Sequel: Love and Life
Status: Will be updated when inspiration strikes:)

Just Another Love Story

Nightmares and surprises

Just as his lips brushed against hers, a group of kids ran past yelling, causing Ryan to pull away. Casey chuckled as he put his arms around her, pulling her into him and laughing. They stood in silence for a while before heading home, and picking up dinner for everyone. When they arrived home the guys were watching a film, and drinking beer.

“Look whose home,” Bam said winking at Casey, who rolled her eyes.

“We brought food home for everyone, if you’re hungry,” Casey replied setting the bags of food on the table.

“Food,” Raab shouted as everyone jumped up, and surrounded the table.

“Me and Johnny saw Josh earlier, with some blonde chick on his arm, they looked cozy,” Bam stated.

Bam could handle his drink fine, but when he had had a few beers, his mouth tended to run away with him, and he couldn’t control what came out of it.

“Nice one dude,” Ryan mumbled as Casey put her food down and left the room.

“Casey, what about your food?” Johnny shouted.

“I’m not hungry,” Casey yelled back, slamming her bedroom door and sitting down on her bed.

It wasn’t like she really cared who Josh was seeing, but she didn’t need his happiness rubbed in her face, especially by her own brother. The situation between them was toxic, and all Casey wanted to do was move on. No one bothered her that night, probably realizing that she just needed to be on her own. Sleep came easy but it wasn’t peaceful though, in fact it was plagued with the same recurring nightmare, she had had since she was fifteen.

‘Casey woke up alone in the forest, which was a part of ‘Castle Bam’; the wind blew through the dying trees, seemingly dancing with the fallen leaves, which were unwillingly dragged from the ground. The stars covered the night sky, like thousands of pairs of eyes, staring down at her, and she coward beneath them.

Everything seemed a lot darker than it should, as though something was lurking, shadowing her presence with dire precision. There was slight movement in front of her, as she rose to her feet, and looked around. Noises sounded around her, but she couldn’t run, she could barely stand, but she had to get to the house.

She ran as fast as she could, sticking to the trail that had been embedded, into the trees and undergrowth. The house was soon in sight as she broke free of the forest, and urged herself to keep going, she soon hit the decking of the house, and tried the door… it was locked. Everyone was inside, so she banged on the glass, but nobody acknowledged her presence… it was as though she was invisible.

Hearing footsteps on the decking behind her, she spun round but no one was there, the distinct sound of boots on wood came closer, as Casey slid down to the floor. The boots stopped in front of where she was sitting, a shadow passed over her, but still she saw nothing there. She waited a few moments before she saw the glint of something silver, and let out a blood curdling scream’


All of a sudden she was wide awake, sitting straight up in her bed, sweating and shaking. She took a deep breath, before heading down the hall to Bam’s room, suddenly remembering that Jenn was in town, and sharing her brother's bed.

After standing staring at Bam’s door for a few moments, Casey decided that she would go to Ryan’s room, she really didn’t want to be alone, and Ryan was the only other person who she knew wouldn’t ask questions. She knocked on the door gently, so that she didn’t wake the other guys, and waited until she heard a muffled ‘come in’ from behind the door, before entering the room. Ryan sat on upon spotting her, and Casey closed the door quietly behind her.

“Everything okay?” Ryan asked looking concerned.

“I couldn’t sleep,” Casey replied looking down at the floor.

Ryan nodded, taking her hand, and pulling her onto the bed beside him. He put the covers over her, and then put his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. He kissed her on the cheek, before lying down and settling with his face buried in her neck, she smiled to herself and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Casey woke up, to find Ryan watching her sleep. He smiled when he saw that she was awake, running his fingertips down her arm, and resting his hand on her hip.

“Morning,” he whispered.

“Why were you watching me sleep?” Casey asked turning slightly red in the face.

“You looked so innocent and peaceful.”

“I am innocent,” Casey replied.

“That won’t work with me, unfortunately I know you way too well,” Ryan teased.

“Ah, that’s not a very nice thing to say,” Casey stated smacking his chest and playfully glaring at him.

Ryan chuckled, watching as Casey got off of the bed, and left his room. She headed to her own room, to get changed, closing the door and leaning against it, a huge smile spreading across her face. She got ready, then headed downstairs to grab some breakfast, finding her mum and uncle sitting in the kitchen.

“Hey sweetie,” Ape said with her usual bright smile.

“Hey, what’s for breakfast?” Casey asked inhaling the smell of bacon as it hit her nose.

“Scrambled egg and bacon, it’ll be ready in five minutes.”

Casey nodded sitting at the counter, and grabbing the paper from Don Vito, who started shouting at her. Casey ignored him flicking through the pages, reading bits here and there.

“Vito, why are you shouting?” Bam yelled from the stairs.

“I took the newspaper from him to read,” Casey replied smiling at her brother as he entered the kitchen.

“Oh is that all,” he added kissing the top of her head, and grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

“I was reading it,” Vito shouted.

“Can you even read?” Bam asked making Casey laugh.

A little while later, all the guys were gathered around the table, eating and discussing possible stunts for an upcoming film. Casey watched them from the counter, jumping slightly as she felt her phone vibrate. She took it from her pocket, swallowing a mouthful of egg, before answering.

“Hello?” she asked not recognizing the number.

‘Hey baby girl, it’s been a while.'

“Lily?” Casey said surprised.

‘The one and only,’ Lily replied from the other end.

“Oh my god, how are you?”

‘I’m great actually, I’m in town for a few days, and was wondering if you wanted to meet up and hang out?'

“Of course. When? Where?” Casey almost shouted in excitement.

‘Today, West Chester Diner about two-ish?’

“Sounds good, it’s good to have you back Lily,” Casey added as she hung up.

Casey checked her watch, she still had two hours, but she was excited. Lily had been her best friend, until her parents had decided to move, and they lost contact. There was one tiny thing, that had Casey confused, and that was how had Lily gotten her number after all that time?

She was in a world of her own, when Ryan snuck up behind her, tickling her sides and making her squeal. He laughed, walking off as if nothing had happened, and sitting back at the table with Bam. Casey shook her head, and then headed outside to skateboard for a while, until it was time for her to get ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like... let me know what you think! And don't be scared to point out any grammar errors!

I just want to thank everyone who has recommended, subscribed and commented on this, it means a lot! ♥