The Life of an Abandoned Bear

Chapter One

Well, today has been a sorrowful day. My owner, who I view as my funny looking friend, gave me to a thing called "charity." I thought it would be a good thing, because it sounded like a sweet dessert of some sort, but it was never such a thing.

I wanted to cry as I saw his tears running lethargically down his cheek, but I knew not what those tears were for. I thought that, just maybe, his "mum", as he called the superior female, had yelled at him again. He hugged me as tightly as he could, making my stuffing all lumpy, and dropped me into a large paper sack. Then everything went black...

I woke up, or at least it was a similar feeling, in a different area. The scent of food wafting from the cooking room, or "kitchen", was absent from my senses. There was a lack of any other familiar surroundings too, for I did not spot my child. I saw more creatures, older, larger, and more callous versions of my beloved family, taking upon themselves more large paper sacks. I could not see the contents, but I had to wonder what was going to happen to me, or if there was a mourning stuffed toy just like me, sitting in another sack, thinking my same thoughts. A male creature picked me up suddenly, and to my surprise, I was thrown softly into a pile of stuffed animals like me.

"Did you get thrown away just like us?" A large crocodile, well worn with sad eyes, waddled up to me when the male left.

"Yes, I think that is what happened, I really have no idea... where are we?" My voice was so underused that it sounded faintly alien to my ears. Bears have no reason to converse with a creature such as yourself. It is just not the custom.

"We are in, at least thats what one of the humans said-"

"What is a human, Sir Alligator?" I had never heard such a term.

"These creatures you see are humans. The males are called Men, the females are Women, and the small humans are Children. And you do not need to call me "Sir Alligator", just call me Frank, that is what my Child called me."

"Oh, okay, I understand, now, what were you saying about the humans?"

Frank smiled at me, "We are in a distribution factory, a place where they send us to all different assortments of places, and give us to new Children. Or a Child. Children is plural...."

I noticed that this Frank, no matter how kindly he was to me, he had an awfully weird way of rambling on about matters, even they were of no use to the listener. He must have been older than he had appeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, I just need more time to think of how to add on. Hope you enjoyed! This is my first posting of any works online, so critisism and comments are encouraged!!! :D