryan asked as Casey walked into the kitchen, grabbing her medication from the cupboard.

“Yeah just got a migraine,” Casey replied taking two tablets and smiling at Ryan, who hugged her from behind, kissing her neck.

“Yo… get a room you two,” Don Vito shouted as he walked into the kitchen.

“Vito, can you please not shout,” Casey mumbled as Bam walked in looking less than impressed.

“What’s up bro?” Ryan inquired as Casey leant back on him a little.

“Having trouble finding a turkey big enough for everyone who’s coming.”

“We could always stuff Don Vito, then we could feed the whole of Westchester,” Casey suggested grinning when Bam and Ryan burst out laughing.

“As much as that idea sounds great, I don’t think that beached whale is a traditional Thanksgiving meat,” Bam replied once he had finished laughing.

“The thought of stuffing Don Vito doesn’t really fill me with Thanksgiving spirit,” Ryan added grimacing at the thought.

Casey chuckled as she poured herself some orange juice, and followed Bam into the living room, where he was stressing over the turkey.

“Leave the turkey to me and Ryan, we’ll handle it.”

“No can do babe, I have somewhere to be,” Ryan replied.

“Fine, I’ll take Johnny then,” Casey grumbled.

“Thanks Sparks,” Bam added.

She grabbed her car keys off the side, heading outside where Johnny was standing talking to Glomb and Raab.

“Johnny,” Casey shouted causing him to look at her questioningly, “Lets go we’re going turkey hunting.”

“Can we come?” Raab added as Johnny approached her and took the car keys since she still wasn’t able to drive.

“Sure just hurry up.”

Once everyone was in the car, Johnny drove them to town, and pulled up outside the supermarket. Casey led them inside, walking over to where the turkeys were, and pulling them over to find the biggest ones.

“How many people are coming?” Casey asked realising that she had forgotten to find out before leaving.

“Probably close to fifty, you know Bam… he never does anything small,” Johnny replied.

“Okay, so if we get three turkeys then that’ll be plenty, because there is no way one turkey will feed all those people, especially with Don Vito and Phil around.”

“Casey, what’s a Turducken?” Raab inquired prodding his finger at the frozen bird, as if it was an alien.

“It’s a turkey, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken,” Casey stated looking over at Raab.

“Who knew that birds could be so experimental,” Raab mumbled and Casey rolled her eyes.

“So Casey who’s molesting the turkey for this dinner?” Glomb asked.

“I don’t know Glomb, but it will definitely not be me, especially after the way you just phrased that. Besides I don’t really get Thanksgiving anyway.”

“What don’t you get?” Johnny said as Casey put the turkeys in a trolley that Raab had acquired.

“I just think it’s kind of pointless since you should be grateful everyday, not just on one day, besides who sat there and thought ‘you know what lets express our gratitude for what we have in life by ravaging a beheaded bird’.”

“You’ve thought about this a lot haven’t you?” Raab added.

“Not really, I’ve just never really liked the celebration, it’s just another reason for people to have a party and get drunk.”

Casey grabbed a few other things that they could use, then paid and headed back out to the car, with Raab jumping around like a hyperactive child. Driving home Casey turned on the radio, and bobbed her head along to Him, which blared through the speakers.

When they finally pulled into the drive, there were a lot more cars parked in the driveway. They all got out, retrieving the shopping from the boot of the car, and went inside.

“Did you get it?” Bam asked hopeful.

“We got you three turkeys, which should all fit in your freakishly big oven, and will feed everyone.”

“You are a life saver,” Bam said as a huge crash sounded from upstairs.

Not trusting anyone enough to stay out of her room, Casey ran up and locked it, before returning downstairs where Don Vito was already stuffing his face. She pinched the bridge of her nose, taking a deep breath, as sudden tiredness swept over her, and her head span in fast circles.

“Sparks, you okay?” Jess asked looking concerned.

“Yeah, I just need to rest for a little while that’s all, I’ll be down soon.”

Casey went to her room, lying on the bed, and closing her eyes. She wasn’t entirely sure when she had fallen asleep, but when she woke up it was one o’clock in the afternoon, and the noise downstairs indicated that everyone was now there.

With a deep breath Casey checked her phone, realizing that she had missed two calls from Ryan, and had a text message which she opened. Her heart sank when she saw that it was to tell her, that he wouldn’t be here until later, and suddenly she really wasn’t in the mood.

“Casey,” Johnny said knocking on the door.

“Yeah,” Casey mumbled looking up as Johnny pushed open the door, and sat down on the bed next to her.

“Bam told me to come and get you up, everyone is here, and food will be ready soon,” Johnny stated as he moved over to the bed, “What’s wrong Sparks?”

“It’s just Ryan… his acting really weird,” Casey replied feeling the tears stinging her eyes.

“That isn’t much different from how he acts on a daily basis Sparks, want to try and be a little more specific?”

“He didn’t want to come into town with me earlier, and now he’s not going to be here until later. It just feels like he doesn’t really want to be around me, unless he has to be,” Casey mumbled.

“Firstly, I’m hurt that I was the second person you asked to go turkey shopping, and not the first. Secondly Ryan loves you, even if he doesn’t say it, and third it’s Thanksgiving… there are a lot of people downstairs who want to celebrate your recovery, especially me and the boys.”

Casey nodded, getting up with a groan, and hugging Johnny who pulled her close, before taking her hand and leading her downstairs, where everyone was stood around talking. She knew deep down that Ryan loved her, but everything seemed strained between them, and she was beginning to wonder if they would really last.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy reading ♥

I'm trying to get a good balance of real life drama and the craziness as well, don't worry there are plenty of crazy moments to come, thank you for reading :)