Status: Remake. Active.

Ride or Die

2

(Serrah)

Me and Micah were seated in the back in a booth waiting for our waitress to bring back our drinks when the hostest came up to the table.

"There's a Mr. Derrick Rose at the front asking for you."

I smiled, he actually came.

"Bring him back please"

She nodded and walked away.

"Who's Derrick?"

I laughed at the mug Micah had on her face but before I could answer, Derrick was approaching the table.

His work clothes did him no justice, he was wearing a black shirt that hugged his arms, dark washed jeans, Melo 10s, and a single gold chain.

As he got to the table I stood up to give him a hug.

"Hey."

"Hey. Who's this lil cutie?"

Micah giggled as we slid into the circular booth on either side of her.

"This is my little sister, Micah. Micah this is my friend, Derrick."

He pulled a little rose from his back pocket and handed it to Micah.

"RahRah look!"

"I see MyMy! What do you say?"

She huffed and turned back to Derrick.

"Thank you."

Finally our waitress returned with our drinks and when she noticed Derrick at the table her whole face changed and she immedierly started pushing her chest out.

"And what can I get you, sir?"

"I'll have a long island ice tea"

"With lemon?"

She started batting her fake eyelashes so fast I thought she would fly away.

"No thanks"

"I'll be right back with that sir"

She put emphasis on 'right' before sashsaying away.

"Thirsty or nah?"

I laughed and high-fived Micah.

Some may she's too grown but without our mom being here we both had to grow up and she's far from disrespectful so it's all good.

"So Derrick, tell me about yourself.."

"Well Im 19 and Im a senior, I just transfered to Southeast High, I been playing basketball since I was 6, I live with my moms, and Im an only child. What about you?"

"Im 18 and a senior, I go to Southeast, photography is my passion, I live on my own with Micah, I work two jobs, and my favorite colors are pink and blue"

I could tell me living on my own and having two jobs threw Derrick off but he tried to play it off.

"How long yall been living alone?"

"4 years."

He nodded.

"Where do you work?"

"Forever 21 and Footlocker up in North Mall"

"You travel all the way up there?"

"I only work weekends up there and my bum as-"

I looked down at Micah who was busy playing with her rose and coloring her menu.

"-my sperm donor has a place up north that he gave me keys to so we stay there on the weekends I have to work."

He nodded and opened his mouth to speak again when the waitress cut him off.

The top four buttons on her shirt were now undone, her hair was taken down from its ponytail, her make-up was completely different, and she changed from her black slacks to a black bodycon skirt.

"Here you go sweetie"

Derrick's eyes went straight to her clevage and I could almost see the drool dripping out his mouth.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes?"

She was still facing Derrick and they were basically eye fucking.

I just rolled my eyes and gathered my things.

"Micah lets go. We'll go to Chuck-e-Cheese like you wanted."

"Yay!!"

Niether one of them even flitched as they continued to flirt.

Me and Micah walked out and hopped in my car.

***Next Day (Saturday)***

(Derrick)

I woke up with a big ass grin on my face. I turned over praying the girl from last night had left so I wouldn't have to kick her out.

I saw a note sitting on the pillow.

I got out before you mom got home. Call me so we can hook up again 345-7245.

I chuckled then hooked my phone up to the dock blasting Chief Keef through my room and went to my bathroom to shower.

After I was clean I threw on a white polo, some cargo shorts, and my Lebrons.

I sent Serrah a text cause I felt bad about last night.

Aye wassup? -D

Im working. -S

Can I take you to lunch? -D

No. Look just dont hmu anymore. -S

Aint this some shit.

I went out to the garage to see my moms work truck gone so I decided I would take her range rover to go see Serrah at work.

***1 hour later***

(Serrah)

I was working the register at Footlocker today because the lady who usually watches Micah when I work up here is sick so shes sitting in the back and I wanted to be as close as possible.

"Serrah!"

I didnt even bother to look up from the magazine I was flipping through.

"Whats up Forrest?"

"You got a visitor."

I looked up and Derrick was standing at the counter.

I scrunched up my face.

"What do you want?"

"You have horrible customer service.."

He chuckled but my face never cracked.

"Unless you here to buy shoes, get out."

He held up his hands in defeat.

"Fair enough. I just came to apoligize about last night."

"You good son"

He was about to say something else when Jayceon walked up and cut him off.

"Babygirl why you aint answering ya phone?"

"I gave it to MyMy in the back"

He nodded then started sizing Derrick up.

After a minute he sent him a head nod before looking back at me.

"Tell Micah I said come on if she wanna catch this movie."

I walked in the back to Micah quickly cause I was scared of leaving Jay with Derrick.

"MyMy, Uncle Jay is here for you."

She got up and jet past me leaving all her stuff.

I picked up her bag full of snacks and extra clothes and slipped my phone in my pocket.

When I came back out Micah was sitting on Jay's shoulders and laughing.

"Here ya go. I should be off and at the house by 3"

He nodded grabbing her bag.

"I told Forrest you were taking your lunch break with ole dude over there so go on."

I glared at him.

"Really Jay?"

"Yeah, I know him from around, he aight so go on."

I rolled my eyes and went to get my purse.